I'm running a brand new 9700. My voicemail volume was blaringly loud. Good thing. I changed over to Visual Voicemail. Could barely hear it. I cranked up all volume settings to max, but still couldn't hear very well.

Called T-mobile, and they told me I was the only one to complain the volume was too low on Visual Voicemail. I told them to change me back to regular voicemail. Now the voicemail volume is very loud again.

Conclusion -
    VISUAL VOICEMAIL HAS LOW VOLUME AND CAN NOT BE ADJUSTED LOUDER.
    02-09-10 03:20 PM
    I'm running a brand new 9700. My voicemail volume was blaringly loud. Good thing. I changed over to Visual Voicemail. Could barely hear it. I cranked up all volume settings to max, but still couldn't hear very well.

Called T-mobile, and they told me I was the only one to complain the volume was too low on Visual Voicemail. I told them to change me back to regular voicemail. Now the voicemail volume is very loud again.

Conclusion -
    VISUAL VOICEMAIL HAS LOW VOLUME AND CAN NOT BE ADJUSTED LOUDER.
    At least you were able to go back to the regular voicemail where the volume worked better for you. I as well have never heard a customer say anything about the Visual Voicemail volume being low. You could always trying adding the feature back on and see if it is any better. Visual Voicemail is great though!
    02-09-10 08:03 PM
    At least you were able to go back to the regular voicemail where the volume worked better for you. I as well have never heard a customer say anything about the Visual Voicemail volume being low. You could always trying adding the feature back on and see if it is any better. Visual Voicemail is great though!
    If you google "visual voicemail volume", you'll see I'm not the only one. I agree that it's a very nice feature, I just wish I could hear my messages. I'll try switching back in a few days and hope it works.

My real problem with the 9700 is that I can't assign different notification volumes to in holster and out of holster.
    02-09-10 08:22 PM
    Well at least vvm works for u. Had my 9700 for weeks and no vvm called CC. They could not get to work. So I used youmail its good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What's youmail?
    02-10-10 10:23 AM
    Ribbit Mobile FTW.... youmail : not so much.

02-10-10 10:45 AM
    No problems on my 9700. The default output is from the handset and not the speakerphone. I thought the same thing at first but then put it to my ear and all was well. You can use the speaker but have to switch to it during playback.

02-10-10 10:50 AM
    I'm not a fan of VVM at all.
    02-10-10 11:14 AM
    I use YouMail

02-10-10 11:39 AM
    The only advantage that vvm has over youmail and the like is that when BIS goes down vvm still works over carriers network. Althought all you can dial in to get missed messages.

02-10-10 12:08 PM
    VVM is actually really handy, specially for people like me who don't like to call in and check their VM. When listening to messages, it plays them through the handset speaker, the same one that you hear from when making a call. You can press option and manually change it to speaker. Therefore it isn't actually really low, it is simply on handset rather than speaker. Try messing with it for a bit and see if it works out. Good luck.
    02-10-10 11:46 PM
    VVM is actually really handy, specially for people like me who don't like to call in and check their VM. When listening to messages, it plays them through the handset speaker, the same one that you hear from when making a call. You can press option and manually change it to speaker. Therefore it isn't actually really low, it is simply on handset rather than speaker. Try messing with it for a bit and see if it works out. Good luck.
    Common guys, I realize there's a speaker on the phone.
    I've tried both VM and VVM on the handset, speakerphone, bluetooth headset, and VVM is always lower volume in all cases. i really don't know why, it just is.

I'll give VVM another try in a few weeks and see. It's free, why not.
    02-10-10 11:58 PM
    My VVM is fine. I've never had a problem with the volume. Not really sure what's "Confirmed" about this subject...

02-11-10 07:27 AM
    My VVM is fine. I've never had a problem with the volume. Not really sure what's "Confirmed" about this subject...

Have you used vm and vvm side by side on the same phone and compared the volume? I have and vvm is much lower. As well as all the others that have tried it. Google it and you'll see. That's what confirmed means. If you don't have this issue then good for you.

02-11-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD