i was in VZW a few days ago switching my phone because my trackball is impossible to scroll sideways with (she said mine was the worst shes seen) and the new one is GREAT. no problems. But while in the store, the rep commented on how much she loves CB but hates it at the same time. I asked why, and her answer was basically this:

She refers people to here all the time, because its a great resource for answers and she said 99% of people find the answer they need. But she said she dispises this site at the same time because it brings an influx of people wanting to either a. exchange their phones for B.S, nitpicky reasons, or b. exchange their phone because they f****d it up and they try to make up some story about what happened. She said that almost every time she gets someone in the store like this, they quote CB.com at some point. Now, i know every store is different, but she commented on the fact that people doing this are the reason that they are more picky when it comes to exchanging phones (in their store anyway).

I just felt the need to post this, as i was doing my daily skimming of the forums and i see FAR to many posts with people trying to exchange their phones for the most ******** reasons, or, which irks me the most, is when people go taking their phone apart to pimp it out, **** it up, cry, and then try and make up some BS story to tell verizon to get another phone.

Yes, some people have good reasons to ask for another phone (like the trackball). But c'mon people, some of you need to grow the **** up. I work in law enforcement, so maybe i have a jaded view of inconsiderate people and lairs (i spend my whole damn life dealing with them), but cmon people, its just a phone....there are far worse things in life.
    08-01-09 01:14 PM
    This man speaks the truth.

Thank you, good sir, for the quality of this post. Honestly, this is the best post I've seen on here this week.

People have no concern how much this drives up costs for everybody. The millions upon millions of phones that are replaced every year, it's truly mindboggling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 01:19 PM
    I hope you write your incident reports better than you write on forums.

But I agree with the post, 100%!
    08-01-09 01:19 PM
    Yep, CB is both a blessing and a curse.

Kind of like how the internet has made everyone a hypochondriac who self diagnoses everything before going to the doctor. Doctors must hate all those WebMD like sites.
    08-01-09 01:28 PM
    yeah i have a minor screen ripple but I think i am going to live with it and see what happens as time goes on.
    08-01-09 01:30 PM

LOL.

yes.
    08-01-09 01:36 PM

Kind of like how the internet has made everyone a hypochondriac who self diagnoses everything before going to the doctor. Doctors must hate all those WebMD like sites.
    Exactly. And this is NOT a good thing. There is a reason you have to go to med school for many many years.... If WebMD could do it, we wouldnt have to worry about healthcare...
    08-01-09 01:48 PM
    yeah i have a minor screen ripple but I think i am going to live with it and see what happens as time goes on.
    did you try tightening the torx in the back? that seems to have helped alot of people. there are a few threads on it
    08-01-09 01:48 PM
    Like anything, information is a tool, and can be abused as such. A tool may be a scalpel, to surgically repair something, or a sledgehammer used to do useful work.

Either, in the wrong hands, can be dangerous.

08-01-09 01:59 PM
    it seems to be a "forum" thing more than anything else. a large majority of people go to forums seeking help for a problem, not to say "hey, "X" is awesome! it works perfectly!". so, people end up seeing pages after pages of problems, and start to become WAY to critical.
    08-01-09 01:59 PM
    a large majority of people go to forums seeking help for a problem, not to say "hey, "X" is awesome!
    But I am rather awesome.

(People sometimes refer to me as X... among other things)
    08-01-09 02:03 PM
    But c'mon people, some of you need to grow the **** up. I work in law enforcement, so maybe i have a jaded view of inconsiderate people and lairs (i spend my whole damn life dealing with them), but cmon people, its just a phone....there are far worse things in life.
    @ OP - Excellent post. Agree 100%. And I think you're right - in our line of business we probably have a slightly jaded view of the public at large (hard to help with all the idiots out there, though, right?)...

@ "X" - My wife is a nurse in the Emergency Room... She HATES WebMD with a passion. Says there are people that come in all the time who think they're dying from things like splinters. Seriously, she had a SPLINTER come in a few weeks ago. Unless you have an entire park bench lodged in your abdomen, you really ought to be able to handle that at home, don'tcha think?
    08-01-09 02:12 PM

ROFL @ this.
    08-01-09 02:19 PM
    I can definitely see why'd they have a love hate relationship with this forum---if they didn't before, now after BBM 5.0, they surely do.

There's a few little problems I've got with the Tour and considered trying to exchange after reading some people here did--but then thought I'd just be a grown up about it and roll with the punches.
    08-01-09 02:26 PM
    I have a screen ripple but you cant see it when the phone is lit up, my battery door is a little wiggly, im not sure about the trackball since ive never owned a BB before but it seems fine, its only like hung up occasionaly, im happy with it so im not going to have it switched, **** i forget about all these things until i get back on her and see all the people ******** haha
    08-01-09 02:33 PM
    I have a screen ripple but you cant see it when the phone is lit up, my battery door is a little wiggly, im not sure about the trackball since ive never owned a BB before but it seems fine, its only like hung up occasionaly, im happy with it so im not going to have it switched, **** i forget about all these things until i get back on her and see all the people ******** haha

i guarantee you that 90% of the people who are having problems wouldn't have noticed them in the first place if they had never logged on to CB.com.....
    08-01-09 02:50 PM
    Right on! CRACKBERRY.COM Bringing power to the people!
    08-01-09 02:52 PM
    hard to help with all the idiots out there
    you hit the nail on the head

i'll admit, there are alot of smart people. but i never see them. they are all doing the right thing....
    08-01-09 02:54 PM
    i guarantee you that 90% of the people who are having problems wouldn't have noticed them in the first place if they had never logged on to CB.com.....
    True. I would've never noticed the screen ripple if I never came on here. Even then it doesn't bug me that much. But then again mine is very small and unnoticeable.
    08-01-09 03:02 PM
    I always call people out when they try to take advantage of the system and replace phone after phone after phone. My battery cover was loose so guess what? I fixed it with electrical tape.

These types of people are why bb's cost so much in the first place, ever think about that?

08-01-09 03:24 PM
    take advantage of the system and replace phone after phone after phone
    i asked the verizon rep i was talking to about this, and she said one of the first things she checks now is how many times someone has replaced their phone and why. she said 99% of the time she can look at just that info and tell if some is bs'ing them or not. she said this never used to be a problem, but ever since the storm, people are going nuts.
    08-01-09 03:32 PM
    I agree with the OP 100%

I see A LOT of people on here complaining of such nonsence all the time and making it seem like its the end of the world. If CB never existed verizon would have a lot less of a return rate for new phones as people wouldnt know what to nick-pick since they wouldnt be able to find them without reading on here.

I'm glad CB is around though becuase they have helped me out a lot over the last couple years, but its insane what people complain about though
    08-01-09 03:34 PM
    so does this mean I shouldn't ask for an exchange because I get fingerprints on my phone? I read a few threads that this may be an issue with the hardware and I am a little paranoid I may have this issue as well.
    08-01-09 03:38 PM
    so does this mean I shouldn't ask for an exchange because I get fingerprints on my phone? I read a few threads that this may be an issue with the hardware and I am a little paranoid I may have this issue as well.
    You got the fingerprints issue as well?? I did a search for finger prints on the fourm and a few threads showed up! I'm going into verizon and asking for a replacement that doesnt have finger prints!
    08-01-09 03:42 PM
    Mine looked a little dirty today, so I just took it back and got a new one. Nice and clean now!
    08-01-09 03:43 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD