I used VZ Nav for a couple of months and liked it well enough, however, I didn't think I was using it enough to pay $10 a month. Then today I was out of town and got a little lost. The Garmin was at home and no nav software on my phone. I want to download the VZ Nav app back to my phone, but am having problems on VZW website. This is the web address I am using per VZW VZW Mobile Web but am getting a message that they are having technical difficulties. I also tried VZStart but that did not list VZ Nav as a downloadable app. Anybody know of a working link to download? Thanks.
    01-18-10 07:30 PM
    VZ Navigator 4.1.5

VZ Navigator

Please Note: The Account Owner must contact Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or dial *611 from a Verizon Wireless phone or visit a Verizon Wireless store in order to activate VZ Navigator on your mobile number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 07:34 PM
    Also on the storm you can go to the application center and download it from the list there.
    01-18-10 10:03 PM
    Because you have a BB you do have to call Vz for assistance to get the nav
    It is for security reasons so you can prove it is your ordering it.

I have it and don't use it a whole lot but it is 10 bucks well spent I had been without for awhile and missed it. It is more updated than Mapqwest or even Garmin and it is always being updated. I love it
    01-18-10 10:05 PM
    Because you have a BB you do have to call Vz for assistance to get the nav
    It is for security reasons so you can prove it is your ordering it.

I have it and don't use it a whole lot but it is 10 bucks well spent I had been without for awhile and missed it. It is more updated than Mapqwest or even Garmin and it is always being updated. I love it
    Last time I needed it, I downloaded it and the first time I opened it, it asked me if I was willing to spend $10/month to add it to my account. I hit yes, and I was up and running without a phone call.
    01-19-10 07:16 AM
    Use google maps, its free and fast
    01-19-10 07:33 AM
    Use google maps, its free and fast
    a lot of us need that voice activated turn by turn directions... a lot easier then driving and trying to read the phone where to go next...
    01-19-10 08:14 AM
    ...Sometimes vzw navigator just got you close and that was it, I mean you would not having to be using it if you knew where you where going and navigator would let you drive pass somethings or keep telling you top do a legal u turn? wtf lol

Soooo I had it turned off it just needs to be updated or something I'd still rate it about an "8" but not a "10" .If it would say you just passed you destination or something to that effect would help at times , instead of just getting you close and saying your destination ahead and then let you pass it and not saying anything else. lol. Or if it did say anthing else it would be like a few miles down the road and also sometimes it would tell you , your going the wrong way now or do a next legal U turn , and also at times it doesn't know the route your going so .."like it doesn't realize there's more then one way to get somewhere" when you are just "testing" the navigator and really do know the way .
    Last edited by DavidNC; 01-20-10 at 11:49 AM. Reason: updated stuff
    01-20-10 05:31 AM
    VZNAV for BREW is better than VZNAV for BBERY for whatever reason. Having said that no nav device is infallible, I've had occasion where a loaned Garmin device got me "real close" also. I rate the Garmin an 9, VZNAV for BBERY a 8, VZNAV for BREW a 9.
    01-20-10 08:32 AM
    VZNAV for BREW is better than VZNAV for BBERY for whatever reason. Having said that no nav device is infallible, I've had occasion where a loaned Garmin device got me "real close" also. I rate the Garmin an 9, VZNAV for BBERY a 8, VZNAV for BREW a 9.
    Many of VZW's non BB phones have voice activated commands for Navigator. I wish VZW's BB's had the same.
    01-20-10 08:43 AM
    I called Tech Support at VZW because I was still having problems downloading the correct version. They were not helpful. Told me I needed to wipe my phone and reinstall my OS. I wasn't ready to try that so I kept playing around. Found out the problem was that my browser was set to Firefox instead of Blackberry. Once I changed that, it downloaded flawlessly. Thank goodness I browse this site and remember reading somewhere about changing browsers!
    01-20-10 07:06 PM
    I used to have vznavigator with my old non-smart phone, and wouldnt have to pay extra since i was on the "premium plan" with unlimited internet usage. Now, since i have unlimited data plan on my curve, would i be able to use vznavigator for free like i did with my old plan???? or do i have to pay an extra 10$ now?
    01-20-10 07:52 PM
    I used to have vznavigator with my old non-smart phone, and wouldnt have to pay extra since i was on the "premium plan" with unlimited internet usage. Now, since i have unlimited data plan on my curve, would i be able to use vznavigator for free like i did with my old plan???? or do i have to pay an extra 10$ now?
    you have to pay 10 bucks a month for VZnav Its an app pretty much, and doesnt matter what your data plans are, you have to pay
    01-20-10 08:02 PM
    you have to pay 10 bucks a month for VZnav Its an app pretty much, and doesnt matter what your data plans are, you have to pay
    another disappointment regarding vzw gps. but thats what i needed to know thx!
    01-20-10 08:18 PM
    VZ Nav 5.0 coming soon?
    Last edited by lastraid; 01-31-10 at 06:25 PM.
    01-31-10 06:16 PM
    VZ Nav 5.0 coming soon?
    That would be real nice. Bring it on.
    01-31-10 10:01 PM
    That would be real nice. Bring it on.
    I do believe it is on.

New Look
    New color scheme
    Easier to use interface with quick access to features
    Facebook - Upload Your Location Into Your Facebook Page
    Integration with VZW Roadside Assistance - Provide Verizon Wireless Roadside Assistance dispatcher with customer location information
    Additional Features and Improved Customer Experience
    Faster directions download
    Enhanced Points of Interest functionality
    Real-Time Traffic Probing
    Display screens populate quicker
    Real-Time Notification for other Road Attributes
    Enhanced Pedestrian Navigation
    Run other VZ Navigator functions while in a navigation session
    Say-it mode now available on BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices

The following devices will support the VZ Navigator 5.0 software version at Release:

BlackBerry Curve 8530
    BlackBerry Storm
    BlackBerry Storm 2
    BlackBerry Tour
    HTC Imagio
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Samsung Omnia
    Samsung Omnia II
    02-01-10 03:50 PM
    So are there any GPS/Navigation apps out there that do offer turn-by-turn voice directions that are free? Otherwise I may just have to go with VZW Navigator
    02-01-10 06:59 PM
    Thanks, Lastraid! Just downloaded the latest version 5! Love it!

02-01-10 07:33 PM
    So are there any GPS/Navigation apps out there that do offer turn-by-turn voice directions that are free? Otherwise I may just have to go with VZW Navigator
    Not that I know of.
    02-01-10 07:36 PM
    Thanks, Lastraid! Just downloaded the latest version 5! Love it!

Anytime, I kinda like roadside assitance feature - mini onstar
    02-01-10 07:37 PM
    LifeinPocket is cool and free, but VZnav is my main choice.

02-02-10 06:46 AM
    Well...Google Maps Navigation is free (with data plan) for Android phones running Android 2.0 or higher. Not available for BBs though.
    02-02-10 08:44 AM
    I do believe it is on.

New Look
    New color scheme
    Easier to use interface with quick access to features
    Facebook - Upload Your Location Into Your Facebook Page
    Integration with VZW Roadside Assistance - Provide Verizon Wireless Roadside Assistance dispatcher with customer location information
    Additional Features and Improved Customer Experience
    Faster directions download
    Enhanced Points of Interest functionality
    Real-Time Traffic Probing
    Display screens populate quicker
    Real-Time Notification for other Road Attributes
    Enhanced Pedestrian Navigation
    Run other VZ Navigator functions while in a navigation session
    Say-it mode now available on BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices

The following devices will support the VZ Navigator 5.0 software version at Release:

BlackBerry Curve 8530
    BlackBerry Storm
    BlackBerry Storm 2
    BlackBerry Tour
    HTC Imagio
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Samsung Omnia
    Samsung Omnia II
    Seems like it's a completely revamped product. Interface is very slick and the whole application functions much faster.
    02-02-10 12:19 PM
    This new updated VZ Nav is awesome! I love having weather right on the home page, very nice new layout this is a big improvement!
    02-02-10 01:55 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD