firstly is vodafone good in the UK, London Area for coverage and internet browsing as I am thinking of getting a 9700.

Is there good 3G coverage?
    Is there good Edge coverage?
    Is there good coverage for receiving and making calls?

Please tell me your experiences regarding the network vodafone.

I have been on Tmobile before and its crap, No-one can get through to me.
    11-28-09 05:30 AM
    Switched from O2 to Vodafone. It is good as far as I'm concerned. Had my first mobile contract with them.

3G shouldn't be a problem in London, though there are some dead spots. Suggest you go to coverage checker on Vodafone website and key in post codes where you spend your most time to get an idea.

Vodafone doesn't do EDGE. Its either GPRS or 3G. I'm still in the process of discovering how well my 9700 holds onto 3G in different parts of london.

For voice calls it should be very good any time, anywhere. They have a very good coverage.
    11-30-09 06:35 AM
    the website has a coverage checker and so does the ofcom website - it shows the coverage of all the uk networks

Vodafone coverage checker

Ofcom coverage uk
    Last edited by spiderhider; 11-30-09 at 06:38 AM. Reason: added links
    11-30-09 06:37 AM
    As coffee addict has already confirmed there is no EDGE with Vodafone UK, just GPRS. I'm on the outskirts of London and find the 3G coverage to be good, no issues for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 06:54 AM
    I apparently get full coverage in my area for 3G.
    11-30-09 11:57 AM
    I apparently get full coverage in my area for 3G.
    I've swapped off T-mobile to Vodaphone about a month ago, and am in West (outer) London.
    So far I've had no problem with signal at all, but as it's my first Blackberry have had a lot of questions. I can honestly say that the Customer service has been a real surprise!
    Calls have all been answered promptly, by English speaking advisors, who've been very helpful and they've even told me things I'd not known to ask about!
    12-07-09 12:21 AM
    Thats good to hear, please keep me updated if anything occurs as I'm doing a contract with them on wednsday.
    12-07-09 01:19 AM
    yeah vodafone has the best coverage in the UK by far, London is insanely good for 3g/edge etc etc on my 9700! only problem is that voda are the most useless people on the planet, awful customer service AFTER you buy your phone, i hate them, but have to stay on it because i travel a lot and they have the most international links with other companies... good luck!
    12-20-09 11:03 AM
    Vodafone offer a range of mobile phones and accessories that are compatible with their tariffs. Whether you are looking for a new mobile phone or just some advice, they are more than willing to help.
    12-21-09 04:11 AM
    Vodafone is now rolling out EDGE to metropolitan areas, presumably due to the impending release of the jesus phone.
    12-23-09 12:24 PM
    I can confirm the installation of EDGE on the VF network, Inside the M25 the focus is on 3G though
    12-23-09 01:07 PM
    Just signed up to Vodafone last week and im amazed by the internet speed, its much better then my previous network (T-mob)

I kept hearing/reading Vodafone don't do Edge and sometimes my bb has Edge so glad that thats clear that they now do.
    12-25-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD