Plans and prices are comparable. Go to a store and chek it out
    I'll check the phones out at the store, but will do the purchase online.
    11-13-09 10:29 AM
    location location location, tha ant be stressed enough, because phones will come. as for the phones in the terms of blackberry devices i would head for att if you want that new bold 9700 if your fine with the storm then verizon is definitly the place to be im not sure what other berries they have besids the storm. but again location location location. to my knowledge and being a verizon member their service for me has been generally solid everywhere, but thats just in my own opinion!!!
    11-13-09 10:35 AM
    location location location, tha ant be stressed enough, because phones will come. as for the phones in the terms of blackberry devices i would head for att if you want that new bold 9700 if your fine with the storm then verizon is definitly the place to be im not sure what other berries they have besids the storm. but again location location location. to my knowledge and being a verizon member their service for me has been generally solid everywhere, but thats just in my own opinion!!!
    That's where I'm stuck. I'm going to want that beefy 9700 and ATT will only carry it. I wouldn't mind going with VZ, but the phone selection isn't so hot.
    11-13-09 10:44 AM
    Ok, so my contract with AT&T is about up and I'm reading this, that, and the other about moving to Verizon; about how much better their coverage is, etc... I see they've got some nice BB and now there is talk that a possible iPhone is in the works with them as well. Thoughts on changing networks? I've been a loyal AT&T customer for well over a decade. Is Verizon that much better quality and service or is it all hype? I'd love some input on the topic.

Thanks all!
    Hands down. VZ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 10:47 AM
    See, the 9700 is going to come out and I'm going to want that. I don't know if the Storm is what I want. I'm not fully on board with the touchscreen deal. I know ppl with iPhones that love them and I've played around with the iPhone and frankly, I hate that thing. I'd toss it into the street if I could. Why can't AT&T get this act together and do something about their crappy network. This isn't right. But you are correct, they aren't loyal to me, so why be loyal to them, right? Lots to think about.
    you could always jump to t mobile that uma they are running over their is pretty proficient i liked it a lot when i was trying out the 8520, it was great for when you couldnt get good service in your house or where ever but had wifi.
    11-13-09 10:48 AM
    That's where I'm stuck. I'm going to want that beefy 9700 and ATT will only carry it. I wouldn't mind going with VZ, but the phone selection isn't so hot.
    Understandable...but what good does it make to have a device that is crippled because of the network? I have friend who is constantly asking to borow my phone because his 9000 won't have service or drops the call. To me that is unacceptable.
    11-13-09 10:48 AM
    well here is the thing with that and im not defending t mobile because i dont use t mobile or anything i run on verizon, but a good point is that the 9700 will be designed and taylored to run on their network meaning the edge and 3g will work way better then a bold that was not built for t mobile. when i was using my 8520 i always had service except at home but i had wifi so it didnt matter i was well connected. and maybe i am defending them a little lol, but yea im sure because his phone was not fit to be on that network played a major part in that
    11-13-09 10:53 AM
    well here is the thing with that and im not defending t mobile because i dont use t mobile or anything i run on verizon, but a good point is that the 9700 will be designed and taylored to run on their network meaning the edge and 3g will work way better then a bold that was not built for t mobile. when i was using my 8520 i always had service except at home but i had wifi so it didnt matter i was well connected. and maybe i am defending them a little lol, but yea im sure because his phone was not fit to be on that network played a major part in that
    So wait, the 9000 was never designed for ATT? Then why the **** do they have it? That is my chief complaint. The reception/phone quality sucks. Otherwise, everything else is fine.
    11-13-09 11:04 AM
    hahaha no no no i read the post wrong and thought the guy above me was referring to his friend using a 9000 on t mobile lol sorry
    11-13-09 11:07 AM
    hahaha no no no i read the post wrong and thought the guy above me was referring to his friend using a 9000 on t mobile lol sorry
    Then you post before last doesn't make sense. I'm confused now.
    11-13-09 11:09 AM
    Then you post before last doesn't make sense. I'm confused now.
    the guy above me had said his friend was always complaining about service but i did not realzie he was saying he was complaining about att service i thought he was talking about t mobile, and that his friend had a bb on t mobile. so i in turn said well thats why your friend had bad service because he was using a bold on the t mobile network and the 9000 bold wasnt designed for t mobile it was designed for att. but again im sorry because i was totally wrong and the guy was trying to say att had bad service do you kind of sorta understand now, imsorry for the confusion lol
    11-13-09 11:12 AM
    I had cingular for a year and went back to verizon....the prices are virtually the same for both networks. I pay a bit more on verizon because I like knowing I have coverage everywhere I go (except for a few spots). ATT is good, but verizon IS that much better, at least in the Northeast.
    11-13-09 11:16 AM
    I am in the same situation as you, I have had the Bold on ATT and love the phone it does everything i need it to very well. However the one thing I would like to have is the larger screen of the Storm.

So I have purchased an S2 on Verizion to try out to see if I like it that much better to want to switch. I�m in the Seattle area and both ATT and Verizion seem to have it covered pretty well. I haven�t noticed much difference in coverage or speed between either carrier.

My biggest dilemma is that I still have a year left with ATT, I really like the larger screen of the S2, and I�m trying to justify paying the early termination fee to switch to Verizon. So the network, device and service need to be that much better in order to justify the move.

I have had a hard time giving up my Bold in the past, it�s a great phone and I actually like the larger size of it compared to some of the other BB�s.
    11-13-09 11:21 AM
    the guy above me had said his friend was always complaining about service but i did not realzie he was saying he was complaining about att service i thought he was talking about t mobile, and that his friend had a bb on t mobile. so i in turn said well thats why your friend had bad service because he was using a bold on the t mobile network and the 9000 bold wasnt designed for t mobile it was designed for att. but again im sorry because i was totally wrong and the guy was trying to say att had bad service do you kind of sorta understand now, imsorry for the confusion lol
    Gotcha, no worries.
    11-13-09 11:29 AM
    I have had VZ since the dawn or time (it seems) and I have no problems with it (I use a BB 8330). I have heard that the Bold is a great phone unless you want to use the phone feature.

Good luck on your choice, you do have the 30 days with VZ to change your mind.
    11-13-09 11:40 AM
    i have att in northeast it works just fine .my service is good .very rare dropped call sound is great very clear .and i like their choice of phones.i want wifi not touch screen.don't do touch screens.i am ready to upgrade bb all the way .just don't know if i want 8900 or will wait for 9700.i thought of switching to verizon ,used to have them,but i don't like their choices of bb phones.
    11-13-09 11:52 AM
    I don't know much about AT&T, but I have been with VZ for 7 years and there service and customer service is next to none.

I could be in the basement of my firehouse and still get a signal, or in the bathroom surrounded by three walls on concrete and I can still talk to my wife.

Another good story about VZ is in the month of November, about 3 years ago I changed something to my calling plan, and being a government employee I am supose to get a discount with that, well that discount was forgotten to be added into the plan. Six months later I get a call from VZ telling me that there has been a error in my billing, and that VZ owes me about $100 and that it would be credited on my next bill and it was!

I'm sold on VZ
    11-13-09 02:33 PM
    Everyone's story will be different because of location and phone. I personally left Verizon for AT&T about 5 years ago. I have excellent coverage everywhere I go, even inside the hospital I work in while my Verizon friends get none. But how does that help you? Use the 30 day return policy and check it out for yourself.
    11-13-09 03:16 PM
    I use VZW and my wife's on ATT....we both pay $150 a month but I get more reliable service whereas her's is ok 90% of the time....she uses the Bold, I the S1....

You really should look at coverage and not devices when choosing a network....look where you use your phone the most and see who provides better coverage in those spots. If you want to stick with ATT, they have a "hotspot" option as well:

AT&T 3G MicroCell™

It adds $20 to your bill but you get to keep your service and get more bars in more places
    11-13-09 03:28 PM
    If you need to make a descision on which service is better remember that " vzw has a map for that" you can always go with a tour 9630.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 07:19 PM
    I read an article today about the public response to the Verizon vs. AT&T ads.

Apparently, it's working in Verizon's favor as customer buzz has skyrocket for Verizon.
    11-13-09 07:43 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD