end of March. sucks to be on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 09:44 PM
    end of March. sucks to be on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    In the grand scheme of things, March really isn't that far away. Hopefully, the price will be slightly dropped by then.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackfinder; 01-13-16 at 05:38 PM.
    01-09-16 07:20 PM
    On the plus side, that likely will mean we won't have to worry about getting M, it should launch with it. We then just need the regular updates that Verizon hopefully will allow.
    01-11-16 08:09 AM
    In the grand scheme of things, Match really isn't that far away. Hopefully, the price will be slightly dropped by then.

Posted via CB10
    March is a long time, especially end of March.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 10:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Matter of opinion I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    01-13-16 10:17 AM
    According to this article, it's set to launch on 1/26/16. Same day as T-Mobile. We can only hope!

http://www.androidorigin.com/blackbe...zon-confirmed/

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey, if it's too long to wait, get another Android. There are a plethora of Android choices out there!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:37 PM
    The S7 will be out before the BlackBerry Priv

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 08:34 PM
    The S7 will be out before the BlackBerry Priv

Posted via CB10
    I was actually looking at the Note 5 and am starting to like it. Any word on the Note 6?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 09:05 AM
    According to this article, it's set to launch on 1/26/16. Same day as T-Mobile. We can only hope!

BlackBerry Priv Release Date For Verizon Confirmed

Posted via CB10
    Nice, though makes me a bit nervous if it doesn't launch with M. I don't want to get stuck on L if Verizon doesn't allow the update.
    01-17-16 08:33 AM
    Strange we haven't heard any updates on the Priv release date recently. No rumors or anything. Do we still think it will be in March sometime?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 10:51 PM
    Strange we haven't heard any updates on the Priv release date recently. No rumors or anything. Do we still think it will be in March sometime?

Posted via CB10
    Everything we have (which is not much) is here - Verizon Priv waiting room
    02-27-16 10:54 PM
    There are many of us that think it is time for a Priv on Verizon update. March starts tomorrow so how about someone at Crackberry finding out some new information and posting it this week? Its been so long since we had new information! Thanks!
    DonnaDiva and 3_M4N like this.
    02-29-16 11:22 AM
    Rumor is online March 3rd and in stores the 11th. Don't quite believe me because it is just the grape vine and I'm more of a raisin in the scheme of things

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:04 PM
    Finally. Maybe now I can put my SOUR GRAPES away.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 03:46 AM
    Finally. Maybe now I can put my SOUR GRAPES away.

Posted via CB10
    Hold on bucko, when is the Vienna being released

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 04:00 AM
    SOON. But you all ready knew THAT. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:09 AM
    And of course Galaxy S7 is launching same day and on their main page but not the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 06:37 PM
    I guess I'll do the honors.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pri...ilable-verizon

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 3_M4N; 03-02-16 at 10:48 PM. Reason: fixed link
    03-02-16 10:39 PM
    Wow!!! That only took 4 months!! Nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 01:12 AM
    I bet it isn't featured on their main page. But I guess why would it. . .

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 07:46 AM
    Does your local Verizon store have the Priv? How is it displayed? And has anyone talked to a rep about the phone? Your impressions??

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:33 PM
    Does your local Verizon store have the Priv? How is it displayed? And has anyone talked to a rep about the phone? Your impressions??

Posted via CB10
    The stores I've visited have had the Priv, although it's been displayed in the corner with other generic phones. And yes, I spoke to the rep about it who only knew it said BlackBerry on it, having no idea it ran Android. My impression...it takes some getting used to but I'm using it to reply to you and it works just fine. Google Apps and all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-04-16 10:51 PM
    I finally got to a Verizon store today. Of course no Privs on display, but they went and got one from the back. I found the build impressive, and I thought the feel of the keyboard was awesome. Two reps were going on about how nice a phone it was which I was surprised by. They never pushed other phones, particularly Samsungs. They even knew a few things about the Priv that they told me without prompting which was nice. I definitely will consider it now.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-16 08:43 AM
    I decided to make the jump to the Priv this week. Last Sunday I went into my local Verizon store and looked around while waiting for a CSR to free up and help me. No Privs on display. I decided to go for broke and asked if they had any in stock. The CSR looked confused but said she'd go take a look out back. About 5 minutes later she returned with a black box in her hand and surprisedly said, "I guess we do have one!" I switched out my Z10 declining the $15 trade-in offer. Over the next few days I tried to learn the new Android interface. I slowly became accustomed to it over the course of the week. It's not as smooth or intuitive as BB10 but giving the Priv the benefit of the doubt it's ok. I *have* been using my Z10 for 3 years and that's a lot of history to overcome.

My impressions of the Priv in a nutshell are:
    • The screen looks amazing!
    • Very weak camera features (no burst or timeshift modes)
    • It's really nice to have basically any app I want, and for them to work fast
    • Horrible screen protection from all available cases
    • Both keyboard are great.
    • A 5" screen is really too big to use with just one hand.
    • There's no file manager, have to download one from Google Play
    • The calculator is weak sauce compared to my Z10. Have to download a better one from Google Play
    • The music player is weak sauce compared to my Z10. Have to download a better one from Google Play
    • There's no video player. Have to download VLC from Google Play.

A pattern started to emerge. For the most part I preferred my Z10. But that's not why I returned the Priv this morning. Battery life people. It's bad. I mean really really bad.
    Under "normal" use I was getting 6-7 hours of charge before I was under 20%. I can go 14 hours on my Z10 with 80% of the battery. That was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I could live with lesser versions of tools and apps I have on my Z10. I could eventually configure the Priv how I want by finding apps in Google Play store and ante up for the non-ad supported versions. But I can't deal with 7 hours on average of battery life. Seriously, 10 hours is minimum.

Maybe if the Marshmallow update comes out and miraculously fixes the battery issue I'll reconsider a Priv. At this point though, I'll use my Z10 until it dies and probably go for some other Android phone that is more mature.
    04-09-16 06:20 PM
133 ... 3456