I have atour and I love the thing, I am a heavy user and I like (not love) bbm and the ease of use...My problem is that I am an I.T. Pro and I need something more, I want a phone that hooks up with my exchange, lets me sms with no issue, gives me no hassles, takes less than 5 minutes to reboot, has a physical keyboard and has the abiltiy to actually browse the web and use cool, great apps, without having to wait for RIM to catch up....
    ANY SUGGSTIONS?

Willing to move to anything at this point.
    02-01-10 09:44 AM
    Have you played with the Moto Droid?
    02-01-10 10:17 AM
    a little bit but not enough to come to a solid conclusion, it seems that the only thing it lacks is a good physical keyboard which while annoying is overshadowed by the kick a** os
    02-01-10 10:21 AM
    I would say go up to a VZW store and play around with a couple different phones and pick one that is going to work out for you.
    02-01-10 10:26 AM
    I know that is the typical suggestion and a good one, but i was hoping someone around here might have been in the same boat and made a switch and liked it...I have tried about 6 phones in the past yr and i just wantr to find the right one already.
    02-01-10 10:28 AM
    I've had a few Windows mobile phones and 2 blackberries and for me, nothing compares to blackberry.

You sited SMS with no issues. What issues are you having with the ? SMS? I find it highly efficient once you seperate it from the general message folder. Its threaded, and allows calling numbers and opening links right from an SMS.

Also, you don't LOVE BBM? WTH is wrong with you?! *joke* :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 11:06 AM
    I hate the new threaded SMS. If I want to type a long message I can't save it as a draft and continue typing the message and then send it all at once anymore.

02-01-10 04:12 PM
    Assuming that you're staying with Verizon, I would probably look at Palm, or wait and see if a new Windows Mobile 7 will work its way down soon. The WebOS is pretty neat. Windows Mobile integrates very well with all the other "Windows" environments.
    02-01-10 05:12 PM
    I'm looking into the HTC Touch Pro 2. I've used Palm and BB. So this will be my first WinMo. I pretty excited about it. Getting older I need a bigger screen and a full QWERTY keyboard. Sometimes I loose my glasses. That sux. Looked at the Moto Droid. Keyboard is not good at all. Found it to be very awkward. Yep, I'm getting the HTC.

02-02-10 08:46 AM
    Not sure if they are gonna make a CDMA model, BUt THIS is the phone you want IF you want a big screen....

HTC HD2 (Unlocked) - A Review of the HTC HD2 (Unlocked)
    02-02-10 09:39 AM
    There is a thread in the Android section that begins before the "Droid" even dropped. Lots of opinions in there. For myself, I have played with the Droid and love it! My contract isn't up 'till November but I'll more than likely make the jump at that time.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/of...thread-356711/
    Last edited by wricks; 02-02-10 at 11:55 AM.
    02-02-10 11:45 AM
    I like my BlackBerry too much to give it up. I have tried a bunch of other smart phones and even dumb phones. I always end up coming back to my BlackBerry. My biggest thing is I love blackberry's email support. You can't beat all my accounts pushing. It manages all my messages just fine and I like everything about my berry.

02-02-10 05:48 PM
    I want a phone that hooks up with my exchange, lets me sms with no issue, gives me no hassles, takes less than 5 minutes to reboot, has a physical keyboard and has the abiltiy to actually browse the web and use cool, great apps, without having to wait for RIM to catch up....
    ANY SUGGSTIONS?

Willing to move to anything at this point.
    In my opinion, there is no US phone that fills all those requirements.

Of course, I don't know what your definition of "cool, great apps" or "actually browse the web" are. To me, personally, there is no such phone with a good physical keyboard and a good web browser.
    02-02-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD