I have to tell you - the new WM6.5 on a TP2 on VZW's network is simply amazing. Everything in the kitchen is included on this free upgrade.

Video, check.

Threaded messaging, check.

Music, check.

Full Internet, check.

Five Opera Mobile tabs, check.

Fully customizable widgets, check.

Facebook, Twitter integration, check.

Push email, check.

Active Google/Microsoft sync, check.

Long battery life, check.

Speedy response, check.

Rarely needs resets, check.

Reset without battery pull, check.

And you can have it NOW!

Interested?
    11-18-09 08:45 PM
    Does it have the Sense UI?
    11-18-09 08:50 PM
    I'll take a TP2. Let me know where to meet.
    11-18-09 08:54 PM
    Sounds like a drug deal going to go bad

I am good with what I have, but thank you fo the offer.

TP2 with 6.5 better or equal to the imagio?
    11-18-09 08:57 PM
    App selection...che.....errrrrrr, wait

so I take it you're a big TP2 fan?

I've been wondering what phones you actually do like

Windows mobile is dead
    Last edited by Hydrogenman; 11-18-09 at 09:44 PM.
    11-18-09 09:39 PM

Windows mobile is dead
    App's- Check
    There is Windows Market Place for Mobile 6.5......soon for 6.1.
    11-18-09 10:11 PM
    I'll take a TP2. Let me know where to meet.
    I never said I was selling - but if the CHECK is big enough...

TP2 with 6.5 better or equal to the imagio?
    Better. Compare specs, then add the keyboard.

A look in the Device section of my user panel can give you some idea.

Windows mobile is dead
    If it is dead, BlackBerry is deader - WM outpaced BlackBerry for Q3 & is on pace to do the same in Q4. And there are still more WM devices in use than BlackBerry.

This time next year, it will be mostly a three-way race between Linux, WM & Android - anyone notice how the three play so well together, while BlackBerry is so proprietary?

While some fansites are claiming the death of WM, the internal analysts & marketing departments are saying it is BlackBerry that is dead. I have seen the future - the ideas for future BlackBerry OS releases, as well as having a device or three running WM7 & Linux - I agree with the internal thinktanks. BlackBerry will be irrelevant in the near future.

But if you can't handle a real smartphone, there will be BlackBerry or iPhone for you.

App's- Check
    There is Windows Market Place for Mobile 6.5......soon for 6.1.
    It is already there. There are tons more apps than BlackBerry. Take the BS apps out of the Apple site & WM has more apps than iPhone, too.

And I almost forgot - get your TP2 @ Verizon or Sprint, then go Home and put your kitchen to good use. WM6.5.1 will fry your fancy.
    11-18-09 10:27 PM

If it doesn't have windows mobile Twins will find lots wrong with it. He spends lots of time trying to convince people in this forum of that
    11-18-09 10:28 PM
    If it doesn't have windows mobile Twins will find lots wrong with it. He spends lots of time trying to convince people in this forum of that
    Now that is a lie - I've said before that Linux is currently better.

But again, if you can't handle a real smartphone...
    11-18-09 10:32 PM
    A second thought - I've challenged many to tell me what you can do with a BlackBerry that you can't do with a WM or Linux phone - or even mostly Palm - no one has been able to tell me anything. Why? Because that "advantage" doesn't exist.

I can extend the challenge to Android.

I am not going tio run around here & lie to people. BlackBerry is horribly obsolete & Android is terribly immature. Android is fixable with time. BlackBerry is not - at least not without tossing out the BlackBerry model & "experience."

I see dozens of people here who six months ago swore they'd never buy anything but BlackBerry - who are now sporting Droids, Imagios & TP2s. The Omnia2, Passion & HD2 will further fuel the exodus.
    11-18-09 10:43 PM
    Now that is a lie - I've said before that Linux is currently better.

But again, if you can't handle a real smartphone...
    I was going to ask you about that. What are your impressions of the Nokia N900? That is one device that may actually tempt me to leave BB. Android doesn't seem to do it for me...none of VZWs offerings anyway.

The N900 though...that looks like a serious machine there (aside from the GSM component).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:21 AM
    Doesn't the screen bother you?
    11-19-09 12:29 AM
    I was going to ask you about that. What are your impressions of the Nokia N900? That is one device that may actually tempt me to leave BB. Android doesn't seem to do it for me...none of VZWs offerings anyway.

The N900 though...that looks like a serious machine there (aside from the GSM component).
    It is a serious piece of equipment, but not without some niggling flaws.

Build quality is typical Nokia - first rate. The OS is outstanding - that says something, as I am not a Linux desktop fan. It is a little large & heavy, for the screen real estate, though. It makes the TP2 feel compact.

For a first edition, it does shine, but the N900 itself seems like a Symbian device with a Linux ROM installed. The next model promises to be even better. That should be coming about the same time as Samsung's first Linux phone.

11-19-09 12:33 AM
    I'm starting to wonder if you are paid to promote the TP2.

11-19-09 07:06 AM

And the 24 Hour sales....
    11-19-09 07:09 AM
    A second thought - I've challenged many to tell me what you can do with a BlackBerry that you can't do with a WM or Linux phone - or even mostly Palm - no one has been able to tell me anything. Why? Because that "advantage" doesn't exist.

I can extend the challenge to Android.

I am not going tio run around here & lie to people. BlackBerry is horribly obsolete & Android is terribly immature. Android is fixable with time. BlackBerry is not - at least not without tossing out the BlackBerry model & "experience."

I see dozens of people here who six months ago swore they'd never buy anything but BlackBerry - who are now sporting Droids, Imagios & TP2s. The Omnia2, Passion & HD2 will further fuel the exodus.

+1, Jumped to the Imagio, then i ran to the Droid...
    11-19-09 07:20 AM
    It is a serious piece of equipment, but not without some niggling flaws.

Build quality is typical Nokia - first rate. The OS is outstanding - that says something, as I am not a Linux desktop fan. It is a little large & heavy, for the screen real estate, though. It makes the TP2 feel compact.

For a first edition, it does shine, but the N900 itself seems like a Symbian device with a Linux ROM installed. The next model promises to be even better. That should be coming about the same time as Samsung's first Linux phone.

So, do you think Nokia was originally going to roll out this device with Symbian first (initial design plan)?

Also, would you describe to me how "push email" works on a non-Blackberry, in a "BIS" type environment? Everything I look at seems to indicate it's really a "pull" (pulled/initiated the by device, versus pushed/initiated by a service), unless there are services in place now that follow the same process flow as BIS.

Messing with the WM devices (like Imagio, etc), I like TouchFLO, but have never liked the WM environment beneath it. Just like I never fully liked XP, wish I could have stuck with Win98 until Win7 came along (Win7 rocks btw)...where's WM7??

....just the morning musings...
    11-19-09 09:13 AM
    Is or was there any update for the tp1? And or do you know its current os on sprint?

11-19-09 09:21 AM

In Twins defense that is definitely not true.........
    He is pretty much one of the most if not the most
    knowledgeable posters on this site......
    He prefers Win Mo, but he can give u a pretty
    darn good analysis of smartphone operating systems.
    As for myself I am liking the android OS.

Which is as I understand it Linux based.
    Will I stand corrected?
    11-19-09 09:34 AM
    That should be coming about the same time as Samsung's first Linux phone.
    Ummmmm ok Twin you've done it now. Opening up another Pandora's box.
    Care to expound? Model name hummmmm?
    Gosh Twin u always do this......
    11-19-09 09:40 AM
    In Twins defense that is definitely not true.........
    He is pretty much one of the most if not the most
    knowledgeable posters on this site......
    He prefers Win Mo, but he can give u a pretty
    darn good analysis of smartphone operating systems.
    As for myself I am liking the android OS.

Which is as I understand it Linux based.
    Will I stand corrected?
    I'm not the only one that thinks that... I really don't care that he likes winmo I just think its funny that he spends so much time on a blackberry fansite knocking bb and lifting up winmo and others. Usually you would frequent a forum that is specific with the platform you like. Am I wrong?

11-19-09 11:10 AM
    I'm not the only one that thinks that... I really don't care that he likes winmo I just think its funny that he spends so much time on a blackberry fansite knocking bb and lifting up winmo and others. Usually you would frequent a forum that is specific with the platform you like. Am I wrong?

Ya have to admit though especially for the Storm BB needs to revamp
    their OS......
    Especially the Storm.
    11-19-09 11:14 AM

Its not so much his opinion as it is a fact that bb's are becoming outdated and falling behind in terms of speed/hardware/'OS and so on. For me I love the push email and am comfy with a bb. Twinz just supports the superior technology lol
    11-19-09 11:43 AM
    And the 24 Hour sales....
    I often wonder how much VZW overpays some people & how little one has to know to work for them.

Yes you are - my posting here represents less than 5% of my online work. Less than 20:1.

You know, when the fans cannot attack the message or the facts, they turn on the messenger. It would be better if the fans simply improved their intelligence, logic & sense - because if they can't argue the facts or the messenger I the first place, they are liable to be swallowed whole.

Why are VZW reps here? There is no VZW sanction of this site & several people come with valid reasons to stay away from VZW.

The argument of "why is he anti-BlackBerry" is an ignorant one. If you can't win the battle, don't pick fights.

Gawain - will get to your questions in a bit.
    11-19-09 11:53 AM
    Here's a lil tidbit I read today on Windows Mobile.
    How Microsoft blew it with Windows Mobile - CNN.com
    11-19-09 12:01 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD