I just got off the phone with Verizon because AGAIN I have to get my Tour replaced because of trackball issues. This would be my 4th in 6 months! I told them what an inconvenience this is and that I can't keep replacing Tours, so I suggested the Storm 2. The shut me down =( and said the only thing they can do is send another replacement Tour since my last replacement was in November. Is there anything else I can say to convince them?
    01-16-10 06:54 PM
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    01-16-10 06:58 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon because AGAIN I have to get my Tour replaced because of trackball issues. This would be my 4th in 6 months! I told them what an inconvenience this is and that I can't keep replacing Tours, so I suggested the Storm 2. The shut me down =( and said the only thing they can do is send another replacement Tour since my last replacement was in November. Is there anything else I can say to convince them?
    The criteria is 3 in 3 months I think.
    01-16-10 06:59 PM
    The criteria is 3 in 3 months I think.
    Don't forget when the planets all align on a first Tuesday of any month!!!
    01-16-10 07:27 PM
    hey! i am with you on what your saying... im on my 4th bb s2. they said they will give me another i said no...but did it anyways. im within my 30 days. i have talked to many verizon wireless locations in omaha, ne and the worst one was 72nd. i even talked to customer service about 5 times. this is what they did for me...i told them bout my issues with the s2. and i told them either i get my money back and cancel my service or i get the phone i want. so they credit me money back and paid my bill for the next following month and they are sending me the phone i want. even though they said they cant and crap like that.. dont let them screw you like the was trying to do me. push them to get what you deserve!!!!!! i have soooo many issues with s2 and customer service.....if you need any help please send me a message and i can help you because i dont like how they treat customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 07:31 PM
    My advice would be to try again. Try, try, try. A lot of the times its just "Who" you talk to.
    01-16-10 07:32 PM
    do you think if I threaten to cancel my contact they'll budge? What number did you call?
    01-16-10 07:37 PM
    i for got to mention also....yo have a 1 year warrenty right? if so you say your on your 4th. well yo have a right to talk to a supervisor and they may just up grade you to a different model. i was told that last night. i was on the phone with customer service for bout 1 hour. like i said they finally did what i wanted because they didnt want to lose me as a customer. plus i didnt want the s2 anymore.. dont get me wrong i love the s2 but i think they have major issues. im going with omnia 2...trying that out.

01-16-10 07:37 PM
    i dialed 611 from my phone...hey let me know if you need anything. because you should get what you want since your going threw all this.

01-16-10 07:38 PM
    i dialed 611 from my phone...hey let me know if you need anything. because you should get what you want since your going threw all this.

right on, thanks
    01-16-10 07:40 PM
    no prob. im ileah by the way...

01-16-10 07:41 PM
    You could order another trackball online.

01-16-10 07:43 PM
    eh i'm really so over the trackball. Really want to give the s2 a try.
    01-16-10 07:44 PM
    Just keep pushing and they will give you what you want. Customer Service is paid to pacify you without giving you anything else. They always say that they can't but they can. KEEP PUSHING!!!
    01-16-10 07:46 PM
    I miss alltel's CS. That's about it though.

01-16-10 07:47 PM
    right on perciousPixie4u! lol like she said keep pushing lol

01-16-10 07:48 PM
    haha u guys rock
    01-16-10 07:51 PM
    lol.. you kick their **** and do what you want haha

01-16-10 07:54 PM
    I went through 6 Tour's in about 4 months for various reasons. I just explained that i like the phone but at this point, I just want something that I can rely on. The offered me the S2. I took it and for the past 2 months have had no issues with it.

Be cool and just keep trying. Threatening won't work and so won't yelling. If you were on the phone, would you want to help someone yelling and demanding? I played it cool, talked to them about other things like the weather where they were and what not, and I got what I wanted.
    01-16-10 09:07 PM
    I went through 6 Tour's in about 4 months for various reasons. I just explained that i like the phone but at this point, I just want something that I can rely on. The offered me the S2. I took it and for the past 2 months have had no issues with it.

Be cool and just keep trying. Threatening won't work and so won't yelling. If you were on the phone, would you want to help someone yelling and demanding? I played it cool, talked to them about other things like the weather where they were and what not, and I got what I wanted.
    I agree...when I give them some "act right", that's what I get back. If not, then I just have a decision to make and I don't threaten and discuss it with the rep. Less lip more trip, I always say.
    01-16-10 09:13 PM
    You could order another trackball online.
    The Tour's trackball is not replaceable like the older BBs are.
    01-16-10 09:57 PM
    Ok I used to be a sales rep for an indirect and this is true fact. In fact I was told if I end up with a 3rd Tour I can then ask for a different model on the 4th. And as a rep would troubleshoot for customers and that is what they are suppose to do.

I suggest you call back and ask to speak to a supervisor and still, even though you are angry, and rightfully so, keep your cool. I have been at that end of the spectrum and it isn't nice to be rude when trying to get something resolved. First of all, it isn't the reps fault. I know they get the brunt of bad tempers, but still isn't right.

You should had been offered another selection on your 4th replacement. I don't understand how they can treat you that way when this is POLICY.

I am sorry for the inconveniences you are having. I am one of the lucky ones. I did have to have a replacement but the 2nd one is doing just fine. ........ knock on wood.

So call them and be polite, but still firm to the facts. You want to speak to a supervisor and then if that doesn't work, you can file a complaint. I have had defective phones before and was given a choice. It is ridiculous not to do it.
    Customer service is what Verizon is proud of and they need to maintain that level of excellence with all their customers and not randomly choose who gets a replacement.

Good luck
    01-16-10 10:56 PM
    They can offer an early upgrade after 6 months if they wanted too. I would go to the store and explain the situation to a manager. Maybe they can help you. I just got my storm 1 replaced with a storm 2 because I had gotten 2 replacements already and I complained. I also know the manager fairly well so he upgraded me at no charge. Just be nice but firm. Good luck.

01-16-10 11:46 PM
    do you think if I threaten to cancel my contact they'll budge? What number did you call?
    No the downside is that they know that they have a better network and that you will be back. I tried that after my 5th storm 1 and the only thing they said was that was my option. It wasn't until after my 10th S1 that they gave me a S2 and reset my NE2, which was fine. I have had this S2 for a few months now with no problems.
    01-17-10 09:58 AM
    when you call, ask for a supervisor directly and tell them that this is not fair that you have all these trackball issues and so many replacements. Tell them you still want a blackberry but you dont want a trackball and would like a storm 2 instead of another tour given the current issue.

If your a long time customer, I dont see how they wont do this. Threatening them may work but only in a reasonable way that makes them look bad. Do it huffing and puffing and I'm sure they wont budge. Make them feel guilty and I think you may get a positive response. The 3 replacement rule is a soft rule and in the end, it is always their discretion. So play it smart and you may just be able to get a Storm 2 out of the problem.

And remember, supervizor ONLY .... plus common sense!
    01-17-10 10:47 AM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD