I've been dying to try out the storm line (and the threads and everything aside), but switching to big red isn't an option for me (I like my low bill with sprint) but it seems that their exclusiveness would have run out so other carriers could start carrying this?

Is it going to end anytime in the foreseeable future or are they locked in for a long time until they (vzn) releases it. And with the S3 possibly on the horizon it seems most unlikely in my mind, but hey we can hope�maybe? just a thought.
    06-30-10 09:17 AM
    Rumor has it, that the Storm3 will be an LTE device and LTE devices will be able to be used on other LTE carrier and IF (BIG IF here), IF Sprint ever puts up an LTE network, then you'll be able to unlock your Storm3 (or get an unlocked S3) and put it on Sprints LTE network. Too many IFs and rumors in this posts thou, so don't hold your breath for ANY length of time, AND bear in mind that Sprint has already started to roll out another 4G WiMax network, so it's unlikely they will go LTE, BUT you never know.
    06-30-10 09:24 AM
    Verizon isn't Stupid, I suspect as long as they can keep the Storm an Exclusive they will,

I would bet that if Verizon did get the iPhone 4 in the new year, you'd See RIM start moving the Storm out for GSM and other CDMA providers, if Verizon doesn't get the iPhone 4, I think RIM will leave them with exclusivity on the next Storm release to help battle the iPhone4,

though this is ofcourse speculation since Verizon does seem to have a woody for Android devices to fight the iPhone right now, with the S3 change that? it remains to be seen
    06-30-10 09:28 AM
    unfortunatly I'm thinking the LTE won't be coming sprint's way, and don't even know if I would like the storm line but I wanted to give it a try see what it was all about. no biggie, was just wondering how long they would have their hold on it. could always cross the fingers for a cdma torch 6-8 after ATT gets it

and yes agree, they're not stupid, why let the cash cow go if your making money off it.
    06-30-10 09:31 AM
    Sprint is on Wimax for 4G aren't they? This would mean S3 on sprint is a no go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 09:56 AM
    After reading 234902378423 threads about people complaining about the storm, why would you want to try it?

There are many other Blackberry options that work very well. As far as Sprint goes....I cant believe you are happy with them. Yeah your bill may be a little lower but how is the service? Or how is the customer service? You have to pay to play as the saying goes...
    06-30-10 10:12 AM
    The Storm 2 isn't bad at all.
    06-30-10 11:50 AM
    I have the S2 - it works great for me. The S3 is going to be a monumental leap for RIM. I can't imagine VZW giving up exclusivity. They may be sweaty in the sheets with the little robots right now, but the S3 will be the consumer device to beat when it gets released on Black Friday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 01:20 PM
    unfortunatly I'm thinking the LTE won't be coming sprint's way, and don't even know if I would like the storm line but I wanted to give it a try see what it was all about. no biggie, was just wondering how long they would have their hold on it. could always cross the fingers for a cdma torch 6-8 after ATT gets it

and yes agree, they're not stupid, why let the cash cow go if your making money off it.
    Now THAT is a whole other rumor. Yes some say Sprint will be getting the Slider after ATT's period of exclusivity expires.
    06-30-10 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD