I just got off the phone with Verizon because my Curve had gone haywire and the young lady that helped me noticed that I was paying 44.00 for my Data Plan and I should have only been paying 29.00. I never thought the 44.00 charge was wrong because so many people on here claimed to be paying that much for the Verizon Data Plan. Apparently there are 2 different Data Plans and the 29.00 one is for personal use and the 44.00 one is if you are having your work e-mails pushed. You might want to check if you're paying the wrong amount. She just saved me 15.00 a month. Problem is I've been overcharged since the end of December and they won't retro it...
    05-26-09 02:22 PM
    wow thats horrible. sorry to hear you were paying too much but at least everything is fixed now
    05-26-09 02:26 PM
    I would call them back and talk to a manager if you have to. They can see that all this time you were on a BIS acct. They should refund you the $15 a month retroactively, IMO.
    05-26-09 02:30 PM
    If the op signed up for 44,99 and had it on the bill every month, why does Verizon owe him money?

Way to go entitlement mentality......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:36 PM
    yea it is the customers responsibilty to see what they are paying for every month, its not verizons fault that they wer on that data plan so thers no reason they should owe you money u shud check your previous bills to see what else they have billed you for
    05-26-09 02:41 PM
    29.99 for bis 44.99 for BES

yupz sorry you didn't know but I have to say there has been many people on this site that have talked about the differences..

and when purchasing something you have to be thorough in your research and also asking the right questions..

Now keep in mind some reps ask the questions before signing you up but you may not always get the rep that does that either
    05-26-09 02:45 PM
    When I signed up with Verizon service I told them I wanted BIS (30 a month). They signed me up for BES (45 a month). When I got my first bill, I noticed that they had BES so I called Verizon that minute. They issued a credit for that month which will appear this coming billing cycle.

05-26-09 02:48 PM
    If the op signed up for 44,99 and had it on the bill every month, why does Verizon owe him money?

lol There's the entitlement argument again! I wish I knew where this ideology came from that some wear it right on the sleeve
    05-26-09 02:50 PM
    The 44.99 is the one that auto-populates on every single BB order. Depending on how busy the rep was, im sure it was an honest mistake. Every now and then i will miss it and have to go back in to fix it once i notice it on the printed contract.
    05-26-09 03:09 PM
    The 44.99 is the one that auto-populates on every single BB order. Depending on how busy the rep was, im sure it was an honest mistake. Every now and then i will miss it and have to go back in to fix it once i notice it on the printed contract.

this is good information to know!

and honestly I think they should fix it.

My idea would be that the field stays blank but then won't let you go past it unless you fill it in!
    05-26-09 03:37 PM

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO? Its called Fair Business Practices. Why is it always the little guys fault when he gets screwed over?

Ever heard of a "slammed" account?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/ver...-unite-197186/

If its not done on purpose then it was done by accident, in either case its not the customers fault. Obviously Verizon knows that BES is for business, its not rocket science people.

"A customer is the most important
    visitor of our premises.

He is not dependent on us -
    we are dependent on him.

He is not an interruption on our work -
    he is the purpose of it.

He is not an outsider on our business -
    he is a part of it.

We are not doing him a favour
    by serving him -

He is doing us a favour by giving us
    an opportunity to do so."

-Mahatma Gandhi
    05-26-09 03:41 PM
    Good to know. I'm sure the rep would have fixed it if he had known. I wasn't too worried since the phone rep fixed the problem.

05-26-09 04:33 PM
    lol There's the entitlement argument again! I wish I knew where this ideology came from that some wear it right on the sleeve
    lol...A couple of years ago there was only the $44.99 plan @ Verizon, it must autopopulate, but I WOULD ask for a manager & get 3 months credit because she should have at least been told there were two versions....heck I dunno, I wouldn't have gotten off until they "SHOWED me the CREDIT"
    05-26-09 04:40 PM
    HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO? Its called Fair Business Practices. Why is it always the little guys fault when he gets screwed over?

Ever heard of a "slammed" account?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/ver...-unite-197186/

If its not done on purpose then it was done by accident, in either case its not the customers fault. Obviously Verizon knows that BES is for business, its not rocket science people.

"A customer is the most important
    visitor of our premises.

He is not dependent on us -
    we are dependent on him.

He is not an interruption on our work -
    he is the purpose of it.

He is not an outsider on our business -
    he is a part of it.

We are not doing him a favour
    by serving him -

He is doing us a favour by giving us
    an opportunity to do so."

-Mahatma Gandhi

And I thought I could be a beast!! Get 'em killer!! lmao!!
    05-26-09 04:41 PM
    I had the same issue and I'm 99% sure the csr said I would get credit on the next bill. But I'm not holding my breath!

05-26-09 04:50 PM
    Yes this is an auto populate and I agree it should be fixed, but on the other hand when was the last time you actually checked your bill for errors? If your device was okay you would have continued to pay the extra money.

I have a habit and review every bill every month.

I also check every account that comes across my screen for this very issue. Once again, this should be an easy fix for VZW.
    05-26-09 04:54 PM

Verizon owes the op money because they are the ones that messed up and did not fix the account. they should be given a credit for the time that they were being over charged. The op did not assign the data plan but the verizon rep.
    05-26-09 04:55 PM

It's not an entitelement mentality if the OP didn't even know there were 2 data plans. Maybe she does check over her bill every month but she didn't even know. Normally I would agree with you. too many people here are dumb and just don't want to pay when it's their own fault they were charged for stuff but this girl wasn't told correct information until now.

To the OP, hopefully you call back and can be credited back to Dec. Keep fighting for it or go to the store you bought the phone.
    05-26-09 05:18 PM
    its called being accountable for yourself, not relying on other people to hold your hand.

in all fairness, people SHOULDN'T HAVE to read their bill every month, but from VZW's perspective, how are they supposed to know if you do or don't want the plan unless you inform them of your prefrence...now if say the customer signed up with the BIS plan, and a few months later, for no reason at all, they were switched to a BES plan when some other changes were made, then i can see an arguement being made...

also it is up to the sales rep to clarify and inquire as to what service they would use. if the customer signs the contract, then they are agreeing to whatever the care rep gave them, even if they didn't do their job.

signature = agreement
    05-26-09 05:19 PM
    in all fairness, people SHOULDN'T HAVE to read their bill every month,
    I'll bet they never even checked the first bill to make sure everything was okay
    05-26-09 05:23 PM
    I'll bet they never even checked the first bill to make sure everything was okay
    in my experince, about 85% of customers on VZW are uneducated to their options for plans at any given moment. i base this on my personal experience and employment for VZW for over 2 years...

the calls that i would get every so often about "is there any special deals or promotions available that would better benefit me" are generally ended with "if anything new came out, you would be notified with a bill insert, a separate flyer/letter, or an ad somewhere on our website. even on the television they advertise new promotions. just keep a look out."

but the problem is that for most everyone, it isn't a priority until they're broke or go over their minutes, etc...

if people took the initiative to check their bill every OTHER month or every 3 months, anything...take the time to do the research for themselves, then everyone involved would be better off.

if after doing research, you called me and asked for clarification on the options, i would gladly sit on the phone for an hour discussing the potential for improvement with you. but if you call and ask me to hold your hand and do it for you, good luck. i'll point you at every self serve option available. not because i am lazy, but there is something to the old addage,

"give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

i firmly believe that to be a benefit for everyone involved.
    05-26-09 05:29 PM
    Bottomline, We agree and I think your outlook should well be heeded. As you know people in general want everything done right and all is good till it does not happen that way and people are quick to blame others, for things that could have been prevented with a two minute review of a document.

Mistakes happen
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-26-09 at 06:38 PM.
    05-26-09 06:03 PM
    its called being accountable for yourself, not relying on other people to hold your hand.

signature = agreement
    u know, at the end of the day, humility is the simple answer here. First, the OP wasn't crying or begging for a credit. A mistake happened, and he asked for the credit with no luck, he moved on. Yes it was his mistake not to look, but it was also Verizon's bad practice to autopopulate the most expensive data plan. Very sneaky! There's ethics involved here and if we as customers are always meant to walk such a tight rope with businesses, then I believe it works both ways, hense why I am so hard on carriers! They don't do me any favors, so in return, I don't do any favors. Business between you and the carrier is an equal deal. They don't give me a handout, and I don't expect them to think I will give them a handout!

But to generalize that one is asking for Verizon to hold your hand, or the other guy who said this was an entitlement mentality..... u seriously have to have a huge chip on your shoulders to walk around all day with that type of perspective of the world around you. Its mean spirited and its wrong.

One day your going to get screwed because you weren't a PERFECT human being and trust me, you will turn to that entitlement mentality. Only difference is that I'm sure your going to keep it quiet and never post it in any type of forum where people will know how you feel.... only when it applies to you!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-26-09 at 06:20 PM.
    05-26-09 06:17 PM

if people took the initiative to check their bill every OTHER month or every 3 months, anything...take the time to do the research for themselves, then everyone involved would be better off.

if after doing research, you called me and asked for clarification on the options, i would gladly sit on the phone for an hour discussing the potential for improvement with you. but if you call and ask me to hold your hand and do it for you, good luck. i'll point you at every self serve option available. not because i am lazy, but there is something to the old addage,

"give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

i firmly believe that to be a benefit for everyone involved.
    I agree! I check over my bill every month online BEFORE paying it to make sure it's correct and if I see something wrong or something doesn't look right then I call to question it before I pay anything. I don't always review my paper bill in the mail because I pay it online but sometimes I do that too just to make sure.
    05-26-09 06:22 PM
    u know, at the end of the day, humility is the simple answer here. First, the OP wasn't crying or begging for a credit. A mistake happened, and he asked for the credit with no luck, he moved on. Yes it was his mistake not to look, but it was also Verizon's bad practice to autopopulate the most expensive data plan. Very sneaky! There's ethics involved here and if we as customers are always meant to walk such a tight rope with businesses, then I believe it works both ways, hense why I am so hard on carriers! They don't do me any favors, so in return, I don't do any favors. Business between you and the carrier is an equal deal. They don't give me a handout, and I don't expect them to think I will give them a handout!

i agree, all of my statements in this thread are general, and are in no way directed at any one person, but more so the mentality of uneducated customers. i'm an advocate of "an educated customer is a good customer."

when people called me (when i worked for VZW anyway) and asked for a credit, they sure got an earfull of info on the topic in exchange for the credit. i had no problem approving a reversal of an overage, if the customer took the initative to prevent it from happening in the future, and the same thing applies for when the plan is too big.

every customer gets the little sticker or card that has all of the self serve options, and everyone gets access to everything they could ever need on the VZW website. the phrase "i didn't know" should not exist in a customer's vocabulary.

But to generalize that one is asking for Verizon to hold your hand, or the other guy who said this was an entitlement mentality..... u seriously have to have a huge chip on your shoulders to walk around all day with that type of perspective of the world around you. Its mean spirited and its wrong.

One day your going to get screwed because you weren't a PERFECT human being and trust me, you will turn to that entitlement mentality. Only difference is that I'm sure your going to keep it quiet and never post it in any type of forum where people will know how you feel.... only when it applies to you!
    again, remember...i'm speaking in generalities on this topic...

this statement is incorrect. my perspective is that of a realist, but i can empathise with the situation. i've dealt with this issue on numerous occasions, and i'll be the first one to step on the customer's behalf and be their advocate when something is beyond my ability to resolve.

and i have been screwed over for not paying attention. i've learned my lesson, and moved on with life. no blame to share but myself.
    05-26-09 06:50 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD