Ok, so my contract with AT&T is about up and I'm reading this, that, and the other about moving to Verizon; about how much better their coverage is, etc... I see they've got some nice BB and now there is talk that a possible iPhone is in the works with them as well. Thoughts on changing networks? I've been a loyal AT&T customer for well over a decade. Is Verizon that much better quality and service or is it all hype? I'd love some input on the topic.

Thanks all!
    11-13-09 09:18 AM
    Generally Verizon is better for me, but ATT is also good. A lot depends on your location.
    11-13-09 09:22 AM
    Generally Verizon is better for me, but ATT is also good. A lot depends on your location.
    I'm in Colorado and most times I'm on a call, I get called failed. This can happen 2-3 times a day. Other than that, I'm good. But it's the call quality that sucks tremendously.
    11-13-09 09:23 AM
    If you are already paying the price for ATT then why not just come over to the VZW side of things. You WILL get better service for just about the same price!
    11-13-09 09:24 AM
    Verizon's overall coverage is better. But for some reason I have a very unreliable signal in my house. No problem with either AT&T or Tmo. You need to try Verizon out for yourself, if you have no problems, go with them! (I am in Central NJ, by the way.)
    11-13-09 09:31 AM
    VZ no question! I switched to AT&T when the original iphone came out and i couldnt take the service and i live in Manhattan. Try it, it is like night and day and if turns out that you don't like it, you can cancel the service within 30 days no problem.
    11-13-09 09:33 AM
    VZ no question! I switched to AT&T when the original iphone came out and i couldnt take the service and i live in Manhattan. Try it, it is like night and day and if turns out that you don't like it, you can cancel the service within 30 days no problem.
    Really? Wow. Gosh, I feel like a scab changing networks because I've been a long-time and loyal AT&T customer. But if all you folks are saying VZ is better, then maybe it's time to go.

Next question, which BB? I have my Bold now and I adore that phone. Thoughts here?
    11-13-09 09:35 AM
    A lot depends on your location.
    PK, as always, is correct.
    For me, in the Northeast, Verizon is the only choice for reliable signal strength and good call quality.
    Depending upon your location your experience may be different, but if you're dropping calls with AT&T it might be worth it to try out VZW.
    11-13-09 09:39 AM
    Really? Wow. Gosh, I feel like a scab changing networks because I've been a long-time and loyal AT&T customer. But if all you folks are saying VZ is better, then maybe it's time to go.

Next question, which BB? I have my Bold now and I adore that phone. Thoughts here?

Vzw might not be for you, but it might be great for you. You just have to try it and see and if it doesnt work out for ya then just go back to att.

As for phones...maybe check out the tour or try out the storm 2. Go to the store and test them both out before choosing.
    11-13-09 09:39 AM

The bold was my last device on AT&T and i loved it. My decision to switch back came when i was trying to help someone with directions and some other person came with a LG phone and blew me out of the water with their speed. I was like wait a minute isn't AT&T the "fastest 3g network out there". Nope, VZ is.

The bold is great...awesome but it's no good with AT&T. The Tour is very similar if not almost identical, i think you'll love it a lot more cuz of the network.
    11-13-09 09:40 AM
    Vzw might not be for you, but it might be great for you. You just have to try it and see and if it doesnt work out for ya then just go back to att.

As for phones...maybe check out the tour or try out the storm 2. Go to the store and test them both out before choosing.
    Thanks everyone. I'm checking out their plans now where I get the Storm 2 (don't know how that compares to the Bold) and I get a 2nd device free (was thinking the netbook). However, there is the rub. If I get unlimited everything for the phone, it's about $150. I would then need to add an additional line for my mom and get her a phone. It's definitely pricier than AT&T, but then again, this is unlimited everything which I don't have with AT&T.
    11-13-09 09:42 AM
    Thanks everyone. I'm checking out their plans now where I get the Storm 2 (don't know how that compares to the Bold) and I get a 2nd device free (was thinking the netbook). However, there is the rub. If I get unlimited everything for the phone, it's about $150. I would then need to add an additional line for my mom and get her a phone. It's definitely pricier than AT&T, but then again, this is unlimited everything which I don't have with AT&T.
    Remember 900 mins = 5 friends and family to talk to unlimited.
    1400 = 10 friends and family to talk to unlimited
    &remember you may have some friends on vzw!
    11-13-09 09:44 AM
    The bold was my last device on AT&T and i loved it. My decision to switch back came when i was trying to help someone with directions and some other person came with a LG phone and blew me out of the water with their speed. I was like wait a minute isn't AT&T the "fastest 3g network out there". Nope, VZ is.

The bold is great...awesome but it's no good with AT&T. The Tour is very similar if not almost identical, i think you'll love it a lot more cuz of the network.
    DCgore, you're breaking my heart. Who knew I could be so attached to a stupid network, never mind the phone. I'm in love with my Bold and making that transition seems painful (I'm sure you all think I'm nuts, but this isn't an easy decision). Wow, VZ really is that much better. So I can try it out for 30 days? If I don't like it, do I get my money back? And can they port my beloved phone number? Ugh, I'm such a wuss!
    11-13-09 09:45 AM
    No reason to be loyal to the carriers; they are not loyal to you. Special deals? They all go to new customers. I know VZ has some type of deal if you have been with them for 2 years...maybe it's if you've had the same phone, but it's only $50.

I've been always been with ATT (SWBell, Cingular, ATT), and was ready to make the switch to VZ. When I priced 2 BB storms, one with BES, one with BIS, it would cost me about $50 more a month than my BB and iPhone on ATT with comparable plans. This makes no sense to me that the disparity would be so much, but I've checked online and in the store with the same results.

I can't foot that, so I'm stuck with ATT. Hoping the bold 9700 satisfies my cravings, but I was really eager to use the BB Storm 2. Maybe some day ATT will have a touchscreen BB.
    11-13-09 09:47 AM
    No reason to be loyal to the carriers; they are not loyal to you. Special deals? They all go to new customers. I know VZ has some type of deal if you have been with them for 2 years...maybe it's if you've had the same phone, but it's only $50.

I've been always been with ATT (SWBell, Cingular, ATT), and was ready to make the switch to VZ. When I priced 2 BB storms, one with BES, one with BIS, it would cost me about $50 more a month than my BB and iPhone on ATT with comparable plans. This makes no sense to me that the disparity would be so much, but I've checked online and in the store with the same results.

I can't foot that, so I'm stuck with ATT. Hoping the bold 9700 satisfies my cravings, but I was really eager to use the BB Storm 2. Maybe some day ATT will have a touchscreen BB.
    See, the 9700 is going to come out and I'm going to want that. I don't know if the Storm is what I want. I'm not fully on board with the touchscreen deal. I know ppl with iPhones that love them and I've played around with the iPhone and frankly, I hate that thing. I'd toss it into the street if I could. Why can't AT&T get this act together and do something about their crappy network. This isn't right. But you are correct, they aren't loyal to me, so why be loyal to them, right? Lots to think about.
    11-13-09 09:51 AM
    DCgore, you're breaking my heart. Who knew I could be so attached to a stupid network, never mind the phone. I'm in love with my Bold and making that transition seems painful (I'm sure you all think I'm nuts, but this isn't an easy decision). Wow, VZ really is that much better. So I can try it out for 30 days? If I don't like it, do I get my money back? And can they port my beloved phone number? Ugh, I'm such a wuss!
    Yeah, you can try it for 30 days, they'll give you ur money back and can go back to AT&T if you'd like. How can you not switch to something that is far better? you'll get the same services but enhanced or like should be and of course you can port your number over.
    I personatelly have a 212 number which is virtually impossible to get these days...in fact some girl told me this one day that because of that i belong in a museum.

Just do it.
    11-13-09 09:53 AM
    Yeah, you can try it for 30 days, they'll give you ur money back and can go back to AT&T if you'd like. How can you not switch to something that is far better? you'll get the same services but enhanced or like they should be and of course you can port your number over.
    I personatelly have a 212 number which is virtually impossible to get these days...in fact some girl told me this one day that because of that i belong in a museum.

Just do it.
    How does the Strom2 or the Tour compare to the Bold?
    11-13-09 09:54 AM
    I have had both...the Tour the vitual imagine of the bold, just a little smaller. Same keyboard and layout...i think this is it for you.
    I currently have the storm2 and i really like it but my gut just tells me that this might not be for you. If you feel or been curious about touch screens, this is a good product.
    11-13-09 09:58 AM
    If you like Wi-Fi, get the Storm2. The Tour does not have Wi-Fi.

The Tour is more like the size of the 8900, smaller than the 9000. The new 9700 is also similar in size to the 8900.
    11-13-09 10:00 AM
    I have had both...the Tour the vitual imagine of the bold, just a little smaller. Same keyboard and layout...i think this is it for you.
    I currently have the storm2 and i really like it but my gut just tells me that this might not be for you. If you feel or been curious about touch screens, this is a good product.
    I'm telling you, I hate the iPhone. People think I'm nuts, but I'm a loyal BB user. I think you are right that a touch screen isn't for me. So the Tour and Bold are basically the same? I read somewhere about a significant difference. Maybe I'm confused.
    11-13-09 10:04 AM
    If you like Wi-Fi, get the Storm2. The Tour does not have Wi-Fi.

The Tour is more like the size of the 8900, smaller than the 9000. The new 9700 is also similar in size to the 8900.
    That's it!! That's the diff. I must have wi-fi. Why no wi-fi? WTH?
    11-13-09 10:04 AM
    There will be a new device with a QWERTY keyboard coming out eventually on Verizon that has Wi-Fi. It is going to be called the Essex (basically a Tour with Wi-Fi). But no release date has been set yet.
    11-13-09 10:06 AM
    At first because of marketing and revenue for VZ but the network is so fast and to vast that i have never had to use wi-fi. As i said before, try it and you'll see what you have been missing out.
    From now on all VZ bberrys will come with WI-FI fyi
    11-13-09 10:07 AM
    There will be a new device with a QWERTY keyboard coming out eventually on Verizon that has Wi-Fi. It is going to be called the Essex (basically a Tour with Wi-Fi). But no release date has been set yet.
    Then maybe I should wait for that. But isn't my bill going to be huge with having a 2nd line and phone on there (need it for my mom).
    11-13-09 10:09 AM
    Plans and prices are comparable. Go to a store and chek it out
    11-13-09 10:27 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD