I know this is the wrong place to post this but I was wondering if anyone can help me. I was told by my rep that any download will cost me a fee regardless of what it is. Is he correct? Btw I have the unlimited internet and email. Thanks in advance
    04-16-09 08:08 AM
    @ TwinsX2Dad

You do know that LTE is backward compatible right? Older CDMA and GSM devices will still work just not at the newer speeds.
    If that were the case, we'd not be working on bids for co-locating LTE with CDMA and LTE with GSM.

I know this is the wrong place to post this but I was wondering if anyone can help me. I was told by my rep that any download will cost me a fee regardless of what it is. Is he correct? Btw I have the unlimited internet and email. Thanks in advance
    BlackBerry/WinMo/Palm will not get charged for downloads - except, of course, downloading fee-based apps like the full Docs2Go.

The rep was probably thinking of dumbphone packages where you can only download specific apps for your phone - and most of those are not free.
    04-16-09 08:26 AM
    One other thing, Rocka - VZW CDMA is 800MHz & 1900MHz. Their LTE will be 700MHz. There are no 700MHz GSM deployments. Different radio frequencies don't talk to each other.

Now that doesn't mean there cannot be CDMA or GSM in the 700MHz band - but the existing bands already cover GSM & CDMA and no current CDMA or GSM phones operate in 700MHz.

There are no plans by any carrier to run either existing protocol within the new band.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 08:44 AM
    Now why u wanna go and start some $hit...........
    U are wrong.
    Ignore it Twin..............
    Oh relax. Not trying to start sh1t...just a good ole fashion debate. Why cant folks have an honest debate anymore and keep the name calling out? Its beyond me.
    04-16-09 12:38 PM
    Oh relax. Not trying to start sh1t...just a good ole fashion debate. Why cant folks have an honest debate anymore and keep the name calling out? Its beyond me.
    Well the way u phrased your question.
    " Twins hungry? "
    Thats ok I understand.....
    As far as what I have been reading in this thread.
    VZW looks like the place to be for some time
    to come. So I guess I will be staying.......

Also remembering Twin how u explained the differences between
    1900 and 900; 700 is gonna be the $hit...wow.
    Looking forward to that and the new gadgets that will be coming
    with it.
    Don't want to hijack the thread. I know it may have a lot
    to do with the the Storms performance; but maybe coming out
    with Storm 2 so soon may the network upgrade may be a factor as well.
    That last one me thinking out loud.
    04-16-09 05:20 PM
    Well the way u phrased your question.
    " Twins hungry? "
    Thats ok I understand.....
    As far as what I have been reading in this thread.
    VZW looks like the place to be for some time
    to come. So I guess I will be staying.......

Also remembering Twin how u explained the differences between
    1900 and 900; 700 is gonna be the $hit...wow.
    Looking forward to that and the new gadgets that will be coming
    with it.
    Don't want to hijack the thread. I know it may have a lot
    to do with the the Storms performance; but maybe coming out
    with Storm 2 so soon may the network upgrade may be a factor as well.
    That last one me thinking out loud.
    Lol....just a metaphor my friend. I think VZW is definately the wireless king I just wish that we could use phones from other carriers. Gotta admit....GSM carriers have a pretty sweet selection of phones right now.
    04-17-09 09:47 AM
    Gotta admit....GSM carriers have a pretty sweet selection of phones right now.
    The grass is always greener on top of the septic tank.
    04-17-09 11:49 AM
    Lol....just a metaphor my friend. I think VZW is definately the wireless king I just wish that we could use phones from other carriers. Gotta admit....GSM carriers have a pretty sweet selection of phones right now.
    Oh I agree they do; I am well aware of that. In fact go to this link below and salivate.....................................

PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Handheld Computers Specifications
    04-17-09 12:04 PM
    Oh I agree they do; I am well aware of that. In fact go to this link below and salivate.....................................

PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Handheld Computers Specifications
    I want a Bold so bad but cant sacrifice service for a cool phone. I hope VZW learned their lesson with the Storm and doesnt push the 9630 out before it's cooked. That baby looks really promising!
    04-17-09 05:22 PM
    VZW has exclusive rights to the 700MHz band and there is zero reporting that they will have roaming agreements or even reason to believe they will enter into any with AT&T.
    I'm loving your posts in this thread...totally, but this item is not correct. All the carriers paid big money to buy up the 700MHz licenses to be vacated by TV. Verizon, to my knowledge bought the most (like $11B+ worth?).

Other than that, I rate this thread as follows:
    04-19-09 11:52 AM
    I'm loving your posts in this thread...totally, but this item is not correct. All the carriers paid big money to buy up the 700MHz licenses to be vacated by TV. Verizon, to my knowledge bought the most (like $11B+ worth?).

Other than that, I rate this thread as follows:
    As previously explained, I meant to include C Block in that statement. Apologies for any confusion.

04-19-09 11:56 AM
    I'm expecting VZW to eat Sprint in about a year or so once they have finalized the complete integration of the old AllTell into VZW (minus the divested markets of course). By then the price will probably be half what it is now. IF Pre is as good as they make it out to be they may buy an extra year with it but on single device will save a company in as bad a shape as Sprint is.
    I don't think this will happen. Sprint, soup-to-nuts, is damaged goods at this point. From customer base, to employee base, it wouldn't be worth VZWs headache to integrate.

Not to mention that now that VZW was able to pick up ALLTEL (who had a bigger network than Sprint in terms of area), Sprint has nothing that VZW wants. It would cost VZW less to pick up Sprint customers through attrition than through acquisition.
    04-19-09 11:58 AM
    As previously explained, I meant to include C Block in that statement. Apologies for any confusion.

I missed that post...sorry. I was so excited to read through this whole thing only to see the facts shoot down perception...time-after-time-after-time.
    04-19-09 12:00 PM
    I missed that post...sorry. I was so excited to read through this whole thing only to see the facts shoot down perception...time-after-time-after-time.
    Its okay - I regularly miss a post immediately above the one I quote that explained what I just did.

Sometimes when I post, I am either very tired or I start a post on my BlackBerry, only to work on it in stages. Forgetting to correct an error or even to reread what I wrote is common.

As for the post above yours on the odds of VZW picking up Sprint - I agree totally, but in the current political climate, I wouldn't rule out some form of government pressure to get it done, especially if Sprint goes down much further.

I don't think Dan Hesse is good enough to right the ship. It may be too late, no matter what the Sprint fanboys say to the contrary.

04-19-09 01:05 PM
    sprint price with verizon coverage would be nice.
    04-19-09 02:06 PM
    And thats why I hope At&t and VZW will have a price war..................
    Wishful thinking; but lets stay on topic we don't want this thread closed.
    04-19-09 02:10 PM
    Or, better yet, MetroPCS/Leap price with VZW coverage/service.

04-19-09 02:11 PM
    Or, better yet, MetroPCS/Leap price with VZW coverage/service.

Now that is definitely a pipe dream...............
    But yeah that would be nice.
    04-19-09 02:14 PM
    Bump.........................
    04-23-09 03:04 PM
    It really is a very informative thread; especially trolling
    some forums. Especially the Fruit ones.
    Here is a quote I use;
    What good is a million dollar phone on a 50 cent network.
    04-23-09 04:06 PM
    What good is a million dollar phone on a 50 cent network.
    It is better than a 50 cent phone on a two bit network.

At least you can look good while being screwed.

04-23-09 04:09 PM
    Do u know what speeds AT&T's LTE will be?
    U stated that VZW's will be 700MHz.
    Thanks
    04-27-09 09:06 AM
    Do u know what speeds AT&T's LTE will be?
    U stated that VZW's will be 700MHz.
    Thanks
    700 MHz is the radio band that is being used by Verizon and AT&T for their LTE rollouts. It covers frequencies from 698-806 MHz which was divided in to various blocks and auctioned off. From what I understand, (and may be wrong) depending on what block of spectrum a company won, there isn't much if any variance in terms of speed. Although I do know Verizon was a huge winner in the auction.
    04-27-09 09:24 AM
    700 MHz is the radio band that is being used by Verizon and AT&T for their LTE rollouts. It covers frequencies from 698-806 MHz which was divided in to various blocks and auctioned off. From what I understand, (and may be wrong) depending on what block of spectrum a company won, there isn't much if any variance in terms of speed. Although I do know Verizon was a huge winner in the auction.
    Thanks it was posted that VZW got the entire C block which is the largest and is 700; just curious as to what AT&T will be.
    04-27-09 09:57 AM
    Thanks it was posted that VZW got the entire C block which is the largest and is 700; just curious as to what AT&T will be.
    Gotcha, here is a link to the FCC auction 73. FCC Auction 73 You can view the results of the auction and see what AT&T got. A quick scan I did showed that most of AT&T winning bids were in the B block.
    04-27-09 12:00 PM
143 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD