So I was with at&t for two years and had my device registered in the online at&t bis website. Recently I moved to another country and cancelled my at&t account and told them to release the pin so I could register my device with my new carrier (TIGO).

Now in my home country, my current carrier(TIGO) was able to register my device and I have a fully functional blackberry but the problem is when I try to register my device in my new carrier's BIS website it says the phone is already registered with another carrier(at&t).

I am really confused as in how can I be registered with my new carrier(TIGO) and the at&t bis website is still active? I can still log in to it and change the settings on my emails ect ect.

Is there a way to release my phone from the bis website? I tired 0s and that did not work.. any tips or insight on this problem would be very appreciated!

thanks
    12-19-09 11:33 AM
    Hi, that is strange. Have you tried (long shot..), on your BIS login page, using the username/pw combo you use on your device in Email Setup? Those credentials should be identical on the phone and your carrier's site. I'm just wondering if it's the process of trying to re-register that's creating the issue. If indeed you're able to login to email settings through Email Setup, enter your BIS username/pw, and have control of your email accounts than my first thought is that you should go ahead and try to login using the same credentials. If that doesn't work let me know.
    12-19-09 11:36 AM
    If you can still log in to AT&T BIS and see your device, AT&T never released your PIN.

You'll either have to call AT&T again to make sure they actually release the PIN, or find a inactive BlackBerry, and put it's PIN in your AT&T BIS page.

You might want to try searching "release PIN", to see if there are any other tricks, too. I think your best bet is to call AT&T, although it might cost a bit to do it out of the country. Just make sure you have some old account info if possible.
    12-19-09 12:52 PM
    thanks for the replies..I already called at&t twice and spoke to tech support and blackberry support and they supposedly released my pin. I also believe my pin was released b/c I was able to register the blackberry service with my new carrier.

If my pin was not released would my new carrier be able to register my blackberry?

very weird!!

p.s. jlsparks, I am in fact having trouble "re-registering" my device in my new carriers bis website, i would assume it is because my device is already "registered" in the at&t bis website.

Should I call at&t again?? but what should i was already able to register my device with the new carrier?
    Last edited by jcturcios; 12-20-09 at 11:21 AM.
    12-20-09 11:12 AM
    The PIN is used for registration of BIS/BES and has nothing to do with phone calls. It sounds like your new carrier was able to do the phone side but the data side is not released. They are two separate functions on a BB.
    12-20-09 05:11 PM
    The data side does in fact work. i am able to use bbm emails ect ect on my new carrier...thats why i find this very very weird!!
    12-20-09 10:28 PM
    Hmm...I would say AT&T did not release your pin properly...somehow. When I switched to another carrier for a short time (in the states however) I couldn't login to AT&T BIS site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD