Have any of you reps out there heard of this.........
    If this is true; I'm lovin it.

Verizon Wireless to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans � Boy Genius Report
    01-14-10 11:18 AM
    Havent heard about any pp changes as of yet. But then I'm always the last one to know.
    01-14-10 11:35 AM
    Who Cares???
    01-14-10 11:39 AM
    Who knows......
    01-14-10 11:43 AM
    I called VZ customer service; and they are changing rates, she couldn't give me detail. But changes are coming on the 18th of this month.
    01-14-10 11:51 AM
    Who Cares???
    While I do live a pretty comfortable life style, I wouldn't know what it's
    like to be independently wealthy. I guess maybe u can tell us.
    01-14-10 11:53 AM
    It seems they didn't change much for the smartphone users. I would have liked to see a lower family plan minute allowance with unlimited texting for a cheaper price. I have 3 lines and 700 minutes and never use more then 400 minutes a month. It looks like they are just revamping the unlimited minute plans.

Also with the comperative advantages at the bottom it lists added bonuses of having friends and family but thats not really an added advantage if you have unlimited minutes.
    Last edited by mawint; 01-14-10 at 12:02 PM.
    01-14-10 11:59 AM
    I called VZ customer service; and they are changing rates, she couldn't give me detail. But changes are coming on the 18th of this month.
    The changes actually take place Feb. 1st. Im looking at the sheet right now of what we are going over in our friday meeting 2morrow.

Some of the changes are going to be VERY beneficial to our customers. There will be a lot of happy people.
    01-14-10 12:50 PM
    I agree with mawint in seeing a lower family plan minute allowance with unlimited texting for a cheaper price.
    01-14-10 12:51 PM
    It seems they didn't change much for the smartphone users. I would have liked to see a lower family plan minute allowance with unlimited texting for a cheaper price. I have 3 lines and 700 minutes and never use more then 400 minutes a month. It looks like they are just revamping the unlimited minute plans.

Also with the comperative advantages at the bottom it lists added bonuses of having friends and family but thats not really an added advantage if you have unlimited minutes.
    That would be nice, but I doubt it. No other major carrier has such a Family plan either.
    01-14-10 12:58 PM
    No effect on BB users.
    01-14-10 01:03 PM
    Verizon does have a 550 minute plan for families that they don't advertise. I had called about it at one point but there is no unlimited texting option for it.
    01-14-10 01:20 PM
    The changes actually take place Feb. 1st. Im looking at the sheet right now of what we are going over in our friday meeting 2morrow.

Some of the changes are going to be VERY beneficial to our customers. There will be a lot of happy people.
    Great every little bit helps. Especially since I am one that really doesn't like to change. I am also wondering if corporate discounts for plans will still be in effect. I know don't get greedy; but if so even better.
    01-14-10 01:35 PM
    Other changes are coming too... but I cannot disclose them... some good... some BAAAAAAAD...
    01-14-10 01:48 PM
    No comment.

-_-.
    01-14-10 02:11 PM
    Are all of these changes only for new contracts after the change or do they go into effect for existing as well?
    01-14-10 02:20 PM
    No comment.

-_-.
    Just to goad u; but u know I bet this is gonna be good.......
    I do mean that; ground shaking good.
    01-14-10 02:24 PM

To me it looks like the 700 minute family plan has changed...
    -you don't have to pay $10 for the second phone (which I do now)
    - and it seems that if you go with the text and voice option and add a 3rd phone its still only $10 for that third phone and it gives it texting.

So it looks like you can now get 3 phones on the 700 minute and text plan for the same price as you would have 3 phones in the 700 minutes only plan with the extra $10 on each phone for limited texting.

or am I reading that wrong?
    01-14-10 03:49 PM
    To me it looks like the 700 minute family plan has changed...
    -you don't have to pay $10 for the second phone (which I do now)
    - and it seems that if you go with the text and voice option and add a 3rd phone its still only $10 for that third phone and it gives it texting.

So it looks like you can now get 3 phones on the 700 minute and text plan for the same price as you would have 3 phones in the 700 minutes only plan with the extra $10 on each phone for limited texting.

or am I reading that wrong?
    So this is turning into another speculation thread. Everyone just needs to wait until the information is released. Posting incorrect information is just going to flood the Verizon forum with nonsense.
    01-14-10 03:52 PM
    So this is turning into another speculation thread. Everyone just needs to wait until the information is released. Posting incorrect information is just going to flood the Verizon forum with nonsense.
    I agree. Wait until it's official people.
    01-14-10 03:57 PM
    The information has been posted, its not a rumor... how does asking a question based on interpreting the information provided, give misleading information?

Going with your logic the thread should have stopped when the OP posted. As everything else from there are opinions, speculations and according to you "nonsense".
    01-14-10 04:05 PM

This is great news! I will be switching to VZW in Feb when the new Tour2 is released (hopefully!).
    01-14-10 04:17 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZW. My current plan, which provides 900 minutes + unlimited data, is running me $90/mo. Based on what we (VZW and me) figured out, I'm better off staying with what I have. It appears though, that NEW customers will be paying $100/mo for the same thing!
    01-14-10 04:40 PM
    It is really great news for those customers who are using Sprint because of their cheaper plans... Should increase customer base and get us over the 100 million mark!

And yes - this is for real. No speculation. No nonsense.
    01-14-10 04:41 PM
    i see it as good for the heavy data users, but those who are not data savvy and get the chocolate touch and the envy 3 and are forced to get a 9.99 25 mg data plan is total BS.
    01-14-10 04:46 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD