Hi all. Just want to check if my understanding is correct, so here are some questions. First, a couple of things to know:

A. My current contract expires 7-19-10, but according to Sprint I am eligible for the full upgrade pricing on 5-1-10 (which makes sense because I believe you get it at the start of your 22nd month).

B. This December I will have been with Sprint 10 years, so I become a Premier customer.

Now the questions:

1. If I buy a new phone on 5-1-10 and get the full upgrade pricing by signing a two-year contract, and then 5-1-11 rolls around (meaning I'll have had that phone for one year), am I eligible for the full upgrade pricing again even though I have a year left on the contract? Does it matter that I haven't been Premier member for a full year?

2. If I buy a new phone with upgrade pricing/2-year contract on 5-1-11, does this new 2-year contract replace the current one (which would still have a year left) or do they get added together?

Ultimately I'm just wondering if the yearly upgrade is independent of the 2-year contracts you have to sign in order to get the full upgrade pricing in the first place, and if I have to be a Premier member for a year before I get the benefits.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JohnJSal; 02-17-10 at 01:59 AM.
    02-17-10 01:57 AM
    Ok so well take it from the top. It doesnt take hitting a ten year mark or anything to be a premier customer. So I gather that you've probably been a premier customer much longer than you think. As for your first question yes, as a premier customer you get your full upgrade price after only a year in to the 2 year contract. Second, if you buy the new phone after the first year and sign the new 2 year contract it is just that, a new 2 year contract. They do not combine for 3 years or anything like that. So your good to go on the upgrade now if you want and then can do it again every year there after.
    02-17-10 02:39 AM
    It does depend on 10 years. Assuming the OP isn't on one of the automatic-premier plans, he/she will not become premier until the ten year anniversary. That said, go ahead and upgrade on may 1st. May 1st 2011 you will be eligible again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 07:55 AM
    Thanks guys. And yeah, I already looked into it and the only other way to be Premier is to have a plan of (I believe) $69.99 or more. My plan is $40 with a $30 Blackberry add-on package, so that doesn't count. But I like the flexibility of having the voice plan separate from data/text anyway.
    02-17-10 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD