I had to get my PUK code from GTS (GLOBAL TECH SUPPORT)and after she helped me she asked the normal is there anything else she could help me with and i said yes u can tell them to push out that new OS out ...she said they are still waiting on RIM for it. I then replied they say on crackberry that everyones waiting on Verizon. She said "they always say that" ! Also she added they wont know till the day before it comes out....and she hasnt heard anything today so no update tomorrow.She also owns a storm and is running .132.
    04-30-09 08:49 PM
    I have heard good things about the bootleg or beta copies out there. SHe is coorect though, the reps do not know anyhting when it will be coming out. Just as we know nothing about release dates for the devices.
    04-30-09 08:56 PM
    I have heard good things about the bootleg or beta copies out there. SHe is coorect though, the reps do not know anyhting when it will be coming out. Just as we know nothing about release dates for the devices.
    LR; any idea as to why they keep u guys sooooo in the dark?
    04-30-09 09:29 PM
    I have heard good things about the bootleg or beta copies out there. SHe is correct though, the reps do not know anyhting when it will be coming out. Just as we know nothing about release dates for the devices.

Only the day before.....
    04-30-09 09:29 PM
    LR; any idea as to why they keep u guys sooooo in the dark?
    So we cannot answer the questions like, when is a device going to be released or the new OS coming out. Mainly it is company policy for us not talk to about non-released product.
    04-30-09 09:53 PM
    Only the day before.....
    Sometimes on certain thisngs we will get 2-3 days
    04-30-09 09:54 PM
    So we cannot answer the questions like, when is a device going to be released or the new OS coming out. Mainly it is company policy for us not talk to about non-released product.

Got it thanks; so don't beat up the reps; just following orders.
    04-30-09 11:05 PM
    No one has answered my question yet....so who is it RIM Or Verizon we are waiting on?
    05-01-09 02:58 PM
    Rim .
    05-01-09 03:07 PM
    No one has answered my question yet....so who is it RIM Or Verizon we are waiting on?
    RIM is the one who produces the OS, then Verizon tests it to make sure it's worthwhile ( I guess they missed this step with the original release ), then it's released. But ultimately, RIM has to produce a quality OS that Verizon approves.

Verizon is probably testing this one a lot more in depth, so people aren't like "Oh noes!!?! Verizon released a new update but now my Storm is more of a brick than ever before!?! I hatez youz Verizon!?! Verizon sux0rs so many ballz itz not even funniez!!?!!1one"
    05-01-09 07:43 PM
    This. Plus, if we have to delay the release of a device or software update due to massive failure (which would have likely happened to 4.7.0.75 had the .65 software not been so awful), then we don't want a load of really ticked off people calling with "hey I read your reps posted this date and now it's not here!!!!" ya know?
    05-01-09 10:58 PM
    i just got a update yesterday....that verizon was about release a beta they were testing but found a big glitch in the final stages ...so two more weeks
    05-03-09 12:48 PM
    i just got a update yesterday....that verizon was about release a beta they were testing but found a big glitch in the final stages ...so two more weeks
    should an OS update have been released with a big fat glitch instead?
    05-03-09 01:19 PM
    Don't Worry Bgr Will Let Us Know Whens Its Coming Out!
    05-03-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD