Hi there- hoping someone out there can figure this one out....I've got the 8330 Curve with Verizon. My annoying issue is that everytime I get a new Voice Mail I'll also get a new SMS message which reads UNHEARD- 1 URGENT-0. Then when I listen to and ultimately delete my voice mail, the sms inbox remains with the unread message. I have to go into the SMS inbox and manually delete the text message. It's totally confusing and unecessary to have this indicator method.
    My guess is this is a Verizon issue, not BB. I can't find any menu on the BB to prevent this, and friends with other carriers aren't having this issue with the same phone.
    Any ideas??? Thanks everyone!!!

Thomas
    07-29-08 12:06 AM
    That's just the way the berry is set up. There isn't a setting to turn that off.
    07-29-08 06:32 AM
    Yeah, that is the way some of the carriers, Verizon include, send voicemail notifications for the BlackBerrys.
    07-29-08 06:47 AM
    In fact most carriers are going this route to send an SMS for voice mail notification.
    07-29-08 06:53 AM
    Hi there- hoping someone out there can figure this one out....I've got the 8330 Curve with Verizon. My annoying issue is that everytime I get a new Voice Mail I'll also get a new SMS message which reads UNHEARD- 1 URGENT-0. Then when I listen to and ultimately delete my voice mail, the sms inbox remains with the unread message. I have to go into the SMS inbox and manually delete the text message. It's totally confusing and unecessary to have this indicator method.
    My guess is this is a Verizon issue, not BB. I can't find any menu on the BB to prevent this, and friends with other carriers aren't having this issue with the same phone.
    Any ideas??? Thanks everyone!!!

Thomas
    Please do not double-post. It is unnecessary (most of us read all forums) and a violation of forum rules.
    07-29-08 08:13 AM
    I don't get a SMS but I do get a VM "note" in my BB inbox (different looking icon). It's logged right above each missed call entry.
    Your email and sms boxes are probably combined and not separated.
    07-29-08 08:22 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input. Sorry about the double post...new here, won't happen again.
    The inboxes COMBINED does make it easier to deal with, but for me that prefers SEPERATED inboxes it sure is a pain. I'll sleep better at night knowing that it's just set up that way and I'm not missing something. Thanks!
    07-29-08 08:58 AM
    Welcome, charity! Enjoy the site!
    07-29-08 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD