Since the webpage is not correct.
    It could be construed at "bait and switch", if you walk in with the add.

Contact not the FCC but the Attorney General for your state.
    Who is the one holding the gun making the customer buy the phone? Just wanted to know. Because I would like to see a person say, "I forced myself to by this phone and now I have a 350.00 ETF. It was the phone or my life"
    12-09-09 05:32 PM
    Since the webpage is not correct.
    It could be construed at "bait and switch", if you walk in with the add.

Contact not the FCC but the Attorney General for your state.
    You're joking, right? Read the T&C linked from that page which describe the 2 different ETF levels. That's essentially what you'd sign as a new customer. You wouldn't sign your name on a pdf of an ad on a website that has a goof on it (which needs to be corrected.)
    12-09-09 05:36 PM
    Well technically this is what is called 'Bait and Switch'
    but
    I'm sure any sane judge would see that it's:
    1. An isolated incident.
    2. Reported correctly in other areas of the publication (website).
    3. A simple oversight.
    4. And toss it out like a hot rock.
    12-09-09 05:39 PM
    And while you are at it, how about making six to seven phone calls to their respective customer service to authenticate what you have found. Please report back after doing so.
    And make certain you also report back as to how those carriers' reps are twice as intelligent as the average VZW wireless store vet.

This chump is still way too jealous that he is making not too far off minimum wage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 06:18 PM
    And make certain you also report back as to how those carriers' reps are twice as intelligent as the average VZW wireless store vet.

This chump is still way too jealous that he is making not too far off minimum wage.

Oh no.. not this again.. Let's all chilllllllll lol
    12-09-09 06:21 PM
    I'm gonna grab the popcorn and just sit back.

Yes it is a small overlook on Verizon's part, but someone should have correct this. Someone will try to scam the system with this.
    12-09-09 07:23 PM
    Yup, just another weak attempt to find fault with VZW. When I get home tonight I think I'll comb AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mo's websites for inconsistencies. Who wants to bet I'll find at least one on each carrier's site?
    Just another weak attempt? Where do you think the daily sale promos are coming from?

You don't think I am doing those out of goodwill to VZW, do you?

Typical weak defense - no reasonable defense so let's try to find errors committed by others, as if two wrongs make a right.

You will not find similar errors on AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint's sites currently. Go ahead & look. I can analyze the entire site in about 5 minutes. Feel free to take several days looking for something I alreasy know isn't there.

For those who think it was an oversight made before the ETF increase, think again. The ETF increase was signed off on in February 2009 - long before that sale piece was written - and the sale piece was posted after the ETF increase went into effect.

By the way - that "error" is in violation of truth in advertising laws in at least 36 states & effectively nullifies the higher amount in most of those states. Grab that zip file & forward it to your state authorities if you need to - its why it was posted.

12-09-09 07:31 PM
    Just another weak attempt? Where do you think the daily sale promos are coming from?

You don't think I am doing those out of goodwill to VZW, do you?

Typical weak defense - no reasonable defense so let's try to find errors committed by others, as if two wrongs make a right.

You will not find similar errors on AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint's sites currently. Go ahead & look. I can analyze the entire site in about 5 minutes. Feel free to take several days looking for something I alreasy know isn't there.

For those who think it was an oversight made before the ETF increase, think again. The ETF increase was signed off on in February 2009 - long before that sale piece was written - and the sale piece was posted after the ETF increase went into effect.

By the way - that "error" is in violation of truth in advertising laws in at least 36 states & effectively nullifies the higher amount in most of those states. Grab that zip file & forward it to your state authorities if you need to - its why it was posted.

I'll comment on the one portion of this post that's constructive: thank you for the daily sale promos. You've kept that alive for a long time, and it's appreciated.
    12-09-09 07:36 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I'm making "not to far off minimum wage" then I'm pretty happy and comfortable doing so!!!!!
    12-09-09 07:37 PM
    Certainly not someone who owns multiple multi million dollar businesses......most likely from someone who has little more to do with their life.
    12-09-09 07:39 PM
    I point out reaities - he continues with his scatological prowess
    12-09-09 07:47 PM
    LOL this is how twins chills, lots of arguing and fault finding. Its funny how he finds so much fault with blackberry but posts so much on a bb fansite. Now he's on a VZW fault finding tangent and he ONLY posts on the VZW forum here.
    12-09-09 08:20 PM
    I point out reaities - he continues with his scatological prowess
    This is somewhat interesting to those left with an open mind => Court Approves Ringtone Lawsuit Settlement: Related News (Phone Scoop)

The list is long and distinguished. I had forgotten about AT&T's ETF and ringtone settlements. It would appear that the big 4 have all engaged in less than ethical or appropriate behavior from time to time. Shocking!

Twins is correct though: error or not if you're so inclined and have the free time your state might be interested in pursuing what he's identified. Me, I'm too busy working 13-14 hour shifts flipping burgers for minimum wage. How else do you think I afford my BMW? It's all about that minimum wage overtime baby!
    12-09-09 08:22 PM
    bait and switch.. false advertising.. omg... it's called a typo!!!
    12-10-09 09:18 AM
    Speak for yourself! I've been making so much money selling tickets to the upcoming fight and barbque that I may be a multi-million dollar conglomerate soon. In fact, I may need to hire some of you to help. The half time video of VZW being caned really boosted sales.

Now, lets get to the important stuff in this fight. Whose name should be first on the marquee? Also, I had one request for chicken. Alligator is still fresh, the season was September, down here. What do you folks think about me adding alligator sauce piquante (a cajun favorite) along with the chicken and brisket. Does anyone have some suggestions for sides?
    12-10-09 09:33 AM
    Speak for yourself! I've been making so much money selling tickets to the upcoming fight and barbque that I may be a multi-million dollar conglomerate soon. In fact, I may need to hire some of you to help. The half time video of VZW being caned really boosted sales.

Now, lets get to the important stuff in this fight. Whose name should be first on the marquee? Also, I had one request for chicken. Alligator is still fresh, the season was September, down here. What do you folks think about me adding alligator sauce piquante (a cajun favorite) along with the chicken and brisket. Does anyone have some suggestions for sides?
    How about crow?
    12-10-09 10:16 AM
    How about crow?
    Crow's bearable if its cooked right and you can laugh at yourself. I've eaten it several times

I'll serve it it up.
    12-10-09 12:06 PM
    bait and switch.. false advertising.. omg... it's called a typo!!!
    Yep. Everyone makes mistakes. Last week I was in Sears and saw a letter on the entrance- it appeared that the drill advertised for 29.99 was actually 39.99 and the sales flyer was in error. Sears was legally obligated to state that so it could be seen BEFORE anyone went inside to get the item.

That's all VZW has to do, but we all know they won't.
    12-10-09 01:12 PM
    How many people go to purchase a phone and the first words out of their mouth is "how much is the ETF?" or "I saw an add online for a new phone with a 150.00 ETF, can I have that one please?"
    12-10-09 01:19 PM
    Yep. Everyone makes mistakes. Last week I was in Sears and saw a letter on the entrance- it appeared that the drill advertised for 29.99 was actually 39.99 and the sales flyer was in error. Sears was legally obligated to state that so it could be seen BEFORE anyone went inside to get the item.

That's all VZW has to do, but we all know they won't.
    Before one buys a phone in the store the reps tell the customer the terms and conditions. You can't actually buy a phone in the store unless you sign that you agree to the T&C.

In my local supermarket mistakes are made in the flyers all the time. They do not post it at the entrance. There is a bulletin board inside where they have this information.

What would be bait and switch, is if they had a big sign saying the TP2 was on sale for $29.99 and when you went to buy it, they said sorry $200 with a $70 MIR. That's bait and switch.
    12-10-09 01:55 PM
    I wouldnt be suprised if they were somehow allowed to say that. Its not exactly false advertising, because for normal phones the ETF is indeed $175. I guess you could say that since those are all smartphones and smartphone ETFs are $350 now, that they are wrong. Just try this; go into a VZW store with this add if you have one of the phones showed there, and say you want to terminate your contract. if they try and charge you $350, then ask why the ad says $175. I wonder what they would say
    12-10-09 02:07 PM
    Before one buys a phone in the store the reps tell the customer the terms and conditions. You can't actually buy a phone in the store unless you sign that you agree to the T&C.

In my local supermarket mistakes are made in the flyers all the time. They do not post it at the entrance. There is a bulletin board inside where they have this information.

What would be bait and switch, is if they had a big sign saying the TP2 was on sale for $29.99 and when you went to buy it, they said sorry $200 with a $70 MIR. That's bait and switch.
    If someone purchases the phone anyway, it's no longer an issue. My point is simply how it could be used to get people in the door.

And the bulletin board is where? I'm pretty sure it would be between the door and the merchandise, in an area one would expect notices to be posted.

Actually, the true definition of Bait and Switch would be having the TP2 advertised at 29.99, having none on hand and offering a cheap LG phone as a reasonable substitute. But usually lawyers and judges interpret these sort of things, not posters on message boards. I'm sure it's safe to say that somewhere, someone would be able to pursue this further claiming it's a form of bait and switch tactics. As I said earlier, it would probably be tossed out of any court or proceedings as it's caused no loss or harm.

It's nice to see Sears (or any big business for that matter) correct their glaring mistakes. Makes you feel like your more than a walking dollar sign, even if you aren't. Was just saying that based on VZW's past and current business methodology, I'm sure they won't do that.

tl;dr version -
    VZW flucked up.
    It's just a mistake, not malicious.
    Too bad they will never admit it.
    12-10-09 02:39 PM
    If someone purchases the phone anyway, it's no longer an issue. My point is simply how it could be used to get people in the door.

And the bulletin board is where? I'm pretty sure it would be between the door and the merchandise, in an area one would expect notices to be posted.

Actually, the true definition of Bait and Switch would be having the TP2 advertised at 29.99, having none on hand and offering a cheap LG phone as a reasonable substitute. But usually lawyers and judges interpret these sort of things, not posters on message boards. I'm sure it's safe to say that somewhere, someone would be able to pursue this further claiming it's a form of bait and switch tactics. As I said earlier, it would probably be tossed out of any court or proceedings as it's caused no loss or harm.

It's nice to see Sears (or any big business for that matter) correct their glaring mistakes. Makes you feel like your more than a walking dollar sign, even if you aren't. Was just saying that based on VZW's past and current business methodology, I'm sure they won't do that.... snip
    While it is true lawyers and judges get to determine the legal ramifications of bait and switch, there is an expression...if is smells like a duck, walks like a duck...well you know the rest.
    12-10-09 03:29 PM
    tl;dr version -
    VZW flucked up.
    It's just a mistake, not malicious.
    Too bad they will never admit it.
    What do you want, a full page ad apologizing for the typo?
    12-10-09 03:52 PM
    While it is true lawyers and judges get to determine the legal ramifications of bait and switch, there is an expression...if is smells like a duck, walks like a duck...well you know the rest.
    If prepared wrong, it tastes like chicken?
    12-10-09 04:14 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD