I have been e-mailing back and forth w/Verizon about the release date for BB10. I found this reply to be interesting (and really, wrong).

My name is *** and I would like to clarify the release of BB10. Verizon Wireless provides the service that the BB10 uses. RIM (Research in Motion) is the manufacture of the device and they dictate when they are releasing the device for sale and when it will be available to the Wireless providers. If RIM decides to hold back their release date 2 months, there is nothing that we can do about that. RIM has agreements with carriers as to when the device will be ready for a specific carrier. T-mobile being a GSM network which is similar to the European Network may have an early release date since there is very minimal modifications that need to be done on the device to work on their network. Verizon Wireless on the other hand, has an LTE network that is different from T-mobiles.
    ibpluto likes this.
    02-25-13 09:54 AM
    Sounds like a reply from a clueless CSR. Sad that it's almost March and their staff still doesn't know anything about the device nor is there an official release date.
    02-25-13 10:09 AM
    I have been e-mailing back and forth w/Verizon about the release date for BB10. I found this reply to be interesting (and really, wrong).

My name is *** and I would like to clarify the release of BB10. Verizon Wireless provides the service that the BB10 uses. RIM (Research in Motion) is the manufacture of the device and they dictate when they are releasing the device for sale and when it will be available to the Wireless providers. If RIM decides to hold back their release date 2 months, there is nothing that we can do about that. RIM has agreements with carriers as to when the device will be ready for a specific carrier. T-mobile being a GSM network which is similar to the European Network may have an early release date since there is very minimal modifications that need to be done on the device to work on their network. Verizon Wireless on the other hand, has an LTE network that is different from T-mobiles.
    You should ask "is that the 'official' statement or did you make that up off the top of your head and since it sounds reasonable, you just sent it"

The LTE device is available elsewhere. Why not Verizon?

There are lots of reasons by BB would want to delay launch in the US... including not having enough devices built for the market... wanting to see how it goes in other regions before committing resources to the US launch... I think the right answer is somewhere inbetween carrier apathy / test requirements and BB being cautious about over-committing resources to the US that might have undermined the launch elsewhere. I am 100% happy that the UK was first and people were able to pick up the devices on Jan. 31... I am happy that Canada didn't have to wait 'til mid-March, only as a fan, not as a strategy: the fact is that the Canadian market is small enough that there would be few reasons to defer the launch by much, and BB gets lots of valuable data by having the devices available in a market where their head office is. I'm just speculating, but I can see lots of valid reasons for the rollout schedule being what it is... but I can't abide customer service reps that feel the need to make up some fabricated story rather than just say "I have no clue" when clueless they be.
    Jimberry Storm and bigbikeguy like this.
    02-25-13 10:21 AM
    Of course getting FCC approval (posted Friday) would help -> http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...up-fcc-775748/
    02-25-13 10:25 AM
    I just read that, that is awesome. Verizon's customer service (phone call or e-mail) is brutal, don't have a clue what they are doing. I forgot to mention, when addressing the e-mail, the guy called me by the wrong first name.
    02-25-13 12:18 PM
    It gives no information whatsoever on when Verizon will start selling the Z10.
    02-25-13 12:24 PM
    That sounds like a response from either one of the genius non-English speaking Verizon reps, or a robot.
    02-25-13 03:04 PM
    It gives no information whatsoever on when Verizon will start selling the Z10.
    And your point is .......................
    02-25-13 06:42 PM
    Verizon's customer service is superb in my opinion. Many of you are asking them to spill the beans on things they either are not aware of or are not allow to speak of. Why in the world would anyone expect them to do otherwise? They are there to serve the customer with problems or issues, not to sooth our curiosity on the BB10 release. I will admit that I email them almost weekly, gently expressing my frustration on the delay of release but I do not trash them because they do not or can not provide answers. They are working slugs like the rest of us and do not deserve harassment from BB fans. Save that for the decision makers please.
    02-25-13 08:10 PM