my contract ends in may of 2009. i really want the new 8900 or some other phone such as the bold. i want to switch to either att or tmobile, so can i do that earlier than may? what can i do to end my contract with paying the early termination fee? can i negotiate with verizon?

Has anybody done this?
    01-31-09 03:57 PM
    the only way you can get out of your contract early is to tell them your coverage sucks. or that you have moved to a place where you get no service. but you had better know where before calling in and then they may ask for proof. I did it with T-Mo and went to Verizon
    01-31-09 04:15 PM
    Just wait till May 09 if worse comes to worse... It's not really that much longer to wait. I say just wait it up or maybe consider getting the Storm which is a decent phone. I doubt you'll get out early but they may not charge as much for early termination since not much time is left. Call and ask.
    01-31-09 04:29 PM
    the only way you can get out of your contract early is to tell them your coverage sucks. or that you have moved to a place where you get no service. but you had better know where before calling in and then they may ask for proof. I did it with T-Mo and went to Verizon
    well i always get a lot of bars lol.

how will they know that i get good service though and how can they get proof?
    02-01-09 12:12 AM
    I would wait until May also. Couple reasons why. When the new curve comes out its bound to have a few minor bugs so by the time your ready in May most of the issues will be figured out. And the phone might be cheaper, not that it really matters in your case since you'll get a discount for startng up. As far as signal goes I can't really say Tmo is best where I am. The price beats verizon hands down and the customer service too. It works good for me because of the UMA features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 08:33 AM
    Do what my Mom did when you want to cancel. Tell them "Oh, I'm going through a terrible divorce and I just can't afford cell phone service anymore..." They only charged us 50 bucks! She's a good liar....
    02-01-09 09:59 AM
    well i always get a lot of bars lol.

how will they know that i get good service though and how can they get proof?
    If you get good service then they won't let you out. The best way to know where to "move" to is to look @ their coverage map an pick and area that has no coverage and say you moved there.
    02-01-09 12:00 PM
    The Niagara (CDMA Bold) is supposedly coming out on Verizon around May, but the release could very well be delayed.
    02-01-09 02:45 PM
    8900 still runs on EDGE, not worth the switch.
    02-06-09 11:41 AM
    unless you want to port your number just drop down to the lowest available plan and wait for the contract to expire. you will have 2 numbers for a few months but if you cant wait i guess thats an option.
    02-06-09 12:02 PM
    Do what my Mom did when you want to cancel. Tell them "Oh, I'm going through a terrible divorce and I just can't afford cell phone service anymore..." They only charged us 50 bucks! She's a good liar....
    If you get good service then they won't let you out. The best way to know where to "move" to is to look @ their coverage map an pick and area that has no coverage and say you moved there.
    These two sound like good ideas.

I played around with the new curve today in the T-Mobile store and I loved it. Would really like one. Only downside I guess is that it doesn't have 3G. It has WiFi though so that's all I need.

Do I have to get the data plan?
    02-12-09 06:08 PM
    ...^^^^^^^^
    02-13-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD