In the prepaid world

Prepaid Plans and Prepaid Cell Phones - Verizon Wireless

Last edited by sandsjh; 07-26-11 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Changed pic to one of not showing my logo.
    07-26-11 09:56 PM
    Yeah, but who's going to pay $275 for a Curve 3G or $395 for a Storm 2?
    They don't even sell the 9650 for Pre-Paid.
    07-26-11 09:58 PM
    Verizon guy told me you could buy a used 9650 and activate it on a new prepaid plan.
    07-26-11 10:03 PM
    But can you add the enterprise email feature to a pre-paid plan?
    07-26-11 10:11 PM
    So why would you pay $125 per month for unlimited talk and tex and data where you can do TMO and pay $70 per month for unlimited talk, tex and 2 GB at 4 G speed? That's a savings over over $55 a month or $660 per year.

And if you wanted to you could pay an extra $10 and get unlimited international texting and unlimited calling to landlines in over 200 countries.

The big advantage to prepaid is that the price is the price as they are not subject to taxes and/or regulatory fees, but Verizon is totally out of synch with their prices.
    07-26-11 10:46 PM
    When prepaid goes bad - a no-contract plan with the price of contracted plan..lol. Even Sprint's 2-year unlimited contracted plans are cheaper at $99 a month.

On the other hand, Verizon's large coverage would work well with mobile businesses, people in rural areas, etc. But for the needs of most people, Verizon's plans are overpriced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    robert_in_la likes this.
    07-26-11 10:56 PM
    I'm on a grandfathered Alltel plan. Verizon seriously hates me.
    robert_in_la likes this.
    07-26-11 11:03 PM
    But can you add the enterprise email feature to a pre-paid plan?
    Hrmm. I'm betting not.
    07-26-11 11:05 PM
    So why would you pay $125 per month for unlimited talk and tex and data where you can do TMO and pay $70 per month for unlimited talk, tex and 2 GB at 4 G speed? That's a savings over over $55 a month or $660 per year.

And if you wanted to you could pay an extra $10 and get unlimited international texting and unlimited calling to landlines in over 200 countries.

The big advantage to prepaid is that the price is the price as they are not subject to taxes and/or regulatory fees, but Verizon is totally out of synch with their prices.
    TMO doesn't have coverage in a lot of places. I'm not saying Verizon's pricing scheme is good, but it doesn't matter how much you pay if it doesn't work.
    07-26-11 11:09 PM
    TMO doesn't have coverage in a lot of places. I'm not saying Verizon's pricing scheme is good, but it doesn't matter how much you pay if it doesn't work.
    True, but TMO works for me here in LA where I live and in NYC and other places I visit often for work.

Point is Verizon is way overpriced, but if you can't get good or decent coverage then you can't get it and like you pointed out really don't have a choice other than to bend over.
    07-26-11 11:31 PM
    T-Mobile works fine as long as you're constantly in metropolitan areas.
    Smaller towns/areas is where it get's sketchy.
    07-26-11 11:34 PM
    True, but TMO works for me here in LA where I live and in NYC and other places I visit often for work.

Point is Verizon is way overpriced, but if you can't get good or decent coverage then you can't get it and like you pointed out really don't have a choice other than to bend over.
    T-Mobile works fine as long as you're constantly in metropolitan areas.
    Smaller towns/areas is where it get's sketchy.
    I've got my location as the corn field on Hee Haw and that's not far off from where I live. Sprint gets crappy reception. I had them for years and dealt with dropped calls, missed calls and no calls.

A friend of mine who does a lot of maintenance work for me has TMO and he had to use my phone whenever he'd come help me with something.

The guy that helps me saddlebreak my horses has Verizon which was the main reason why I swapped. Even at my BFE corn patch on Hee Haw house, he got anywhere from 3/5 bars to 5/5 bars of 3G service on his Droid and I'm 40 miles from the nearest major city (Memphis). Verizon IS overpriced but at least my phone rings when someone calls me and I have a signal no matter where I am.
    07-27-11 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD