About a month ago Costco was selling the Z10 outright for $229.99. I could have gotten it for “free” by paying the tax and signing a new 2 year contract and losing my unlimited data. I paid the $229.99 and kept my data plan. I really like this device. Among the many apps I’ve loaded is My Verizon Mobile. When you open the app there is a link to “Workshops & Appointments.” When you open this you can pick a location and eventually find workshops for BB10 at a store near you. Or can you??? When you sign up you get a text and email confirming the workshop. So far, so good. It is when you show up for the workshop that everything falls apart. I signed up for a beginning class at one store and then an intermediate class at another store. There wasn’t anybody in the store that knew anything about BB10, but me!!! An no one knew about my appointment(s).
    With Verizon scheduled to be selling the Z30 it is doomed to failure! VERIZON. IF YOU’RE GOING TO TAKE ON THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SELLING BB10 DEVICES, PLEASE, HAVE SOMEONE IN YOUR STORE(S) THAT KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Well…at least they had the devices on display…
    Costco is no longer in the Blackberry business after their supply is gone.
    Last edited by i_hiker; 10-14-13 at 01:20 PM.
    10-14-13 11:47 AM
    After my recent bout with Verizon, I can't wait for T-Mobile coverage to improve in my area! VZW may have the largest 4G Network, but they also have the largest group of idiots running their customer service dept!! They don't care about their customers what-so-ever.
    10-14-13 11:58 AM
    After my recent bout with Verizon, I can't wait for T-Mobile coverage to improve in my area! VZW may have the largest 4G Network, but they also have the largest group of idiots running their customer service dept!! They don't care about their customers what-so-ever.
    I travel quite a bit and, with rare exceptions, get superior signal on the US VZW network. As for VZW customer service, over the years I have almost always been fully satisfied when having to call customer support. I haven't had to do that lately so maybe things have changed. When I picked up the Z10 it came with 2 weeks of free BBRY tech support. I called twice and they were awesome! My dissatisfaction with VZW is on the retail level when a Blackberry device is involved. It wasn't always that way. In the VZW stores I have been in, NOBODY is using a Blackberry. They don't know how it works! If VZW is going to sell BB10 devices they need to implement a program where someone in the store knows the product. Also, BBRY needs to have better advertising and provide support for a program that brings carriers like VZW up to speed on the product, and does more than just putting the product on display.
    10-15-13 07:20 AM
    The sales team is going to sell the latest and greatest, as blackberry improves sales will increase!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 05:47 AM
    I talked to a Verizon sales guy the other night, told him I had a blackberry, his reply, "when are you going to get a smartphone". Showed him my Z10 and he acted surprised that BlackBerry had a full touch screen device. He continued to insist that BlackBerry was dead and that I should get an android or iPhone. I walked away disgusted.

Posted via CB10
    RAFA1 likes this.
    02-01-14 02:31 PM
    I live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area of Texas...and Verizon is my wireless provider. Just recently I decided I wanted to buy a BB Z10 - and I visited 2 of my local Verizon stores to pick one up. Well, both stores said they no longer carry BB phones in stock - and that I would have to order a Z10 online if I really wanted to purchase one. In both cases they asked me why I would want a BB...when they had iPhones and Android devices in stock - which were much, much better mobile devices. I said thanks, but no thanks in both cases. Afterwards I spent about a week trying to find a Z10 locally, so I wouldn't have to order it online. Luckily - I found a new Z10 in a Verizon store in a city that was located quite some distance from where I live. I told them to save it for me, and the salesman told me..."Don't worry, no would want to buy a BB Z10 anyway." I ended up buying the new Z10, and again - they asked me why I would want a BB. Much like...how many times have you been dropped on your head recently? They got my new Z10 setup, but were not very supportive throughout the exercise.
    I actually love my new BB Z10 - as it the best smartphone I've owned in the last 5 years. Everyone who sees it is amazed that it is a BB product. I don't know what Verizon's problems is - but they need to get their head out of their backside and start to market the BB as the awesome smartphone that it is. It's no wonder that BB's sales numbers are down, when companies like Verizon are making an obvious choice to not feature BB products in their sales outlet stores. A really dumb business decision on their part.
    NJanitz likes this.
    02-02-14 08:20 AM
    Wow these are very disturbing post to read and Verizon is the only carrier selling the Z30. I only signed a contract with them because they were exclusive to carry the Z30, the plans cost more than others but I wanted the phone. This angers me and if any other carrier in my area should decide to carry the Z30 I may consider buying out of my contract. Actually a bit off subject but I recently upgraded my Z10 to a Q10 which is with at&t and not sure if the rep was being nice on the phone but she actually praised my purchase and said that more people should give blackberry a try. This rep also stated that she had a Q10 herself and really liked it. I was really shocked to hear someone say something good about blackberry.

Posted Via CB10 Using my great Z30 Or Z10
    NJanitz likes this.
    02-02-14 08:22 PM
    It's not Verizon's fault in any way, shape or form. And Verizon as far as I know is only one carrier in the US. Not sure how far their reach is outside of the US, but there are plenty of markets that saw poor sales and have seen carriers pulling back from featuring or offering BlackBerry devices.

BlackBerry built the hardware.
    BlackBerry built the OS.
    BlackBerry owner the App World as it is called.
    BlackBerry was responsible for the marketing.
    BlackBerry set the retail pricing.
    BlackBerry was responsible for working with Carriers to promote and educate staff

Please give credit where the credit is due.
    02-03-14 02:16 PM
    It's not Verizon's fault in any way, shape or form. And Verizon as far as I know is only one carrier in the US. Not sure how far their reach is outside of the US, but there are plenty of markets that saw poor sales and have seen carriers pulling back from featuring or offering BlackBerry devices.

BlackBerry built the OS.
    BlackBerry was responsible for the marketing.
    BlackBerry was responsible for working with Carriers to promote and educate staff

Please give credit where the credit is due.
    Ok, let's see:

Excellent

BlackBerry built the OS.
    Excellent

95+% of everything I wanted (only missing 1or 2 out of 100 is still 98+%), so good

BlackBerry was responsible for the marketing
    Lackluster, so, yes,fail
    Comparable, less than some, more than others, so, good

And now the big one:

Carriers have a huge turnover of salespeople, it is the carriers responsibility to keep personnel trained and to know, and to promote the products that they sell.
    One month prior to the release of the Z10, I was in my local Verizon store....every member was aware of, and had had some training on the device...4 months after the release there was no one on the floor who had been there at the time of the trainings and the subsequent release. None had ever handled one and more astounding, the salesperson assisting us did not even know that they had them for sale, and more shocking, was not aware that they had units on display.
    This, in no way can be construed as Blackberries fault.
    Also, upon asking, none were aware of any units having been returned, so the thought that they did not want to sell something that was likely to be returned, (as I have read many times), is faulty.
    This lack of training and subsequent failure to know their products remains solely in Verizon realm.

So I say yes, give credit where credit is due:
    Excellent product - BlackBerry
    Poor sales force - Verizon

Posted via CB10
    bigjman, i_hiker and NJanitz like this.
    02-03-14 05:53 PM
    About a month ago Costco was selling the Z10 outright for $229.99. I could have gotten it for �free� by paying the tax and signing a new 2 year contract and losing my unlimited data. I paid the $229.99 and kept my data plan. I really like this device. Among the many apps I�ve loaded is My Verizon Mobile. When you open the app there is a link to �Workshops & Appointments.� When you open this you can pick a location and eventually find workshops for BB10 at a store near you. Or can you??? When you sign up you get a text and email confirming the workshop. So far, so good. It is when you show up for the workshop that everything falls apart. I signed up for a beginning class at one store and then an intermediate class at another store. There wasn�t anybody in the store that knew anything about BB10, but me!!! An no one knew about my appointment(s).
    With Verizon scheduled to be selling the Z30 it is doomed to failure! VERIZON. IF YOU�RE GOING TO TAKE ON THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SELLING BB10 DEVICES, PLEASE, HAVE SOMEONE IN YOUR STORE(S) THAT KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Well�at least they had the devices on display�
    Costco is no longer in the Blackberry business after their supply is gone.
    Lol let's hope the Costco sales person doesn't get fired. They're not allowed to sell off contract.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:51 PM
    I talked to a Verizon sales guy the other night, told him I had a blackberry, his reply, "when are you going to get a smartphone". Showed him my Z10 and he acted surprised that BlackBerry had a full touch screen device. He continued to insist that BlackBerry was dead and that I should get an android or iPhone. I walked away disgusted.

Posted via CB10
    Same here,when i was looking for my z30, at a Verizon store,the store manager told me that blackberries are dinosaurs lol,that got me really mad so I showed him my z10, he said he never tried them before,he was trying to sell me an iPhone first,so I told them I don't like icrap, and he was like,"well sir on iPhone you can do anything especially games and social networks" I started laughing and I told them I need an smartphone for professional porpouses, I showed him what I can do with a bb10, guys the man was impressed, he was like, "well sir I'm going to have to learn more about this platform" I'm glad at least he recognized bb10 is not a toy!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 02:03 AM
    Someone said earlier that this is BlackBerry's fault and not Verizon's. BlackBerry is part of the problem to the extent that their advertising has failed. But, Verizon, and any other carrier, owes it to the consumer to educate their sales force on all of the equipment that is out there, not just the most popular. This is where Verizon in particular has failed. I'm not sure about other carriers as I have been with Verizon for quite a few years, but it would seem that they fail in the same regard.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:02 PM
    Lol let's hope the Costco sales person doesn't get fired. They're not allowed to sell off contract.

Posted via CB10
    Frankly, I hope he DOES get fired. The guy is nothing but a purveyor of misinformation, especially when it comes to BBRY. They sold the phone off contract because they wanted to get rid of it and I purchased the 2 year warranty for $100.
    02-08-14 07:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've been asked that question more than once. My response is, "When are you going to get a brain?"
    02-08-14 07:42 AM