Well with a day spent on experimenting and trying everything I can possibly think of for the sake of providing some info to the interested users here.

I can say for sure that this method does not work for the Curve 8900. Even though some places advertise or tell you 8000 models work.

Attempt this method and you will surely end up with a brick as I have 4 times today through tedious and long trials. While recoverable, it's definitely a caveman approach to the issue.

While I do think there are 8900 MML patched files, the problem is the MFI ML itself, it quite simply is incompatible with the 8900.

As for my results? Well a ton of time wasted and a bunch off annoyances that I now have to deal with that I thought I could spare myself knowing what I was getting into.

First off, when you go through the process your phone bricks. You will have a while screen with small text saying something like: No application linked. And directly under in brackets: (Factory OS) or something of that nature. But truth be told, this doesnt seem to be a true brick, but an OS-less 8900 or at least of its core files, though oddly enough I believe keys register as you can see the alt icon if you press the alt button, so the soft reset combo works, but to no avail as you are greeted by the same screen. (There is no way to turn off the phone now other than removing the battery as it will constatnly reboot to this screen if you dont).

This happened to be 3 times, luckily the recovery was sucessful even though it takes ages to recover.

The final and last time i attempted to out of curiousity to have the process work while connected to the internet (as others have advised to not do this specifically). And boy, this actually I think bricked my phone full out. I am telling you, you get constant reboots of a random interval nature, and random duration in which the phone is powered on with random code pouring down the screen as if your watching The Matrix, it goes completely haywire. Luckily I was waiting for the moment the USB device would register (about 45 mins of random occurances and it popped up just long enough for me to initiate a downgrade).

This is getting to be a post too long for a simple warning. Oh and.. dont ask about this software here, it is completely shunned in terms of obtaining it and instructions on how to use it.

I would highly suggest you contact Carnag3, he sells unlock codes, and runs his own website alone, unlike most places that take like 2 days or some garbage like that or even longer, he gets you a code in like a few minutes and runs you through the process.

Again, currently as things stand and will probably be, do not try unlocking your phone using this software, it's a 100% fail all the time. Spare yourself the trouble I had to go through (losing all my apps and downloads that i paid for that I now have to email and convince I accidentally deleted them. And yes I pretty much have a barebones OS with the simple functions without any apps or downloads or IM cliets like BB messanger, or even BB Maps).
    05-08-09 05:01 AM
    Yes, this software is not compatible with the 8900. Thanks for the confirmation. I have been trying to warn people to avoid this software for months now.
    05-08-09 08:35 AM
    Meh even if you have a model that it does work with it, I still wouldn't advise it for the sake of the user. There are so many little things you can mess up just because of everyday human error with this thing.
    05-08-09 10:16 AM
    Meh even if you have a model that it does work with it, I still wouldn't advise it for the sake of the user. There are so many little things you can mess up just because of everyday human error with this thing.
    I absolutely agree with that as well! I wish more people would heed the warning but sadly they heard "free unlocking" and decide to go for it anyway without assessing all the risks.
    05-08-09 12:53 PM
    If someone has already tried using the MFI ML method to unlock a BB Bold. And now the White screen with the "No application linked Factory OS" is the only thing showing on the screen. My question to the experts: is this phone totally garbage now? Or can the original software be easily restored?

I am looking to buy such a phone but don't want to drive half way accross town only to realize that this phone can not be fixed.
    09-23-09 10:34 PM
    I absolutely agree with that as well! I wish more people would heed the warning but sadly they heard "free unlocking" and decide to go for it anyway without assessing all the risks.
    Totally agree with you. If you want to unlock your Blackberry, use an unlock code to unlock your phone is easier and safer method
    09-23-09 11:17 PM
    The lesson here is do not use software that was never meant
    to be released to or intended to be used by casual users.
    09-23-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD