I have an 8703 and the trackwheel is so loose I need to use the space key instead of the trackwheel when possible. It goes backwards when it's supposed to go forward and is just loose. I brought it to a Verizon store to fix and they said they no longer open phones and I don't want to get a new one. Anyone have this problem?
    05-03-09 01:55 AM
    first, i would call customer service and explain to them what happened, and im sure they will tell you that the person you talked to was mistaken and they can fix it for you. if, on the phone they tell you the same thing, i would include the line "if this is how you treat your customers, i am going elsewhere for my wireless needs".. see if that helps.. sometimes people just need a little prodding
    05-03-09 02:28 AM
    If ya got insurance it shouldn't be a problem. I never had a problem with them fixing a phone when needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 05:38 AM
    It sounds like the guys at the store were saying that "they" (the store) are not allowed to open and physically fix phones anymore which is probably true.

A call to Customer Service is the correct avenue for hardware issues.
    05-03-09 06:58 AM
    Motorcycle is probably guessing the right reason. There's also the point that they won't have parts, and if the failed part is fixed to the circuit board the only realistic fix is to replace. It's not "won't fix" it's "cant fix " for the instore guys.

You need the Service Center.
    05-03-09 07:11 AM
    Or, if you do have insurance,.....you can always do a little more damage to it and make it worth while.Then they would have to replace it.
    05-03-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD