Well Here I go. I am currently an Alltel coustomer up in the great state of North Dakota. Rumor has it that AT&T bought out my region from Verizons grubby hands, and I was curious if anyone out there in the Crackberry nation has any news of this.

I did alot of searching and the only info I could scrounge up is that it is infact true, but there is no details what so ever. I have heard that it is signed and official but I can find no oter details/time frames etc.

I would really like to know when I can get my Bold 9700!
    11-24-09 07:11 PM
    well, if theres no native at&t coverage, you will have to wait for them to set up a GSM network in your area. verizon bought out alltell. at&t wouldnt be able to use the existing alltell network and towers out there since they are CDMA and at&t is GSM.
    11-25-09 02:43 AM
    True....never thought of that. CDMA vs GSM. I will bet sometime maybe Q3 of 2011.
    11-25-09 12:22 PM
    Verizon has to convert over a lot of GSM towers they got from AT&T too. I think that was in Louisiana or Mississippi.
    11-25-09 01:33 PM
    Well Here I go. I am currently an Alltel coustomer up in the great state of North Dakota. Rumor has it that AT&T bought out my region from Verizons grubby hands, and I was curious if anyone out there in the Crackberry nation has any news of this.

I did alot of searching and the only info I could scrounge up is that it is infact true, but there is no details what so ever. I have heard that it is signed and official but I can find no oter details/time frames etc.

I would really like to know when I can get my Bold 9700!
    This is true. In markets where vzw bought out all the competition, feds made vzw sell off thier markets where vzw would be the only carrier. I live in Sisseton SD where it used to be Unicell and Alltel. Vzw bought them both out so now it will be vzw and at&t in Sisseton. Same for Fargo market where I get my phones from. Interestingly enough, Sprint signed an extended roaming agreement with vzw cause I get 1XEV with my work Sprint Tour (2bars) in Sisseton and 5 bar 1XEV in Sisseton also. On Sprints website it lists Sisseton as "extended roaming data" which I never saw before. AT&T's website still lists Sisseton as "no coverage" and Fargo market is only 1X so no changes have been made yet as far as I know. When will it happen? I have no clue either.
    11-25-09 01:43 PM
    I would jump to Verizon, just seems logical in this situation.
    11-25-09 01:46 PM
    yeah it is a tuff choice. I dont like how expensive VZW is tho.

In one hand Storm2........

Other hand Bold 9700
    11-25-09 07:34 PM
    for the record, Verizon and AT&T's rate plans are EXACTLY the same, only you get a battery network with Verizon, sure the 9700 is nice, but who wants a nice phone on a crappy network
    11-25-09 08:12 PM
    I have been with AT&T before, btw.
    11-25-09 08:13 PM
    I just really hate everything about the data Service. I can blow away the data use cap that Verizon has.
    12-02-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD