lol ya know, I gotta throw my 0.02� in the pile and say.....there are some people, that just don't get it....you can SHOW them that a wifi connection doesn't mean it's faster, on the exact same device, and they just won't get it...."oh but it has wifi, that must be better!" simply put, if you're going to have to pay for the data package regardless of whether the phone has wifi or not, and it's the same package, who gives a blue rat's bits whether the phone has a wifi connection that serves primarily to drain the battery when your cellular connection is at broadband speeds.
    11-06-08 12:13 AM
    lol ya know, I gotta throw my 0.02� in the pile and say.....there are some people, that just don't get it....you can SHOW them that a wifi connection doesn't mean it's faster, on the exact same device, and they just won't get it...."oh but it has wifi, that must be better!" simply put, if you're going to have to pay for the data package regardless of whether the phone has wifi or not, and it's the same package, who gives a blue rat's bits whether the phone has a wifi connection that serves primarily to drain the battery when your cellular connection is at broadband speeds.
    I need wi-fis to download my pr0n while I'm in my basement for 10 minutes out of the day
    11-06-08 12:45 AM
    you must not have CDMA, with its building penetration it should make it to the basement fine, and you can think of its penetration whilst searching the net for it
    11-06-08 06:46 PM
    you must not have CDMA, with its building penetration it should make it to the basement fine, and you can think of its penetration whilst searching the net for it
    Haha, awesome. I was being sarcastic. I have no need for wi-fi, the town I live in only has a handful of hotspots, and everywhere I go ( buildings/work/restuarants/houses/driving/wherever ), I always have a great signal, and fast downloading.
    11-07-08 10:31 AM
    why does verizon choose to eliminate wifi from blackberry phones if a date plan is "required" anyway??
    11-07-08 11:33 AM
    If you have a data plan you don't need Wi-Fi...
    11-07-08 11:54 AM
    why does verizon choose to eliminate wifi from blackberry phones if a date plan is "required" anyway??
    You answered your own question. Verizon doesn't benefit from Blackberrys having wi-fi or not, since a data plan is required.... As of now, there are no CDMA Blackberrys. Not just Verizon, there isn't one from Sprint, nor Alltel, nor US Cellular, .... How is it Verizon is the one that gets blamed? You will be happy to know rumors of a Blackberry called Niagra coming out early next year, that has wi-fi capabilities...
    11-07-08 12:34 PM
    im no real fan of wi-fi...i would buy a phone based on that becasue its not everywhere. i have the curve now and havent had any problems with the verizon service. the only phone that made a difference with wi fi was tmobile phone called the wing.... when i had that phone i got connection anywhere and i didnt have any service plan
    11-08-08 08:58 AM
    what if u dont have coverage? Shouldn't wifi be an option in those rare occasions? especially considering that its "supposed to have it!" They cant lose money considering that a BB plan is required so whats the deal with verizon not having wifi???

I'm guessing if they did it for BB, they would have to do it for PDAs and those are phones u can buy without data plans and thats where they will lose! But thats just my guess. In the end however, Verizon is always engaged in unfair tactics to make an extra buck! I wont knock their service and what elements of it is very well done (customer service/ network). But as far as tactics go, I give verizon a huge D-
    11-09-08 11:15 PM
    i just did a mobile speed test with my vzw curve. it says i can dowload form the mobilespeedtest.com servers at 44.52mb/sec i dont know if thats a trick or what but thats what it says. lol
    11-10-08 01:00 AM
    what if u dont have coverage? Shouldn't wifi be an option in those rare occasions? especially considering that its "supposed to have it!" They cant lose money considering that a BB plan is required so whats the deal with verizon not having wifi???

I'm guessing if they did it for BB, they would have to do it for PDAs and those are phones u can buy without data plans and thats where they will lose! But thats just my guess. In the end however, Verizon is always engaged in unfair tactics to make an extra buck! I wont knock their service and what elements of it is very well done (customer service/ network). But as far as tactics go, I give verizon a huge D-
    HEY! LOOK OVER HERE! Ok, now, pay attention.

Verizon isn't the only company that has CDMA devices and NONE of them have WiFi blackberries.....it's because RIM doesn't make them, not because Verizon has it removed.

stop talking crap on verizon for something that isn't up to them.

Next, according to customer service and sales reps at both physical stores, as well as callcenters, ALL cell companies require data packages for the BB as part of the contract pricing. Most of them require it regardless of contract when you put a BB on the line, (AT&T and T-Mobile have a hard time enforcing it since they don't know when serial number changes are done, only SIM number changes).

Finally.....all other "smart devices" are the same as BB's, data package required, though, they get the luxury of "if you pay full retail you don't have to have the data package but we'll still tell you that if your bill becomes a nightmare because you don't have it, that we told you so".
    11-10-08 09:36 AM
    amen !!!!!!
    11-10-08 12:32 PM
    never understood why you would do that .. blackberry with no email service.... then why get the blackberry . i understand about the calender and thigns like that but its like .... i would buy the 60,000 mercedez and get the basic package in the car.... im getting everything it offers or close to everything . i should have just gotton a honda civic if i wanted something basic. i used to say people just buy for the name... not what it does. they want the blackberry so they can be like yup, i got the never berry ... have no idea how to use it or what comes with it ...all they know is that in that holster all you can see is blackberry so that has to make you a cool mofo
    11-10-08 12:36 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD