My account is paid by my company. My company allows personal use of the account. My company's policy is no personal devices on the BES. This always leaves me with a mediocre free device. I would gladly pay for a newer device. I can add a personal device to the BES and I currently have a personal device on the BES. I have spoken with several people at my company who have confirmed that my company has no idea which devices are personal or company owned as they trust Verizon to ask everytime an ESN swap is done. How would I go about finding someone to do an ESN swap for me? I don't want to get anyone into trouble, but I see it as a low risk. How does Verizon even view that type of thing? Do they take it seriously? I would make it worth their while. I use my bb as much as anyone else, being limited to an older device is painful. Your thoughts?
    02-20-10 10:27 PM
    I don't understand what you're asking. You have a personal account that your company pays for or you have a phone on a corporate account that you also use personally? It's confusing when you say company policy is no personal devices on the BES but you currently have a personal device on the BES, clarify please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 07:45 AM
    Its a corporate account that my company pays for and I do not.

I'm not supposed to have a personal device on the account but I do. As to say It's possible to do and not cause any problems. I was able to slip that one in because the device is older. If I buy a new device and call Verizon and ask for an ESN swap, Its as if they say,
    "Hmm. he is trying to get a new device on his number, and I know this corporate account only uses older crappy phones... Let me email someone in corporate to check and see if this is one of their phones or of this guy is trying to sneak a personal device on his corporate account."

Then of course the person in corporate says, "No this isn't one of our phones" and they switch me back to my old one.

What I need is for someone at Verizon at just do an ESn swap and not email anyone at corporate (like they did with the phone I'm using now)

It's a just fristrating being an avid bb user and bein glimited to such a bad phone when something so simple would allow me to use a much nicer phone.

I don't understand what you're asking. You have a personal account that your company pays for or you have a phone on a corporate account that you also use personally? It's confusing when you say company policy is no personal devices on the BES but you currently have a personal device on the BES, clarify please.
    02-21-10 05:19 PM
    If you are authorized on the account and can verify it - the ESN change will happen. If not, please do not ask a VZW rep to put their job on the line cause you want a new phone.
    02-21-10 05:42 PM
    Yep.

Get your own device on your own plan and you won't have to worry about this issue.
    02-21-10 07:19 PM
    There are a lot of corporate accounts that have limited account user access. ESN changes are one of them. If they do not allow you to, then there will not be a rep that will do this for you. It's an agreement with the company.
    02-21-10 07:22 PM
    Why would you risk your job to use a nicer phone? Their account, their policies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 03:23 PM
    amen, why risk it.....
    02-22-10 04:30 PM
    Use the phone they authorize or pay your own account.
    They do this so they can minimize support.
    If they have a limited number of devices they can roll out OS, apps, etc.
    02-22-10 05:01 PM
    Closing, I don't see this going anywhere good. No verizon employee that happens to be a CB member is going to help you dupe your company! Besides the risk to YOUR job, they would be risking their job. I'm sure their bosses from on this type of stuff.
    02-22-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD