I got the S2 about 3 weeks ago and it keeps freezing up on me and restarting. But when I bought the phone the guy told me that if the phone gave me any problems or I didn't like it within 30 days I could bring back and get something else. So I go into the store yesterday and the noob says its going to cost me 135 bucks to get the tour.. WTF?? It should be a 35$ restocking fee which I am willing to pay. But 100 extra dollars for what... Worst
    04-02-10 10:16 AM
    well yeah, you got to pay the difference in the phones. The Tour cost more.
    04-02-10 10:18 AM
    04-02-10 10:22 AM
    So pick up the phone and call Verizon.
    04-02-10 10:27 AM
    Why are you complaining? You could have spoken to a store manager, called customer service and then come back to solicit suggestions if you couldn't get anywhere.
    04-02-10 10:32 AM
    I got the S2 about 3 weeks ago and it keeps freezing up on me and restarting. But when I bought the phone the guy told me that if the phone gave me any problems or I didn't like it within 30 days I could bring back and get something else. So I go into the store yesterday and the noob says its going to cost me 135 bucks to get the tour.. WTF?? It should be a 35$ restocking fee which I am willing to pay. But 100 extra dollars for what... Worst

The noob? Verizon fails? What are you, 16? There is a restocking fee and you have to pay for the amount of the rebate. You will then get that money back in the form of a Visa debit card.
    04-02-10 10:38 AM
    The noob? Verizon fails? What are you, 16? There is a restocking fee and you have to pay for the amount of the rebate. You will then get that money back in the form of a Visa debit card.
    However perhaps that part wasn't explained to him I could see the frustration. Yes in fine print but when clerk says "bring it in for an exchange" then u take clerk at his word. Also the agent who helped him during the exchange could also have explained the following:

Exchange = $35 restocking fee. And if u cut the UPC code off the S2 box they assume u sent in for rebate. So still send in for rebate and it will only cost the $35 restocking fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 01:39 PM
    However perhaps that part wasn't explained to him I could see the frustration. Yes in fine print but when clerk says "bring it in for an exchange" then u take clerk at his word. Also the agent who helped him during the exchange could also have explained the following:

Exchange = $35 restocking fee. And if u cut the UPC code off the S2 box they assume u sent in for rebate. So still send in for rebate and it will only cost the $35 restocking fee.

Yup. If you sent in the rebate, you get charged the rebate since you will receive it anyway. why would they give you 2 $100 MIR and return the device for one of them. With out the UPC you will be charged what ever the MIR is along with the $35 restock, and what ever the difference is in cost.

I tell all my customers to wait 30 days unless you are absolutely sure YOU LOVE YOUR PHONE.
    04-02-10 04:10 PM
    Unless you love the phone wait for filing the rebate.
    Bought my daughter a phone and sent in the rebate.
    Phone died, none in stock. Returned the phone and got my cash minus rebate.
    Got the card and paid toward my bill.

No problem.
    04-02-10 05:17 PM
    I swear people should read instead taking folks word.
    04-02-10 09:42 PM
    How does Verizon fail at this? Its just the way things work...
    04-02-10 10:14 PM
    Why are you complaining? You could have spoken to a store manager, called customer service and then come back to solicit suggestions if you couldn't get anywhere.
    +1
    10 char
    04-02-10 10:24 PM
    Verizon, I will never leave them.
    My Storm blacked out, I waited in line for awhile, I was getting annoyed that I was waiting so long, manager saw my annoyance, and gave me a new Storm, didn't even hesitate.
    Then in November '09, they let me upgrade early because I am a premier gold customer.
    04-02-10 10:34 PM
    I swear people should read instead taking folks word.
    Or sales people could care a little more about the process than hand over device now leave pls attitude. (not saying all act this way).

Yes ppl should be more wary but if a rep says "oh yes eXchange no problem within 30 days" why should a customer read the fine print? It takes a rep 10 more seconds to explain the restocking fee, maybe 20 more for the MIR issue.

04-02-10 11:17 PM
    The problem I am having with this post is that there isn't a problem with him exchanging the device at all, in fact the store honored the exchange...so there was no problem in exchanging the device within the 30 days. It states on your receipt as well as the T&C that if the UPC code is removed that we can refuse the return. On the sales receipt it states that all products purchased need to be returned, in like new condition. Since the bar code was not attached to the box there would be a fee for it....
    04-03-10 12:18 PM
    +1
    10 char
    This is all you ever post. Having a high post count really doesnt make you any cooler.
    04-03-10 04:47 PM
    Or sales people could care a little more about the process than hand over device now leave pls attitude. (not saying all act this way).

Yes ppl should be more wary but if a rep says "oh yes eXchange no problem within 30 days" why should a customer read the fine print? It takes a rep 10 more seconds to explain the restocking fee, maybe 20 more for the MIR issue.

In all the times I upgraded phones the rep never failed to explain the terms and conditions to me. Not saying I remembered everything, but in my experience they do take the time.
    04-03-10 10:34 PM
    This is all you ever post. Having a high post count really doesnt make you any cooler.
    False.

04-04-10 11:31 AM
    This may be off topic, but...

Save yourself the trouble. A tour is *NEVER* a fix for a storm. The main difference between the two devices is keyboard vs. touchscreen.

Most issues on either device are software based, and at least partly user-error. Instead of assuming the device is defective or assuming you need the other kind, this forum will be your best resource to fixing it for real.
    04-04-10 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD