Since when did verizon do away with the VIP program? I got a card in the mail months ago saying I was a VIP and all the benefits saying I could upgrade every year. I went into the store today to see when it would be a year and I was told they did away with the program. That just doesnt seem right. I didnt use insurance thinking I had an upgrade coming. Now I have to use my insurance to get a storm1.
    12-12-09 12:57 AM
    I haven't heard anything about the program being canceled. I'm also a VIP, the 25% off accessories sure will be missed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 01:42 AM
    You don't have to be a VIP to upgrade every year. I'm not VIP, and I upgrade every April.

12-12-09 06:56 AM
    You are entitled to an early upgrade if your plan is more than 59.99 a month, and that's each plan the secondary phones do not get the same option.

12-12-09 07:10 AM
    Since when did verizon do away with the VIP program? I got a card in the mail months ago saying I was a VIP and all the benefits saying I could upgrade every year. I went into the store today to see when it would be a year and I was told they did away with the program. That just doesnt seem right. I didnt use insurance thinking I had an upgrade coming. Now I have to use my insurance to get a storm1.
    If you have a Pearl, how are you going to "use your insurance to get a storm1"?
    12-12-09 07:11 AM
    If you have a Pearl, how are you going to "use your insurance to get a storm1"?
    I just forgot to update my profile.
    12-12-09 09:16 AM
    You don't have to be a VIP to upgrade every year. I'm not VIP, and I upgrade every April.

How do you go about doing this? Not gonna be able to last using this storm til next august.
    12-12-09 09:18 AM
    Just go into your local VZW direct store, and ask for an early upgrade if you are paying more than $60/mo for your service. They should give it to you.

I also am a VIP. I still got the discount and everything. I bought a case a few weeks ago and got 25% off...
    12-12-09 02:13 PM
    What silenttt123 said, its called an early upgrade. The $59 or more per month is just your plan, not your plan and all the add ons. They will charge you $20 to do it, and you can't use your NE2. And you have to sign a new 1 or 2 year contract. You will get the phone for the price they offer it for the contract you sign.

12-13-09 07:19 AM
    I think its not really worth it to do it after 12 months when if you wait another six, you can use the NE2 credit. Mine is $100 so that ends up covering almost the whole upgrade price of whatever phone I decide to get. Plus, you don't have to pay the fee for upgrading early

12-13-09 08:41 AM
    I was on the phone with a rep a few days ago and they were telling me about all the benefits of the plan. No way they got rid of it.
    12-13-09 01:07 PM
    The VIP Program is definitely still active, at the end of February every, the VIP Program has an enrollment period... And if you qualify at that point, you will become a VIP...

If someone told you it was done away with, they were wrong...
    12-13-09 04:11 PM
    I emailed verizon and got a response right away saying that I was still a VIP and the employee was wrong and I have the early upgrade next week. Only if I had done this before I used my insurance on friday.
    12-14-09 12:00 AM
    The VIP status does effect the early upgrade you get 50 off AND the 20 upgrade fee is waived. Using your insurance won't disqualify you either. Maybe now that you have a good storm again you can get another smart phone like a droid or a winmo phone and they switch off with the storm using both phones. Maybe make the storm and its push email your weekday phone and say the droid your weekend fun phone.

12-14-09 12:16 AM
    I think its not really worth it to do it after 12 months when if you wait another six, you can use the NE2 credit. Mine is $100 so that ends up covering almost the whole upgrade price of whatever phone I decide to get. Plus, you don't have to pay the fee for upgrading early

You have to wait eight.
    12-14-09 01:01 AM
    Really? Did that change recently? Everytime I go into vzw they tell me the upgrade is eligible after 18 months from the contract renewal.. I thought anyway...

I want to get another BB to play with. Like a bold or something but I don't want to get another plan.. Nor do I want to pay full retail for a BB lol maybe a curve?

12-14-09 01:43 AM
    Wb is correct (he should know he works for them) its 20 months on a 2 year contract and 10 months on a 1 year to be eligible for discounts and ne2.

12-14-09 02:22 AM
    Odd. I haven't asked about it in like four years so maybe I'm not remembering correctly. It would make sense.

Still, I would rather wait the right months and get the NE2 credit. And besides, that gives a decent amount of time for most of the bugs to be worked out of the new bb's lol

12-14-09 03:06 AM
    Odd. I haven't asked about it in like four years so maybe I'm not remembering correctly. It would make sense.

Still, I would rather wait the right months and get the NE2 credit. And besides, that gives a decent amount of time for most of the bugs to be worked out of the new bb's lol

not at the current rate......they seem to get worse and take longer to fix. My trackball is being stupid right now.....
    12-14-09 09:21 AM
    Sometimes Verizon will move your update closer WHEN you are close, so you COULD start bugging them at 18 months, they might move you up. I've been moved up a few times.
    12-14-09 02:14 PM
    What silenttt123 said, its called an early upgrade. The $59 or more per month is just your plan, not your plan and all the add ons. They will charge you $20 to do it, and you can't use your NE2. And you have to sign a new 1 or 2 year contract. You will get the phone for the price they offer it for the contract you sign.

The VIP program gave you a $50 instead of your NE2
    12-15-09 05:36 AM
    I'm pretty sure the $50 credit WAS the NE2...

Mine was always $100, not $50
    12-15-09 12:30 PM
    I can confirm the VIP program is coming to an end on 2/28/2010.
    12-15-09 01:35 PM
    I can confirm the VIP program is coming to an end on 2/28/2010.
    Why. Why are they ending it??

I like my discount on accesories
    12-15-09 02:38 PM
    Why. Why are they ending it??

I like my discount on accesories
    Money issues I'm assuming.
    12-15-09 02:53 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD