I need to know will the Tour from Verizon work on US Cellular? The Verizon people all say yes, but I'm not getting any straight foward answers from USC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 04:57 PM
    That's because it's USCC's policy to not activate phones that are not USCC branded or were not sourced from them.

You'd have to activate it surreptitiously.

11-29-09 05:13 PM
    And how would one do so?

11-29-09 05:18 PM
    And how would one do so?

Activate it over the phone and tell them it's a USCC Tour. Occassionally stuff doesn't work right when you do this (text, data, etc) but sometimes it works fine.

11-29-09 05:31 PM
    I chance I may not want to take...

11-29-09 08:00 PM
    Do you have ready access to a VZW version but not a USCC version or something?
    11-29-09 09:41 PM
    I have an oppurtunity to get a new one but its from Verizon itd b a gift I'm not eligable for the free phone since I got my curve back in march so that was the dilemma for me. Thought I'd check first.

11-29-09 10:32 PM
    The two problems are due to the way CDMA carriers track phones.

First, MEID/ESN numbers are registered to the carrier. Each carrier has a database of phones. The trick is getting the phone unregistered with one carrier and onto the other. Second, the phone is flashed with carrier specs. Sometimes, you can get a carrier to reflash the phone, but that is probably much harder to do than getting the database change done. If the phone isn't reflashed, then you might have problems like texting not working, or the phone being in roaming mode when local...

11-29-09 10:33 PM
    I do this many times a month. The Verizon phone will easly work with USCC.

It is very easy and simple. Just call USCC and say you would like to put this USCC Tour on your line. The TRICK is you have to humor the rep. that you get on the phone so they do not catch on.

The rep will ask you for the ESN/DEC. number to the device give it to them and their system will read it now here is where it gets tricky as stated above some ESNs are locked to certain providers so even though you told the rep. you would like to place this USCC Tour on your line if the rep says to you do is this by chance a 8330 or a 8830 whichever they say to you.

You reply with I am sorry my mistake you are right. Because, that is what there system is showing up the ESN has. The only downside to that is that your insurance is no good on your device.

Once they have it in there system they will say now dial *228.

(YOU will not be able to do this because the phone is locked to Verizon network still)

Thank the rep for her/his help and say my I have my MSID number the second phone number to your settings if it is different then your cell phone number.

Again HUMOR the rep., and say the *228 worked just fine I am up and running now thank you for all your help and I have to go now.

Once you have hung up with the USCC rep. take your Verizon blackberry tour and push ##123456 send the program menu will pop up.

On the first line type your uscc phone number, on the second line type your MSID if it is different then your cell phone number again you already asked the rep for it and should have it wrote down.

After that stroll down you will see the data section of the programming which will have some type of phone number or something @vzw3g.com or something like that.

On that line change it to your phone number area code first @uscc.com

If that does not work go back into programming and try your MSID if the number is different @uscc.com

Save the changes and reboot the phone.

It take up to four hours. But Holy S*it Batman you have a working Verizon Blackberry Tour on USCC, and no one will ever know your dirty little secret.

Just to recap the only downsides to this USCC nor Verizon will offer tech support for this phone cause is USCC database shows it as a 8330 or 8830 the opitions and what not are all different and you will be caught and shut off. The second thing is you can not carry insurance cause you if make a claim and return it you will be caught red handed turning in a "step-child" tour, and also you might not get tour from the insurance company if USCC system reads 8330 or 8830, BUT if it reads tour and you carry insurance and something happens ALWAYS say you "lost it" that you do not have to return the "hacked" device back.

Hope this helps you.
    11-30-09 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD