when you call, ask for a supervisor directly and tell them that this is not fair that you have all these trackball issues and so many replacements. Tell them you still want a blackberry but you dont want a trackball and would like a storm 2 instead of another tour given the current issue.

If your a long time customer, I dont see how they wont do this. Threatening them may work but only in a reasonable way that makes them look bad. Do it huffing and puffing and I'm sure they wont budge. Make them feel guilty and I think you may get a positive response. The 3 replacement rule is a soft rule and in the end, it is always their discretion. So play it smart and you may just be able to get a Storm 2 out of the problem.

And remember, supervizor ONLY .... plus common sense!
    I totally agree and where are you going? Pricing differences are going to negligible as of tomorrow. And while no wireless service is perfect, VZW is the best I've had. The only major player I haven't used is ATT and I'd rather use a payphone or borrow someone's phone in an emergency. Sprint sucked when I had them and TMobile sucked bad at times, when they are bad they are terrible. TMobiles pricing is the cheapest, but I've been in situations where everyone in the room had tmo and had no signal, not even SOS service. The one person in the room w/vzw had service. My kid was at Rutgers football camp, no contact with my kid for 3 1/2 days without him borrowing his friend's vzw phone. Don't threaten to leave, they don't really care about that, be solution oriented and positive in your approach. People who yell and scream to get what they want, whether it works or not, still look like and a$$ at the end of the day.
    01-17-10 11:18 AM
    Telus was supposed to send me a new blackberry on the 6th. THEY FORGOT. I asked for an upgrade to a Storm 2, but I got shot down as well. My new storm is being shipped on the 18th, (tomorrow). What an inconvenience.
    01-17-10 12:12 PM
    Just tell them you"ve had it with the crappy customer service and want to cancel your contract to go with a different provider at a cheaper cost with the same options.
    01-17-10 12:17 PM
    You can't switch to any phone verizons upgrades are based on brackets try suggesting a tour2 when its released. My friend just tried to switch from a storm1 to a curve but the said they can only switch him to a storm2 btw he had gone through just about as many storms as you went through tours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 02:10 PM
    I to had trackball issues, headphone jack, and OS issues with my "Tour" a co-worker upgraded from a Palm to a S2 and I played around with the S2 for a while. I really liked it. I went to VZW store since I knew my headphone jack was fubar'ed and asked if I could go to a S2. The rep asked the manager and she said yes. My S2 is 1 of 1 for me.

I also have 2 other lines which are not smartphones. I was thinking about upgrading one of those lines to a T2 when it comes out and switching phones out.
    01-17-10 02:22 PM
    i for got to mention also....yo have a 1 year warrenty right? if so you say your on your 4th. well yo have a right to talk to a supervisor and they may just up grade you to a different model. i was told that last night. i was on the phone with customer service for bout 1 hour. like i said they finally did what i wanted because they didnt want to lose me as a customer. plus i didnt want the s2 anymore.. dont get me wrong i love the s2 but i think they have major issues. im going with omnia 2...trying that out.

Would love to know what 611 you dialed. When I got my first Storm2 there was an issue with the screen, and I called 611 I was early within my thirty days and they told me they would send me another, and I called back to check the status several times, and was told a supervisor needed to approve it, and apparently it was not getting approved. I had to raise **** on the phone, to get the guy to call the store. I had spoken to the store manager @ the store before I called customer service and he told me he didnt see a problem with the phone and that there was nothing he was going to do for me. The store changed it out (only because the store manager was not present). The second Storm2 died after being charged. Rather than deal with that store, or deal with customer service, I got in my car and drove an hour west to Beaumont, TX to that Verizon wireless retail location and they gladly helped me out and said that they were sorry I went through the hassle with the first one, but had I went there they would have taken care of it for me.

I don't know what the deal is but I guess some store managers are going to be ******** but they should definitely help you if your still within the 30 days. I have a feeling had I threatened to cancel service and wanted to return the device he would have told me he couldn't help me there either.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-19-10 at 09:31 AM. Reason: language
    01-17-10 03:00 PM
    So i just got off the phone with Verizon customer service, just awful. I told them this would be my third tour in a row due to trackball problems and given the current issue I would like to switch to a Storm 2. First the guy tells me I can't do that and the only thing I can do is get the same (Tour) replacement and it would cost $90!!! I said absoluley not especially since this would be my third replacement in less than 6 months and I also have insurance. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The guy tells me I would need to speak with technical support first (why I don't know). After holding for almost 1\2 hour I was put back on with the same guy who told me they cant do anything for me unless a manager from a Verizon store notates in the system that my phone is actually broken. I can't keep going back and forth between Verizon store and customer service on the phone. This isn't fair!!
    01-17-10 03:08 PM
    Moving to Verizon Forum.
    01-17-10 03:09 PM
    do you think if I threaten to cancel my contact they'll budge? What number did you call?
    No. Don't do this.

Just keep pushing and they will give you what you want. Customer Service is paid to pacify you without giving you anything else. They always say that they can't but they can. KEEP PUSHING!!!
    I remember the days when it was like this, Verizon (and the cellco industry as a whole) is shifting to being able to tell customers no and Verizon is doing it. The cellco industry has trained customers to think that pushing hard, threatening to leave, demanding etc will lead to positive results. That's why you never hear about someone calling their car loan company and asking to just get a few months taken off their loan, or their power company and says "This is just too much, I can't pay it -- what can you do about this?"

I can guarantee you that if you're rude, obnoxious, demaning, or threaten to leave you will get nothing. I take escalated calls and every single customer tells me they're going to switch if I don't give them what they want. I tell them I can either process the disconnect now or they can port out.
    01-17-10 03:39 PM
    I find it hard to be sympathetic. I had 4 tours in 3 months. The last one they send..a refurb...is a keeper. I really wanted them to pay my mortgage and cable bill to compensate me for my inconvenience and time spent troubleshoot, but they said no.

The Tour and an old Ferrari have a lot in common, they are high maintenance. Ask for a replacement and get a phone that works to your satisfaction.
    01-17-10 03:52 PM
    When I see this many repalcement, I would look at the environment or handling of the device? Do you work in a dirty environment?, do you keep the device in shirt pocket? lint does wonders for a trackball.
    01-17-10 04:07 PM
    Dude don't call in and be a ****. You'll get far better results if you're nice to whomever you talk to. The second you threaten to disconnect your service, the person you're talking to is going to stop wanting to help you. You'll just be hurting your chances of getting what you want even more than they already are. I doubt that you'll be able to get what you want anyway, but being an ****** will NOT help at all.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-19-10 at 09:32 AM. Reason: language
    01-17-10 04:25 PM
    So i just got off the phone with Verizon customer service, just awful. I told them this would be my third tour in a row due to trackball problems and given the current issue I would like to switch to a Storm 2. First the guy tells me I can't do that and the only thing I can do is get the same (Tour) replacement and it would cost $90!!! I said absoluley not especially since this would be my third replacement in less than 6 months and I also have insurance. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The guy tells me I would need to speak with technical support first (why I don't know). After holding for almost 1\2 hour I was put back on with the same guy who told me they cant do anything for me unless a manager from a Verizon store notates in the system that my phone is actually broken. I can't keep going back and forth between Verizon store and customer service on the phone. This isn't fair!!
    I actually got mine replaced by Tech Support. I just kept calling into them to deal with the issue, they notated my account and customer service replaced it via those notes
    01-17-10 05:41 PM
    They offered you a replacement of the phone that you purchased, how is that not fair? Buy the Storm 2 if you want the Storm 2. You paid for a Tour you get the Tour.
    01-17-10 06:19 PM
    Dude don't call in and be a ****. You'll get far better results if you're nice to whomever you talk to. The second you threaten to disconnect your service, the person you're talking to is going to stop wanting to help you. You'll just be hurting your chances of getting what you want even more than they already are. I doubt that you'll be able to get what you want anyway, but being an ****** will NOT help at all.
    If u get rude with them they will budge. I did it now I get a free month and get the phone I want.

01-17-10 06:40 PM
    If u get rude with them they will budge. I did it now I get a free month and get the phone I want.

Well its a good thing you were taught manners.
    01-17-10 07:04 PM

LOL! What horrible advice. If you get rude with me and refuse to be respectful (keep cussing/yelling) I'll just release the call.
    01-17-10 07:05 PM
    +1 and bump that! I'm with Mario and Bum... as are most reps probably.
    01-17-10 07:07 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon because AGAIN I have to get my Tour replaced because of trackball issues. This would be my 4th in 6 months! I told them what an inconvenience this is and that I can't keep replacing Tours, so I suggested the Storm 2. The shut me down =( and said the only thing they can do is send another replacement Tour since my last replacement was in November. Is there anything else I can say to convince them?
    Repeat after me...VZW only markets the phone. Eons ago on another carrier I had a Ericson (Ericsson?) phone that killed the battery in under two hours. The manufacturer sent me a new battery, but that didn't help. Sometimes stuff is of a poor quality.
    Just switched from trackball to trackpad...love the change.
    01-17-10 07:08 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon because AGAIN I have to get my Tour replaced because of trackball issues. This would be my 4th in 6 months! I told them what an inconvenience this is and that I can't keep replacing Tours, so I suggested the Storm 2. The shut me down =( and said the only thing they can do is send another replacement Tour since my last replacement was in November. Is there anything else I can say to convince them?
    are you having that many problems with the tour. this is useful information as i am looking into getting a tour to replace my curve 8330
    01-17-10 07:09 PM
    hey! i am with you on what your saying... im on my 4th bb s2. they said they will give me another i said no...but did it anyways. im within my 30 days........
    Oh come on, 4 Storms within your 30 day period?
    01-17-10 07:33 PM
    Just keep pushing and they will give you what you want. Customer Service is paid to pacify ...........
    Customer service is there to take care of customers who have sincere, ethical needs. They are also there to protect the company from those who think they are holier than anyone else.
    01-17-10 07:36 PM
    when you call, ask for a supervisor
    That's right! Hey, we miss your whining over navigation!
    01-17-10 07:38 PM
    Welcome to the 18Th of Jan, from this date on, no more new or upgade phns, from now on you all get a fru or you can buy new..................dosnt matter HOW many phns you have sent back
    01-18-10 07:49 AM
    fru=refurb?
    01-18-10 07:55 AM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD