So from what I hear VZW will be launching a Mac Notebook to add to the netbook lineup that they have. Does this mean we could possibly see some sort of apple itoy on a CDMA network. My thoughts are doubtful for CDMA but possibly for LTE. In any event I still wouldn't leave my storm or BB for that matter. Just thought I would share that.
    11-19-09 02:51 PM
    Were did you hear this? and will this notebook have a Imbedded aircard then?
    11-19-09 03:05 PM
    eww netbook...
    11-19-09 03:14 PM
    I have my sources no date for release or even specs on the notebook however I would assume that it will have an embedded card all of their netbooks do....

Netbooks are dope especially the 311 that they offer. I just got it on monday myself runs really smooth. Win7 2GB of Ram and 160GB harddrive can't complain. If anything I wish that they were using something other then the atom processor cuz that is junk IMO...
    11-19-09 04:39 PM
    Well right now apple has stated that they wont sell or get into the price range of other pc makers 999$ is there lowest priced computer, if they are making a new netbook that will be one spendy netbook !!!
    11-19-09 04:47 PM
    Well right now apple has stated that they wont sell or get into the price range of other pc makers 999$ is there lowest priced computer, if they are making a new netbook that will be one spendy netbook !!!
    Since it will be tied to service, I'm sure it will be highly subsidized.
    11-19-09 05:06 PM
    I have to agree with eric I highly doubt vzw would even consider making a deal with apple if the price wasn't right for their customers. I can see it being their most expensive netbook tho. Prob. like 299 with a 2yr or something who knows only time will tell..
    11-19-09 07:40 PM
    I have to agree with eric I highly doubt vzw would even consider making a deal with apple if the price wasn't right for their customers. I can see it being their most expensive netbook tho. Prob. like 299 with a 2yr or something who knows only time will tell..
    They were lining up outside AT&T to spend $500 on contract for the iPhone. I'm curious to see what rumors may spin about what kind of device could be involved.

Anyone remember the rumors about a 7-inch tablet supposedly being worked on?
    11-19-09 08:40 PM
    As much as I'd love to see an Apple netbook on VZW's network, i'm skeptical about it happening. Why? for the reasons listed below:

AppleInsider | Economy, opportunity seen leading to $599 Apple netbook (See date in byline.)

New Gear from Apple and Verizon Wireless? - BusinessWeek (shiny and nice on the surface, but pay attention to the date in the byline and the dates cited in the video clip.)

NVIDIA CEO shows off mystery tablet, makes zero statements about mystery tablet -- Engadget
    11-19-09 09:19 PM
    Slightly off topic..but I always thought that is Verizon made a phone that looked exactly like the iPhone..that would really hurt AT&t!
    11-20-09 01:59 PM
    Slightly off topic..but I always thought that is Verizon made a phone that looked exactly like the iPhone..that would really hurt AT&t!
    What.......
    11-20-09 02:30 PM
    You have computers confused with netbooks - a netbook is a mobile device & not for serious computing.

So while what you have mentioned is correct, it does not apply to netbooks or iPhones or anything.

As far as contract speculation, there is none - nada - zilch. Well, VZW has a contract out on AT&T (There's a map for that) & Apple has a contract out on RIM (There's an app for that) and AT&T has a contract out on VZW (the letter V - how original) - but there is no contract between VZW & Apple that hasn't already been discussed ad-nauseum. There have been several Apple devices in cooperative testing with VZW for about six months now. Some may be netbooks, some may be iPhones, some may be iPod Voice. Hard to tell, but again - no contracts between the two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 04:03 PM
    It would be nice if there were an iPhone device on VZW, but I just don't see it happening.
    11-20-09 09:18 PM
    You sure your sources werent spreading the rumor of the Apple Tablet running off of Verizons 3g network? I've heard that a few times.
    11-23-09 05:57 PM
    You sure your sources werent spreading the rumor of the Apple Tablet running off of Verizons 3g network? I've heard that a few times.
    I'm Positive... We will all see a Mac Netbook Sometime during Q1 of next year.
    11-25-09 05:13 PM
    We do NOT have a contact with APPLE. We will not be selling the Iphone until out Techs can service the phone and it has the features we want it to have like removable memory and battery. As for the netbook that is all specualtion and has yet to be confirmed with our Corporate HQ
    11-25-09 05:38 PM
    Interesting... This could be the start of things w/ Vzw and lay down the brickwork to a Vzw iPhone during the summer of 2010. Just pure speculation of course.
    11-25-09 05:40 PM
    We do NOT have a contact with APPLE. We will not be selling the Iphone until out Techs can service the phone and it has the features we want it to have like removable memory and battery. As for the netbook that is all specualtion and has yet to be confirmed with our Corporate HQ
    wow, your keyboard must be on fire right now. Sorry if anyone offended you at Vzw.
    11-25-09 05:42 PM
    Nope not on fire ... Clearing up rumors that drive calls into my center and cost our company so much money Just doing my job for a comany I love to work for
    11-25-09 06:04 PM
    Nope not on fire ... Clearing up rumors that drive calls into my center and cost our company so much money Just doing my job for a comany I love to work for
    Yeah, right? Are you kidding us? B/c Vzw is on the brink of slipping into the "red" right?

How much did you take in last fiscal year? Oh, only a few BILLION!
    11-25-09 06:11 PM
    LMFAO... Your call center huh? How much does that cost you a month to keep running... lol... I use to work for vzw I know how it goes but let me be the first to assure you that although it is "a rumor" it has been confirmed but multiple people higher up then you at vzw my friend. I may not work there anymore but I still have lots of friends in high places. Just make sure that you Bridge on each and every call and you will be fine...

EDIT: Oh don't forget to summarize at the end either or you wont get FCR!!!!
    11-25-09 07:27 PM
    Yeah, right? Are you kidding us? B/c Vzw is on the brink of slipping into the "red" right?

How much did you take in last fiscal year? Oh, only a few BILLION!
    Well, considering that profit goes directly into network improvements and employee Q1 bonuses...

Few Billion may seem like a lot, but split among a heckuvalotta employees....

Just sayin'.
    11-25-09 07:36 PM
    Well, considering that profit goes directly into network improvements and employee Q1 bonuses...

Few Billion may seem like a lot, but split among a heckuvalotta employees....

Just sayin'.
    Actually, it doesn't. If you look at the annual reports & such, you will see VZW is doing no more on the network front than any other carrier. The dividends, buyouts, conversions & employee overhead are where the profits are going.

It used to be VZW spent a lot on network - not anymore. But to be fair, the big costs are in expansion. Maintenance is easy. LTE is easy. Building a new tower & bringing in the backhaul is expensive. T-Mobile built more towers in 2009 than did VZW.
    11-26-09 02:53 AM
    To be honest, as others have noted in the past, a call center rep isn't going to have information about stuff like this too much longer than anyone else...

Verizon and Apple might very well have a contract, you just don't know about it....
    11-26-09 03:07 AM
    Actually, it doesn't. If you look at the annual reports & such, you will see VZW is doing no more on the network front than any other carrier. The dividends, buyouts, conversions & employee overhead are where the profits are going.

It used to be VZW spent a lot on network - not anymore. But to be fair, the big costs are in expansion. Maintenance is easy. LTE is easy. Building a new tower & bringing in the backhaul is expensive. T-Mobile built more towers in 2009 than did VZW.
    How much did vzw spend on the network last year opposed to t-mobile? How many towers did VZW build vs t-mobile. How much is it going to cost to outfit each cell site with LTE equipment? And where is your proof? Because company leaders say otherwise and id rather trust them than someone sitting behind a keyboard typing up nonesense. Oh and don't tell me to look it up or brag about your fiction stories. I just want hard evidence right here in this thread. Post the part of the annual report you're referring to and also post other carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 09:08 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD