hi. upgraded to the tour 9630 and found radio problems in my home i didn't have with my 8830. So I tried out the NE today at the suggestion of customer svc at a verizon store.

Some questions:

(1) I still see the signal bars or -dB numbers fluctuate even when I'm sitting still. Is this flucuation normal?

(2) I have seen my signals drop to approx 1X or lower (-110 or higher) when I was just 3 feet away from the NE. That call then dropped. A hiccup? Is that to be expected?

(3) Since I'm getting 5 bars most of the time in my home office, should I even bother with stringing up the external atenna? Would stringing the antenna or moving the unit higher/more central in the home be likely to improve the signal strength?

(4) Does anyone know if Verizon offers rebates on these NE's to customers under any circumstances?

Lot of questions there. thanks for any feedback,
    e
    I would call VZW tech for this matter. There is trouble shooting that can be done for this and even the NE can be adjusted. Let them know everythign you posted here. Give some time though as Trouble shooting can take some time.

Also in your device got to options>moible network and change network technology from global to 1XEV.
    11-14-09 07:50 AM
    hi. upgraded to the tour 9630 and found radio problems in my home i didn't have with my 8830. So I tried out the NE today at the suggestion of customer svc at a verizon store.

Some questions:

(1) I still see the signal bars or -dB numbers fluctuate even when I'm sitting still. Is this flucuation normal?

(2) I have seen my signals drop to approx 1X or lower (-110 or higher) when I was just 3 feet away from the NE. That call then dropped. A hiccup? Is that to be expected?

(3) Since I'm getting 5 bars most of the time in my home office, should I even bother with stringing up the external atenna? Would stringing the antenna or moving the unit higher/more central in the home be likely to improve the signal strength?

(4) Does anyone know if Verizon offers rebates on these NE's to customers under any circumstances?

Lot of questions there. thanks for any feedback,
    e
    A poster in the 9630 Tour forum suggested removal of SIM card. I actually did that and it resolved the bouncing signal strength issue. I also rebooted the NE.

Verizon to my knowledge doesn't offer any rebates but should apply accessory and VIP discounts per your account policies.
    11-15-09 10:16 AM
    My network extender works flawlessly.
    12-01-09 06:06 PM
    12/4 to 1/29 there is a $50 rebate. This bring the price down to 199.99
    12-04-09 12:46 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD