For those of you that live/work in the Kansas City, MO area, have you had issues with Verizon's signal strength on your Z10?
    I had a BB Style through Sprint for 2+ years and had no problems. I was issued an iPhone4 from work on Verizon and it seems to function just fine. I recently switched from the Style to a Galaxy S3 (hey, I got it new for $20) on Verizon and I have experienced quite a few problems ... dropped calls, missed calls, poor network signal, etc. when I compare the signal strength between the 2 phones (the iPhone 4 and the S3), I see a wide variance in what is reported in dBm. Granted, they are different phones with different attennas, etc., but I have them sitting next to each other on my desk. I am definitely not happy with the S3's performance.

My hunch is that the 4G receiver in the S3 is just not very good, as my wife's S3 is doing the same thing. however we also have 2 new Motorola RAZR M phones and they seem to hold the signal much better.

I am still within my return window with Best Buy (one benefit of being Preferred Silver) and really want the Z10. I just want to hear from others in KC to see if they are seeing anything like this.

Thanks for reading this.
    06-27-13 10:36 AM
    Howdy neighbor! Overland Park here. I just did a quick survey of coworkers on Verizon and they're not experiencing anything strange on their devices. I was on Verizon for a few months last year, and during some of that time I had a SGS3. I experienced poor wifi strength on that device. I switched back to T-Mo and got another SGS3. For some reason that seemed to hold wifi signal a lot better. I wonder if the Verizon SGS3 just has radio issues altogether?? I'd tell you to go to your local VZW store, but if it's anything like my experience the store associates are generally clueless. I noticed "Android System" was using over 50% of the battery at one point and I went to the store to get it checked out. They derped around with it for awhile then told me that it was probably normal. ::headdesk:: So...I'd head to the VZW user forums. I'm sure you'd get more help there. Good luck!

https://community.verizonwireless.co...g-galaxy-s-iii
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-27-13 10:47 AM
    I was in KC for a week recently with no problems at all using my Z10. And yes, I am a vzw customer
    06-27-13 10:53 AM
    thanks for the link to the Verizon forums... Seems that I am not the only person experiencing antenna issues with the S3. I will say that when I do get a good 4G signal, the thing flies. I just get the feeling that there is something wrong with how it is designed.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-27-13 03:27 PM
    thanks for the link to the Verizon forums... Seems that I am not the only person experiencing antenna issues with the S3. I will say that when I do get a good 4G signal, the thing flies. I just get the feeling that there is something wrong with how it is designed.
    I have the Sprint version of the S3 and don't seem to have the issues you've been experiencing, either. Have you had the PRL updated recently, or tried to have them do one, maybe a refresh from their end? I know that phones not having received an update can be kinda iffy, and I have had that happen to me in the past on all my phones. Just a little food for thought.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-02-13 at 11:25 PM.
    07-02-13 09:27 PM
    Yeah I live in shawnee, ks and in the plaza and I had to switch to att because I didn't get adequate signal at my house

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:46 PM