I am thinking about jumping ship and taking my 2 lines to T-Mobile. Tired of being locked into Verizon phones and my inlaws have T-Mobile and their coverage is great here in Philadelphia. Can I take my z30 to T-Mobile and still have the ability to make calls and such

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 07:34 AM
    I am thinking about jumping ship and taking my 2 lines to T-Mobile. Tired of being locked into Verizon phones and my inlaws have T-Mobile and their coverage is great here in Philadelphia. Can I take my z30 to T-Mobile and still have the ability to make calls and such

Posted via CB10
    The Verizon Z30 does have GSM hardware, but it was made primarily for Verizon's CDMA network.
    Your coverage and speeds may be limited if you use a STA100-3 Verizon Z30 on T-mobile due to it having only one band of LTE that is compatible with T-Mobile, but you should get good 3G coverage.
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4988
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/

How to switch to T-Mobile (and bring your own phone) - WhistleOut
    "So to sum it up: if your phone is an unlocked GSM device, or an unlocked GSM/CDMA device that can run on a compatible LTE band (so for Verizon phones, Band 4), you should be able to use it with T-Mobile plans."
    11-03-15 08:06 AM
    When I'm in T-Mobile coverage, my VZ Z30 performs better (2-3X faster data) with a T-Mobile SIM than it does with a VZ SIM. Problem is you don't have all the T-Mobile bands so you do drop out of coverage now and then.

I'm in the NYC area.
    11-03-15 08:11 AM
    I purchased a t mobile prepaid sim to test there service using my Verizon Z30, I was able to get 4G LTE. Everything worked great but I can't comment on how it would be if I've ever wondered outside of the big city.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:57 AM
    You can get an unlocked Z30 off ShopBlackberry very cheap. Its what I use. Its fully compatible with T-Mobile.

I got 99 problems. My Blackberry ain't 1.~Z30
    11-06-15 08:16 AM
    At one point, there were some issues getting LTE on TMO/AT&T (on band 4) when using the Verizon Z30. And what made it weirder was that this wasn't happening in all TMO LTE markets. I don't think this was conclusively figured out, but one theory was that Verizon may have been blocking band 4 in markets it didn't have a band 4 LTE network.

Maybe newer OS builds fixed that, but I would recommend that you borrow a TMO SIM for a quick test to see if you get LTE.
    lift likes this.
    11-09-15 04:56 PM
    At one point, there were some issues getting LTE on TMO/AT&T (on band 4) when using the Verizon Z30. And what made it weirder was that this wasn't happening in all TMO LTE markets. I don't think this was conclusively figured out, but one theory was that Verizon may have been blocking band 4 in markets it didn't have a band 4 LTE network.

Maybe newer OS builds fixed that, but I would recommend that you borrow a TMO SIM for a quick test to see if you get LTE.
    Yeah. I was one of those people. I had a Verizon Z30 a little over a year ago. I had a prepaid account on T-Mobile also. I took my T-Mobile SIM and put it in my Verizon Z30 and got no LTE. I tried everything possible and never got LTE to work. When I left Verizon, I sold the Z30.
    11-13-15 09:29 PM
    Yeah. I was one of those people. I had a Verizon Z30 a little over a year ago. I had a prepaid account on T-Mobile also. I took my T-Mobile SIM and put it in my Verizon Z30 and got no LTE. I tried everything possible and never got LTE to work. When I left Verizon, I sold the Z30.
    Had you used another BB10 phone (or a non-band 12 phone) on TMO and gotten LTE? In other words, are you sure TMO had band 4 and/or band 2 LTE around you?
    11-13-15 09:44 PM
    Had you used another BB10 phone (or a non-band 12 phone) on TMO and gotten LTE? In other words, are you sure TMO had band 4 and/or band 2 LTE around you?
    Yes. I had a Z10 and a Q10 at that time that worked fine on T-Mobile. They both have band 2 and 4 LTE.
    11-13-15 09:47 PM
    Yes. I had a Z10 and a Q10 at that time that worked fine on T-Mobile. They both have band 2 and 4 LTE.
    Thanks. At that time, I would have asked you "do you know if your Z10/Q10 park on band 2," but it doesn't matter now Plus given the b2 vs. b4 footprint around the time the Z30 was fresh, chances are your Z10/Q10 would have been on the b4 network.
    11-13-15 10:01 PM
    Thanks. At that time, I would have asked you "do you know if your Z10/Q10 park on band 2," but it doesn't matter now Plus given the b2 vs. b4 footprint around the time the Z30 was fresh, chances are your Z10/Q10 would have been on the b4 network.
    You really know your stuff. This area is definitely a band 4 LTE area. Now has band 12 also.
    11-13-15 10:04 PM