Hey,

I've had my bold now for exactly one year. I am eligible to upgrade today; however, I phoned Rogers and the rep was telling me that they are out of stock which is why the Bold 9700 is not showing up in my upgrade list or on the website.

Now, I heard from my friend that you are eligible for a hardware upgrade to a regular phone after a year but to get another smartphone you have to wait 2 years? I upgraded from my Curve 8310 to my Bold 9000 after only 1 year. Did they change this?

She told me to go to a store, but if the upgrade pricing isn't showing on their end or on MyRogers, does this mean I am not eligible, and how would a store have the pricing?

The CSR I spoke to today did not mention anything about a longer wait period, but who knows, she may not have been clued up. She did after all tell me that "What is there not to understand, we don't have the phone in stock so I cant give you pricing" which is stupid, so they cant even tell me the price now because it's out of stock?

Thanks

Justin.
    11-17-09 01:44 PM
    yes the 2 year wait on smartphones is sorta new happened in May this year i believe
    11-17-09 02:03 PM
    The only thing guaranteed by a contract is the price for specified wireless minutes and data (if applicable) over the course of the contract. Everything else is fair game for change (with nominal notice) as far as Rogers is concerned. Welcome to your EULA....
    11-17-09 02:17 PM
    I have had my bold for 8 months and i can upgrade to a iphone, but i can't see the 9700 listed on myrogers.

I will not be upgrading to the 9700 or and iphone (yuk)..

No big difference between the 9000 and the 9700, i like the wider, bigger bold screen.
    11-17-09 07:26 PM
    Alright. So I went to a store and they confirmed 2 year wait for smartphones. This changed happened late August. I phoned rogers and I was pissed at them because twice I phoned inquiring about the upgrade and both reps did not tell me about the 2 year wait. Do they not train their staff? I requested a manager call me back just because I was misinformed. That hasn't happened either yet. If the first guy I spoke to told me it was a 2 year wait then fine I would have no issue. Poor customer service. And to see what the last rep I spoked to said "it's not showing up because it's not in stock' haha where did she pull that BS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 07:49 PM
    Chances are you'll never get the same rep twice and they love transferring you from one dept to another. I've not been enjoying the customer service with rogers for awhile now. Sadly, online 3rd party websites will give you better info on Rogers and their policies than a Roger's rep actually will!
    11-17-09 08:26 PM
    It was always 2 years on smart-phones. As of August this year though, it is now 2 years on ALL phones. Non smart-phones were 1 year before the change.
    11-17-09 09:48 PM
    So, a manager called me back. He apologized to me and "made" an exception to "upgrade" me to any smartphone except for the 9700 and iPhone. I of course told him the other devices are a downgrade to my 9000 and there is no point to his offer. He gave me 40 bucks off my next bill (big deal, I didn't want the credit) and that's only 1/3 of my bill. Didn't get anywhere. I'll let my contract run out, I have 2 more years, then I'll reconsider staying with Rogers.
    11-19-09 08:25 PM
    It was always 2 years on smart-phones. As of August this year though, it is now 2 years on ALL phones. Non smart-phones were 1 year before the change.
    Incorrect, it was NOT always 2 years on smartphones. As someone mentioned earlier, they made the change earlier this year to 2 years on smartphones and dumbphones were still able to upgrade after 1 year. In august, that policy was changed to reflect the new 2 year wait for ALL phones.

11-19-09 11:16 PM

wrong dumb ***,, its 1 year for non smart phone and 2 for smart phone.

As per the OP similar thing happened to me, i got a call back from their customer relationship department. Basically offered me anyphone but the 9700 or the iphone 3gs or 3g, i have a bold and im on my 3rd replacement with nothing but constant problems with it.

Now i'm out of warrenty and stuck with it for another year. Anyways i've decided to sell the phone for 350 dollars pay the early cancellation fee and go with telus. WAYYY better option if Rogers isnt willing to cough up a new phone when i have been a customer for 7 years and my phone bill is around 180 a month with my data stick together with my package.
    11-24-09 01:05 PM
    Check out a Glentel store (Wireless Wave, Telephone Booth, or Wireless Etc.). Tell them your issue and they will probably help you out.

One of my friends is a Manager, and I know they have some 9700's I believe..
    11-24-09 02:24 PM
    So, a manager called me back. He apologized to me and "made" an exception to "upgrade" me to any smartphone except for the 9700 and iPhone. I of course told him the other devices are a downgrade to my 9000 and there is no point to his offer. He gave me 40 bucks off my next bill (big deal, I didn't want the credit) and that's only 1/3 of my bill. Didn't get anywhere. I'll let my contract run out, I have 2 more years, then I'll reconsider staying with Rogers.
    40 bucks off your next bill isn't a bad form of compensation for their staff making a mistake. I'd be happy with it.
    11-24-09 03:31 PM
    40 bucks off your next bill isn't a bad form of compensation for their staff making a mistake. I'd be happy with it.
    I'd be happy with it as well. Don't tell me you turned it down?
    11-24-09 05:41 PM
    I got my 9000 in Nov of last year...anyways, the 9700 shows up on myrogers - strange...

12-04-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD