A friend of mine wants to swap an Alltel 8330 to Sprint. Verizon won't let him activate it which is just messed up in my mind. Is there a ROM we can flash his phone with to make it a Sprint phone? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
    10-18-09 07:20 PM
    Short answer. No.
    10-18-09 08:47 PM
    Also the long answer :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 09:19 PM
    So, even though the ROM is on BB's site, it can't be unlocked and flashed? I mean thank you for the quick response, but just can't imagine why this isn't plausible? I am new to playing with BB's, just trying to understand, not questioning you...
    10-18-09 09:22 PM
    Please direct me to the "long answer",
    10-18-09 09:24 PM
    My first time answering in a while here

But it wont happen because CDMA carriers like Sprint, Verizon and Altel only allow ESN codes that are in their system, hence verizon has XYZ sprint has has there own set and altel the same......so there is not much you can do with that sorry
    10-18-09 09:37 PM
    Ok, well thank you both. I guess he will have to buy a new one then. He bought it from Alltel 3 weeks before the change and now Verizon won't activate it. So that is why he is dumping Verizon.
    10-19-09 05:52 AM
    Sprint is a digital network, you can't take a phone from another digital network and activate it on a different one. It is impossible as the ESN is not registered on the network, Sorry.
    10-19-09 07:14 AM
    "Long Answer" :-)
    Since Sprint and Verizon both use CDMA technology, the phones would technically be compatible on each others' networks. But by policy, neither carrier will recognize or allow a device branded to another carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD