I got my 9700 yesterday and I called them to activate my visual voicemail. They said it would take 2 hours to start working. That was almost 24 hours ago and its still not working. I called and they told me it would take 24-48 hours and that everything looked right on their end. Has anyone else tried activating it and it still not working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 07:47 AM
    1st, there is like 4 threads on this.
    2nd, they need to have a supervisor add it.
    3rd it activates almost immediately.

It took me 3 reps to get it right.

11-19-09 08:04 AM
    1st there are threads on this but not on why it would be taking so long to activate once it has been added to the account

2nd I called them and they said everything looked right on their end. The service is added to my account
    And everything looks right on their backend

3rd when I told them other users have reported it starting to work quickly they said "well it could take 24-48 hours to be provisioned"

11-19-09 08:19 AM
    What is this... Visual voice mail?
    11-19-09 09:55 AM
    You just have to get the right rep. I was told months ago that the VVM was only available for the g1 and droid phones. I kept pressing the issue and was able to get VVM on my 8900. Adding it was instant. I didn't have to wait 24 hrs, once the CSR added it, I had it. When I got my 9700 last week, once I put my sim into the phone all my VVM's were there....no problem. You basically have to tell CSR to do it, dont ask.
    11-19-09 11:44 AM
    What is this... Visual voice mail?
    Voicemails transcribed to text. Interesting idea but not quite ready for prime time distribution yet. They need to get the bugs out of it.
    11-19-09 11:56 AM
    Patience is a virtue many CB users do not utilize.
    11-19-09 12:02 PM
    Not sure where this was directed but I'm patient. Have no intention of even trying this until the service is bug free.

T-Mobile is a great company but it seems this service is being rolled out prior to getting all the bugs out and they should have done a better job of being prepared.

Launching things half a*ss is a trademark of AT&T, not T-Mobile.
    11-19-09 12:06 PM
    The thing is I've talked to about 10 reps.. CSR and blackberry support. they keep telling me everything seems right on their end. The service is on my account and nothing looks wrong. The last rep I spoke to said she could see it wasn't active yet even though the service is on my account. She said to give it the full 48 hours and if it's still not working they will issue a trouble ticket. It seems like everyone who has gotten this that it started working almost instantly so I dont understand why it's been over 24 hours already and it's still not active. When I open visual VM I'm at the screen that says "Please wait while we check the provisiong status...blah blah blah.. to resubmit request press menu and select resend request" I do that and my data arrows go for a second or two but nothing else happens.
    11-19-09 12:27 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    11-19-09 01:22 PM
    Agreed!

Secondly i haven't had one problem with VVM in fact its been working perfectly both on my 9700 and before on my 8900. Been using it for well over a month now.
    11-19-09 01:47 PM
    Secondly i haven't had one problem with VVM in fact its been working perfectly both on my 9700 and before on my 8900. Been using it for well over a month now.
    Congratulations on your success. Perhaps now you can participate in some of the many threads where people seem very frustrated trying to access this service and failing in the process. Perhaps your knowledge in accessing the service can help many of those who don't seem to be as lucky.

Actually I'm not one of these poor souls who has made the attempt because it seems from the reports of others that there are a LOT of bugs that need to be worked out.
    11-19-09 01:53 PM
    I set mine up on My T-Mobile on Monday when I got the 9700 - started working right away - no problems. I just went into "Change Services" selected it (down near the bottom of page) and it worked imediately.
    11-19-09 01:57 PM
    I set mine up on My T-Mobile on Monday when I got the 9700 - started working right away - no problems. I just went into "Change Services" selected it (down near the bottom of page) and it worked imediately.
    Cool deal. What do you most like about using it?
    11-19-09 02:29 PM
    Congratulations on your success. Perhaps now you can participate in some of the many threads where people seem very frustrated trying to access this service and failing in the process. Perhaps your knowledge in accessing the service can help many of those who don't seem to be as lucky.

Actually I'm not one of these poor souls who has made the attempt because it seems from the reports of others that there are a LOT of bugs that need to be worked out.
    Well i had activated it well before it was availiable to the public by using leaked os on my 8900, and having the rep put the g1/my touch vvm on my account. At the time it wasn't recommended for all as not everyone wants to used leaked os. I did however share my findings in other related threads. Perhaps there could be a new bug when they activated the official BB VVM although i doubt it could be all that different?

Perhaps a rep could chime in as to what difference there is in the BB VVM and the g1/mytouch VVM if any difference at all. For all i know its just been an option in their system all along that before they official released it for BB it could have just had the g1/mytouch name on it? and now its just availiable for everyone with compatible devices?

But basically, once it was placed on my acct.. i did a battery pull, and immediately when the phone booted up my saved messages were pushed to my phone. I even did one test call and within seconds the new message was pushed to my phone. Displayed the correct time and everything. I'm not sure why now its a problem for some.
    11-19-09 02:37 PM
    Voicemails transcribed to text. Interesting idea but not quite ready for prime time distribution yet. They need to get the bugs out of it.
    Incorrect. It doesn't transcribe anything. It displays voicemails and who left them in a folder similar to that of a text message. You can access and listen to the message by selecting it rather than calling voicemail thus eliminating some steps. You can also delete and manage the messages, again without having to make a phone call.

11-20-09 02:25 PM
    I have had VVM for over 2 months now. First on my 8900, and now on my 9700. I have had no problems what so ever. I rarely have any problems with TMO or my bb equipment. Sorry for those of you who have.
    11-21-09 11:59 AM
    TMO customers can activate it on their own. Log into your T-Mobile account and go to Plans & Services and click on change services. Scroll down to Other and you will see Visual Voice Mail. Click in the box and Change Services.

Attachment 45711
    Last edited by TheBronx; 11-21-09 at 12:40 PM.
    11-21-09 12:20 PM
    I've activated Visual Voicemail on my 8520 and I was working instantly, And haven't had any problems since. I activated it online as I knew the CS rep was going to say it's not available for my phone.
    11-21-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD