Hello, i got myself a blackberry curve 8310 a month ago and thought i need an appropriate data plan, so after talking to a vodafone rep over the phone we settled on email-connect + web-connect (looks like a generic data-plan, not a word about BB). the reasoning behind two tariffs was that i would use the email plan only with emails using some ...blackberry.net APN and then for browsing, maps etc i use this web-connect plan. so far so good, i checked my account online today to find out i owe vodafone some 87 Euros for the last month. it turned out i forgot (well i actually didn't know) to set an appropriate APN for surfing. The vodafone-lady tol me i need to do to adv settings->tcp and set it to wap.vodafone.de. She also told me i got it right and it really should be like email - through one apn, the rest through another. Now there are some forum threads like this [damn, can't post links, try to google the qote] where they say: "CS reps can be under or misinformed. Blackberry data plans include email and web browsing and your carrier's site should explain all this... You can't do anything except voice calls and SMS on a Blackberry without a Blackberry data plan." which really does not add up to things the vodafone-rep told me. Could this be that, vodafone germany is somehow different from this CS-carrier? should i still use wap.vodafone.de for surfing? or did i get it all wrong?
    06-06-08 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD