Hi I am so sorry but I have a question that I am sure has been asked but I just need some clarification. I just called verizon and I unlocked my blackberry 8830. So here is where i need the clarification, I am going abroad for 3 months to Spain and I would like to buy a pay as you go sim card from a spanish network and use it in my blackberry Can I use this in my blackberry also, how would i use my bbm?? Thanks
    08-08-09 01:37 PM
    You can use the payg SIM *BUT BE SURE* to set your phone to GSM only in your mange connections or your phone bill will be about ten grand.

Your payg SIM must have a data plan. Using BBM may or may not work... some do and some do not overseas if the recipient is back in the States.
    08-08-09 06:32 PM
    ok thanks!!! so when I get there and buy a simcard i just go to manage connections on my phone and make sure it is in gsm only. By doing this will it make my other line stop working? I dont want the american line to work because my bill would be 1000000s ha.
    08-08-09 09:32 PM
    when I get to manage connections how to i get to the part where it says gsm only?
    08-08-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD