Anyone have any experience with this plan from verizon? I am looking at replacing my house phone and internet service with this, but I do use the internet a lot at night, plus I download right much music, specially through itunes. The downloading of music is what worries me. Just wondered if anyone uses this, how fast it is, do you ever go over the 5 gb limit?
    08-16-09 06:53 AM
    What kind of speeds do you get right now? The fastest speed your could ever hope for on MBB through VZW is 3 MB and that is a burst speed. Many people go over the 5 GB limit and it can get quite pricey but every time you log into to VZAccess Manager, the program that runs MBB, it will tell you your usage for the month. Hope that helps.
    08-16-09 06:58 AM
    Ok, let's analyze the data usage. Based on song downloads, averaging 5MB to find the song and download you'll get 500 song downloads per month. Generally, most people will find 5 GB enough, but for YouTubers, movie/song downloaders, and heavy surfers, 5 GB is nothing.
    08-16-09 07:02 AM
    try it out. Teathering doesn't require a contract so you can try it out for a month and cancel it if it doesn't work for you. I'd be careful with the song downloads though.
    08-16-09 07:39 AM
    If you do teather this will cost you an additional 30 a month so thats not bad to give it a shot
    08-16-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD