if i cant be home and if i sign a note will they leave the package?
    06-02-10 11:30 PM
    Usually. If they deem it a safe place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-02-10 11:35 PM
    They used to. But a FedEx rep told me that the agreement between them and VZW changed so they have to make one attempt to the address first. Then you can sign the slip.

Last edited by supermario28; 06-03-10 at 12:04 AM.
    06-02-10 11:39 PM
    This is why I always have Verizon ship to my work address.
    06-03-10 06:07 AM
    This is why I always have Verizon ship to my work address.
    Some people can't receive packages at work. Best is to just sign the slip on the first day and leave it on door, they will leave it the next day.
    06-03-10 07:33 AM
    ...or you can have the package delivered to a neighbor the next day. Also, FedEx has extended hours and you can pick up the package at their facility the night of the first attempted delivery.

06-03-10 08:36 AM
    The I have left a note in the past just asking them to leave the package on the doorstep with my signature on it. I have been successful with that.

06-04-10 06:13 AM
    I will let you know today. Oh wait I will be here when the Bold gets delivered.
    06-04-10 09:52 AM
    "I authorize blah blah to leave the package with tracking number blah blah blah on the side porch, please close the screen door securely."

Date it, sign it and print name underneath, works everytime with anything I get delivered from any carrier.
    06-04-10 05:12 PM
    "I authorize blah blah to leave the package with tracking number blah blah blah on the side porch, please close the screen door securely."

Date it, sign it and print name underneath, works everytime with anything I get delivered from any carrier.
    I have done the same with Verizon and it has always worked for me. Could also ask a neighbor to keep an eye out. Generally the deliveries are in the morning, since its overnight or 2nd day air, they have to be off the truck by a certain time.
    06-04-10 05:31 PM
    Thanks. I left a note with my signature and asked them to leave some of there signature door hangers and he left me a hand full for next time.

06-05-10 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD