Sorry if there is already a similar thread, I did look but I couldn't find one.

I am on Vodafone UK and don't have BlackBerry Internet Service installed on my BB, can anyone tell me where or how I can do this? The default is VodafoneLive and I can't seem to change it!!

I'm a newbie and have only had my BB for a couple of weeks so be gentle!
    03-15-08 11:53 AM
    Hi there littlemissvixen,

Hope you�re enjoying using your new device. Have you got a grasp of it yet?

With regards to using the Blackberry Internet service, it sounds as though you may need the access point adding on to your account.

You will also need to have the Blackberry package added on to you account, if you don't already have it. The cost of this depends on your price plan, if you pay �40 a month or less it will be �15/month, if your price plan is over �40 a month the charge is reduced to �10/month. This includes 6MB of data allowance.

If you would like me to update your account with the access point and Blackberry package please contact me from the Vodafone contact us form � Vodafone.co.uk > contact us (top right of the home page) > by email

If you include the code FIT135 in the body of the email it will direct it through to my team. Please answer all the questions on the form so we can have full access to your account. Please also provide a brief description of what you need doing or provide a link to this thread here.

As soon as we hear from you we can get the blackberry services updates on your account and you will then be able to use the device to its full potential.

Gembo
    Vodafone UK
    03-18-08 07:29 AM
    Gembo i have orderd a vodafone sim for my blackberry device,
    but it will be pay as you go,
    will i be able to accsess any internet services for my email on pay as you go?
    the device is a 7290
    06-08-08 12:11 PM
    Hi

You will not get the blackberry services on pay as you go.
    06-08-08 12:28 PM
    To clarify the Blackberry Internet Services can only be added to a pay monthly tariff.

Vodafone is also a bit pricey.
    06-08-08 12:39 PM
    Ok thanks very much for that info,
    If i were to pay for the device to be unlocked to say 02 would i be able to get the services then?

or is the services for monthly contracts only?
    06-08-08 12:51 PM
    All uk carriers are pay monthly for Blackberry.

The device you have is old with only 32mb of memory so for what you would pay monthly to run it you could get a brand new BB for free.

You are very very restricted with 32mb of memory I am sorry to say.

o2 is doing a promo on the 8100 for �25 per month (18 - 24 month contract )

You could however get a sim only deal with no long contract for your 7290 and as long as it is a pay monthly one you can add the bb services to it.

If you unlock it you can then use any network.

Weigh up the cost though with getting a new one free.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 06-08-08 at 01:09 PM.
    06-08-08 12:55 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f75/uk-...ckberry-40990/

There are some details on sim only contracts in this link.
    06-08-08 01:03 PM
    Unfortuantly i am unemployed and my credit rating is very poor so a contract is not an option for me,
    hence the old bb aswell,
    what i want to be able to do is put my email onto the device if possible..
    obviously that is for another thread,

but i have outlook 6 on the pc aswell as live mail,
    what i would like to do is just transfer my emails to the device from my pc so i can read them on the go,
    if thats not possible no problem ill just save up for a more modern model.
    i have a thread in the old blackberry forums that pretty much explains it.
    thanks for your time.
    Andy.
    06-08-08 01:37 PM
    What you could do is download the opera mini browser and browse to your online account but this is where your 32mb device memory restricts you. You will not be able to use the built in email features on the device without a blackberry tariff so browsing to your email may be the only way.

To use opera mini you will need to have a data package added to your pay and go sim card to pay for internet use.

You will also need the Vodafone apn settings entered onto the device.

Its worth a try but it is not quaranteed to work. Try loading opera onto your device via the application loader in desktop manager.

Hopefully your situation will improve in the near future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 02:47 PM
    On a pay and go sim you will have no problem making calls and using sms.

06-09-08 02:33 AM
    Gembo I'm on �40 a month plus only �5 for my BIS

I had to do a bit pf phoning to get that working though!
    If anyone wants the settings for getting Opera mini to work, let me know cos I taught a guy from Vodafone how to do it!
    06-12-08 06:56 PM
    just call up vodafone call centre..they will guide you.
    07-04-08 07:38 AM
    I have been with bb for 7 yrs. If you go to store they are doing a deal that if you don't take your upgrade option they credit your account. At the month, my phone bill is �19p/m, this is with unlimited email, texts and 900mins a month. This is for 9 months. But you have to go into the store. This may help, I hope.

01-23-10 02:41 AM
    jeees, im paying �35 for 600 mins, unlimited text and web services all in... Haggle guys haggle!

that's on a brand new 9700
    04-01-10 07:04 AM
    Don't know why people are telling you that bis on payg isn't possible on UK networks when both Orange and T-mobile will do it for �5 a month deducted from your credit balance. T-mobile even do a 6 month for �20 offer

04-11-10 06:36 AM
    Don't know why people are telling you that bis on payg isn't possible on UK networks when both Orange and T-mobile will do it for �5 a month deducted from your credit balance. T-mobile even do a 6 month for �20 offer
    This thread was started over 2 years ago... and back then it wasn't possible, and it still isn't possible on voda yet
    04-11-10 08:55 AM
    just call up vodafone call centre..they will guide you.
    Yep, its �5/month for the BIS and they activate it immediately on the call.
    04-11-10 03:35 PM
    Hi,
    Does that �5/month let you use your emails/browser/ bb messenger with no extra charge?
    I recieved my bold 9700 last week, as an upgrade, it's my first BB/ smart phone.
    Because i waited more than a week to change my tariff, Voda wouldn't let me get one with the added mb's
    Don't really want to try the above functions on my new phone if its goin to cost me more.

cheers
    06-08-10 04:06 PM
    nope. 5/mnth gets you BIS access, but covers no data. If you dont have a data package then you will be charged at the advertised rates per MB.
    06-17-10 10:43 AM
    Wrong... I have the ₤5 BIS and that also includes unlimited (500MB per month) internet.

Remember as well folks that after 9 months of your contract you can reduce your tariff if need be. I am a low user, so on my Storm2 I get 75mins calls, 250txts, Internet and BIS for approx ₤16 a month.
    09-08-10 12:38 AM
    I pay �45 per month, 900mins, unlimited texts, all web services & insurance!
    09-17-10 05:22 AM
    �20 per month, 600 mins, ultd (ye, as if) txts, 1GB internet and BIS, thats a 12 month sim only, but as i have no intention of getting a torch from them at their prices, simonly is the future, i now have a torch from at+t unlocked, is awesome
    09-17-10 07:38 PM
    Wrong... I have the ₤5 BIS and that also includes unlimited (500MB per month) internet.

Remember as well folks that after 9 months of your contract you can reduce your tariff if need be. I am a low user, so on my Storm2 I get 75mins calls, 250txts, Internet and BIS for approx ₤16 a month.
    my reply was related to PAYG which was being talked about at the time.
    11-25-10 03:25 PM
    Sorry if there is already a similar thread, I did look but I couldn't find one.

I am on Vodafone UK and don't have BlackBerry Internet Service installed on my BB, can anyone tell me where or how I can do this? The default is VodafoneLive and I can't seem to change it!!

I'm a newbie and have only had my BB for a couple of weeks so be gentle!
    Hi Vixen, I am a new BB user on Vodaphone PAYG - I have no restriction on my 8520 - which model do you have?

02-05-11 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD