Why on Verizon wireless site, under smartphones section droid phones listed twice, apple, samsung, windows, htc all have heir space, but blackberry is not listed, the only way to find blackberry is ether search for it in search box or choose a brand from the list on the left. Main page that is dedicated to all smarphone brands, does not show blackberry phones, but motorolla/droid listed twice.

Set Your Location
    12-09-13 12:43 PM
    I've noticed that too. I guess a bb is no longer a smartphone
    12-09-13 12:45 PM
    Might be because BlackBerry is no longer relevant in their sales

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer likes this.
    12-09-13 01:49 PM
    Might be because BlackBerry is no longer relevant in their sales
    Painful, but true IMHO.

If the devices made VZW money, it would fall over itself to front it.
    Bsbudd and kbz1960 like this.
    12-09-13 01:55 PM
    Funny how the Z30 is a exclusive for them yet I personally haven't seen one commercial for the device.

Exclusives are a complete waste for BlackBerry at this point. Get it on all carriers and at least get live people a opportunity to purchase it. Or just sell it directly

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:09 PM
    Funny how the Z30 is a exclusive for them yet I personally haven't seen one commercial for the device.

Exclusives are a complete waste for BlackBerry at this point. Get it on all carriers and at least get live people a opportunity to purchase it. Or just sell it directly

Posted via CB10
    Same. I haven't seen any commercials or advertisements for the Z30 from Verizon. I am actually shocked because it is exclusive, and the Z10 had plenty of air time on TV from Verizon.
    Rello and kbz1960 like this.
    12-09-13 02:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's an exclusive in the sense of "nobody else wanted it":

Bhardwaj declined to comment about getting the Z30 on other carriers, but noted that BlackBerry was ready to ship phones to other carriers if they requested it. He said there was nothing in the deal with Verizon that would prevent BlackBerry from offering an AT&T or T-Mobile version of the phone.
    "We're not solely tied to Verizon," Bhardwaj said.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57609653-94/verizon-to-sell-blackberry-z30-exclusively-in-nov-for-$200/
    copeland007 and Saiga like this.
    12-09-13 02:14 PM
    Well, just checked on the mobile website and it's there, albeit at the bottom, and showing three 9900 first, Z30 at the end of the list.

The Bold is perhaps it's big seller still.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    12-09-13 02:19 PM
    Verizon didn't specify/contract that the Z30 be exclusive to Verizon - it's just that none of the other carriers wanted it. They are free to carry it at any time, they just don't want to.

Verizon wanted it primarily to make available for all of the government contracts they have, many of which use BBs. They won't be making any commercials because commercials are for consumer sales, rather than enterprise sales, and even BB themselves has effectively ceded consumer sales by "focusing on the enterprise."
    12-09-13 02:27 PM
    It makes sense. Why would Verizon use up valuable space on their smartphones main page on devices that aren't selling? They want to show the devices that people are interested in.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-09-13 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    "Exclusive" is simply another way of saying that AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint weren't interested in carrying the phone at the prices BB wanted.
    12-09-13 02:31 PM
    It's clearly listed on the site. Are you guys talking about it not currently being featured in the rotating ad on the front page? That changes all the time, just because it's not featured right now does not mean it will never be, although it's probably unlikely unless they are running a special on it, which they might. You guys worry about the strangest things!

Don't invent a crisis where there is not!
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    12-09-13 02:37 PM
    Same. I haven't seen any commercials or advertisements for the Z30 from Verizon. I am actually shocked because it is exclusive, and the Z10 had plenty of air time on TV from Verizon.
    Exactly...I saw plenty of Z10 commercials from Verizon

Lol at everyone saying it's another way of saying that no other carrier wanted it.

Didn't Sprint say they would carry a touch screen BlackBerry before the end of the year. Didn't everyone assume that was going to be the Z30? Wonder what happened with that?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:50 PM
    the Z30 was on the front page big picture scrolling ad when it came out, same with the Z and Q and there was a time it was listed when the Z10 was 99 and also when it was first put to free.

what it OP is saying is: when you click shop then smartphone you get a list of 2 phones that are derived by whatever means, anywho they where categories by brand, with apple on top then Samsung, then LG etc and BlackBerry was there (albeit on the bottom) then one day I noticed like you it was just gone and one company...I think Samsung has two rows.

at my local (real) Verizon's store they used to have a BB section
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-09-13 03:00 PM

Lol at everyone saying it's another way of saying that no other carrier wanted it.
    Not everyone, Blackberry themselves.
    12-09-13 03:06 PM
    Not everyone, Blackberry themselves.
    Sad indeed cause I'm really hoping Tmobile eventually carrier the Z30 or of coarse BlackBerry could sell it directly for $550 and I'd be real happy

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 03:24 PM
    It's clearly listed on the site. Are you guys talking about it not currently being featured in the rotating ad on the front page? That changes all the time, just because it's not featured right now does not mean it will never be, although it's probably unlikely unless they are running a special on it, which they might. You guys worry about the strangest things!

Don't invent a crisis where there is not!

No, what I'm referring to at least is when you go and click on shop and then smartphones, on the main page, it isn't there with the rest of them (like Apple phones, Windows Phones, Droid phones, Samsung phones, etc). It is on the side list, not the main one.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-09-13 03:24 PM
    oh and the Z30 on its page is listed as a Verizon's exclusive. Those little icons like 4g lte, world etc one is Verizon exclusive.
    12-09-13 03:38 PM

Didn't Sprint say they would carry a touch screen BlackBerry before the end of the year. Didn't everyone assume that was going to be the Z30? Wonder what happened with that?

Posted via CB10
    you can buy the T-mobile compatible here BlackBerry Z30 (Unlocked) Black
    12-09-13 03:40 PM
    I was going to purchase my Z30 through Verizon, so I visited their corporate store to buy one.

When I arrived there and asked to see one (a floor model), the store rep I spoke to had never even heard of the phone (no surprises, there), and when he checked w/his management for me, I was told they would not even make space for the phone on their sales floor.

They have Z10, Q10, and 9930 models around, but they defeat the customer's ability to demo the device by putting those friggin' nylon zip-ties around the center of the phone to secure it to the display. As we all know, you have to be able to swipe up, down, left, and right to fully appreciate what these phones can do for us. I was then told that I could upgrade to the Z30 from Verizon's website, and it would only cost me $199.99 + $30/activation.

I checked things out on the site, and went directly to the Blackberry Z30 in the list of Blackberry devices offered there, and then threw up the 'peace' sign at Verizon's site, calmly logged-in over at Amazon.com, and got the same phone (upgrade) from them for $99.00.

It absolutely is the best Blackberry I've ever owned, period. As soon as I can get my hands on a great (stable) 10.2.1.X hybrid -- nobody will be able to tell me a da*n thing!

Once that's in-place, I'm going back to that Verizon store to show them what they're cheating folks out of. No doubt...
    copeland007 likes this.
    12-09-13 03:43 PM
    Sad indeed cause I'm really hoping Tmobile eventually carrier the Z30 or of coarse BlackBerry could sell it directly for $550 and I'd be real happy

Posted via CB10
    you can buy the T-mobile compatible here http://www.gsmnation.com/blackberry-...cked-1311.html
    12-09-13 03:44 PM
    you can buy the T-mobile compatible here http://www.gsmnation.com/blackberry-...cked-1311.html
    Thanks

I think I'm gonna wait for BlackBerry to start selling it and see what they'll price it at. If it's not soon then I'll definitely use that site

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:13 PM
    Just makes you wonder why BlackBerry isn't selling these devices directly yet

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:16 PM
    Just makes you wonder why BlackBerry isn't selling these devices directly yet

Posted via CB10
    Who knows...it's probably the only way they would be able to move a few devices.
    12-09-13 08:34 PM
    No, what I'm referring to at least is when you go and click on shop and then smartphones, on the main page, it isn't there with the rest of them (like Apple phones, Windows Phones, Droid phones, Samsung phones, etc). It is on the side list, not the main one.
    You must be going to a different Verizon site, the one I'm going to has Blackberry listed
    12-09-13 10:38 PM
40 12