While this may be correct. VZW will never be as cheap as Sprint. If you are looking at the bottom line only and Sprint works well for you, then enjoy the serivce.
    Coverage and reliability are always my first concern. I considered jumping ship for the Nexus One until I saw my price increase, not worth it at all.

I've been with Sprint for 10+ years, travel across the country, Canada and Mexico and have never had an issue with service. So yeah, it works for me and is reliable.
    01-16-10 10:18 AM
    I have had both sprint and Verizon. I gladly pay more for better customer service and reliable service. I always had dropped calls and shotty service on sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 10:19 AM
    Just a word in factoring discounts......... I have a 20 percent discount through work and it doesn't apply to any secondary lines. Only primary. Your discount may be setup differently though.

01-16-10 12:52 PM
    @ERDude, I liked the price of service from Sprint and all of the free extras. Sadly the coverage in my area is sub par. AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile have very poor coverage in my area so I'm stuck with the overpriced Verizon option... even though I seem to have a lot of issues where people are told my number has been changed or disconnected with they call me... even though it's working fine..lol
    01-16-10 01:03 PM
    Sprint has good prices, but there coverage is average at best. I had sprint, and in the Cleveland area, it was a hit or miss as far as coverage goes. I could never rely on coverage with Sprint.

I switched to Verizon and now have coverage anywhere I go and I never have trust issues anymore with coverage as its always there.

Like the saying goes.... you pay for what you get
    01-16-10 01:25 PM
    Just a word in factoring discounts......... I have a 20 percent discount through work and it doesn't apply to any secondary lines. Only primary. Your discount may be setup differently though.

With Sprint my 25% discount covers all recurring costs on my account, whether it's the base plan or add-ons.

So based on what you're telling me my savings on Sprint are even greater.

As I said before you should always select your carrier based on coverage in the areas you frequent most after that it's up to you whether cost or phone selection is more important.
    01-16-10 02:14 PM
    With Sprint my 25% discount covers all recurring costs on my account, whether it's the base plan or add-ons.

So based on what you're telling me my savings on Sprint are even greater.

As I said before you should always select your carrier based on coverage in the areas you frequent most after that it's up to you whether cost or phone selection is more important.
    Exactly. Different carriers have different discount rates. Sprint with my employee discount might very well be cheaper and when I renew I'm gonna be shopping around. Not because I'm upset with Verizon but because I'm gonna try and find the best deal for me.

01-16-10 03:40 PM
    Agree with previous 2 posters. New plans not such a deal.

Currently on Family Share 1400 minutes with 3 phones. Only costing $100. Thats before adding my BB data, insurance & 250 text messages per month.

The comparable new plan would be more according to the charts.

01-17-10 12:10 AM
    Are we reading different things? What I read showed no change to the 450/900 plans for individuals. It is $59.99 + 30 now and will be under the new roll-out.
    Hmmmmm...not sure, but they're showing me $99.99 for 900 minutes (plus unlimited data).
    01-17-10 02:01 AM
    Since VZ changed the costs does this mean i can cancel my current contract with no ETF?
    01-17-10 06:58 PM
    Since VZ changed the costs does this mean i can cancel my current contract with no ETF?
    No. You are not forced into the plan changes unless you would like the new plan.
    01-17-10 07:38 PM
    Negative!! You didn't sign a contact based on your plan and features.

01-17-10 08:15 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD