To me it looks like the 700 minute family plan has changed...
    -you don't have to pay $10 for the second phone (which I do now)
    - and it seems that if you go with the text and voice option and add a 3rd phone its still only $10 for that third phone and it gives it texting.

So it looks like you can now get 3 phones on the 700 minute and text plan for the same price as you would have 3 phones in the 700 minutes only plan with the extra $10 on each phone for limited texting.

or am I reading that wrong?
    From what the BGR report showed they didn't change anything with the 700 minute plan. Just the unlimited. My plan now is 99 for two phones and 10 for the third line at 110 for all three. I also have two data packages. The 99 dollar select plan includes unlimited texting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 04:48 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZW. My current plan, which provides 900 minutes + unlimited data, is running me $90/mo. Based on what we (VZW and me) figured out, I'm better off staying with what I have. It appears though, that NEW customers will be paying $100/mo for the same thing!

You just confirmed that I'm not crazy! I thought that I was missing some great savings by seeing these new plans, but no dice! Thanks!

I have the same plan you have, and it seems that I'm better off with what I have, considering I never go over my minutes each month. If I switch to the new unlimited plan, I'll be paying more than I do now, and the idea is to SAVE money, not increase my bill! HELLO! LOL!
    01-15-10 09:44 AM
    Agree with previous 2 posters. New plans not such a deal.

Currently on Family Share 1400 minutes with 3 phones. Only costing $100. Thats before adding my BB data, insurance & 250 text messages per month.

The comparable new plan would be more according to the charts.
    01-15-10 10:44 AM
    I just read on precentral.net that the BES is going up to $50? It doesn't exactly seem like the plans are getting cheaper..
    01-15-10 11:00 AM
    I just read on precentral.net that the BES is going up to $50? It doesn't exactly seem like the plans are getting cheaper..
    The Pre can be used as MiFi device, and that may be what that price reflects. Other than that, bis and bes have not changed in price

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 12:56 PM
    I am ROFLING at all the people loving VZW in this thread. There are a very small number of users saving on the expensive plans compared to the number who will not want to pay $120/yr for dumbphones.

The only positive here is that Verizon is rewarding their biggest customers with a little discount, while increasing the prices for the majority of people who still are not on the smartphone bandwagon yet.
    01-15-10 01:11 PM
    none of this says a word about blackberry plans
    01-15-10 01:22 PM
    Found this on VZW site today. May or may not help. I am sure that main site will have all th new plans posted by Monday.

Just an article
    01-15-10 01:25 PM
    I am ROFLING at all the people loving VZW in this thread. There are a very small number of users saving on the expensive plans compared to the number who will not want to pay $120/yr for dumbphones.

The only positive here is that Verizon is rewarding their biggest customers with a little discount, while increasing the prices for the majority of people who still are not on the smartphone bandwagon yet.
    Your cost depends on your plan and phone. An iphone and a BB can be considered to cost the same on both carriers. And I'll take a discount thank you.
    01-15-10 01:42 PM
    Discounts are always good no matter how small it is i think
    01-15-10 01:54 PM
    Better than raising the prices by 30%
    01-15-10 04:00 PM
    Better than raising the prices by 30%
    That would warrant a trip to ATT or Sprint or TMO. I'd pay the ETF and be done with it.
    01-15-10 04:04 PM
    That would warrant a trip to ATT or Sprint or TMO. I'd pay the ETF and be done with it.

We just call it SPRATTMO
    01-15-10 04:12 PM
    It will reduce the Unlimited BlackBerry Nationwide Email & Messaging from $149.99 to $119.99

It will reduce the Unlimited BlackBerry Nationwide Email from $129.99 to $99.99

For those paying for this plan will see a savings of $30. Not bad..
    01-15-10 05:19 PM
    I wonder if VZW will start to increase prices on new phone models to make more $ on the front end. I'm ready to switch to VZW when the Tour2 arrives...I hope they don't price it at $249 or $299 with a 2 yr contract.
    01-15-10 05:50 PM
    Read the replies...I know mine addressed the BB plan and there was at least one other one, too.
    01-15-10 06:14 PM

AMEN TO THAT!!! All these dilusional people who think they are gonna save money with the most EXPENSIVE carrier in the business!
    01-15-10 06:50 PM
    AMEN TO THAT!!! All these dilusional people who think they are gonna save money with the most EXPENSIVE carrier in the business!
    Are you jealous that there are die-hard VZW customers?
    01-15-10 07:01 PM
    Are you jealous that there are die-hard VZW customers?

Ya you got me there, so jealous of high priced wireless. SMH at stupidity
    01-15-10 07:09 PM
    Ya you got me there, so jealous of high priced wireless. SMH at stupidity
    Why would you care what provider anyone else uses? Do you think I care that you're a Sprint/Nextel user? Nope, couldn't care less. I'm happy with my provider. Presumably you're happy with yours. Why not leave it at that?
    01-15-10 07:24 PM
    Why would you care what provider anyone else uses? Do you think I care that you're a Sprint/Nextel user? Nope, couldn't care less. I'm happy with my provider. Presumably you're happy with yours. Why not leave it at that?
    Who was talking to you anyways, could give a rats *** who you have its a free forum and I was stating an opinoin which is my first amendment right
    01-15-10 07:34 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZW. My current plan, which provides 900 minutes + unlimited data, is running me $90/mo. Based on what we (VZW and me) figured out, I'm better off staying with what I have. It appears though, that NEW customers will be paying $100/mo for the same thing!
    Are we reading different things? What I read showed no change to the 450/900 plans for individuals. It is $59.99 + 30 now and will be under the new roll-out.

...Currently on Family Share 1400 minutes with 3 phones. Only costing $100. Thats before adding my BB data, insurance & 250 text messages per month.

The comparable new plan would be more according to the charts.
    Currently it shows that would be $89.99 + 10 (for line 3), and the new plans would be $89.99 + 10. I don't see any change to the first two plans under family or individual.

Who was talking to you anyways, could give a rats *** who you have its a free forum and I was stating an opinoin which is my first amendment right
    I hate that "first amendment right" card. Check your state and local laws, there are restrictions... so you don't always have that "right". Most people don't know it and blindly believe they can say *anything*. Although it doesn't apply to this forum, or the thread, just thought I'd throw it out there.
    01-15-10 07:41 PM
    Looks like AT&T may be doing the same already
    AT&T Announces New Unlimited Plans - Yahoo! Finance
    01-15-10 08:09 PM
    It is really great news for those customers who are using Sprint because of their cheaper plans... Should increase customer base and get us over the 100 million mark!

And yes - this is for real. No speculation. No nonsense.
    A good move by VZ yes, better than Sprint no.

1500 minutes (family plan) $129.99

Anytime Any Mobile (included)
    N&W @ 6 (free add on)
    5 home numbers (free add on) Same as your Pick 5 or whatever it's called
    Navigation (included)
    Data (included)
    Text (included)
    TV (included)
    NFL Live (included)
    Visual VM (included)
    Detailed Billing (included)
    Insurance ( 7 per line) $14.00

Total $143.99

25% corporate discount $36.00

Grand Total $107.99 with taxes $116.29

Verizon 1400 minutes is $119.99
    Data 29.99 x2 (told by rep I have to pay this for each line)
    Navi $10.00 x2
    Insurance $6.00 x2
    Visual VM $2.99 x2
    Detailed billing $1.99 x2

Total $221.93

15% corporate discount $33.29

Grand Total $188.64
    01-16-10 09:35 AM
    A good move by VZ yes, better than Sprint no.

1500 minutes (family plan) $129.99

Anytime Any Mobile (included)
    N&W @ 6 (free add on)
    5 home numbers (free add on) Same as your Pick 5 or whatever it's called
    Navigation (included)
    Data (included)
    Text (included)
    TV (included)
    NFL Live (included)
    Visual VM (included)
    Detailed Billing (included)
    Insurance ( 7 per line) $14.00

Total $143.99

25% corporate discount $36.00

Grand Total $107.99 with taxes $116.29

Verizon 1400 minutes is $119.99
    Data 29.99 x2 (told by rep I have to pay this for each line)
    Navi $10.00 x2
    Insurance $6.00 x2
    Visual VM $2.99 x2
    Detailed billing $1.99 x2

Total $221.93

15% corporate discount $33.29

Grand Total $188.64
    While this may be correct. VZW will never be as cheap as Sprint. If you are looking at the bottom line only and Sprint works well for you, then enjoy the serivce.
    01-16-10 09:57 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD