It is required, but its not under contract. Just cause its required for smartphone use doesn't mean you can't remove it if you want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 11:50 AM
    Well Mister VZW, I do not recall this when I signed my name on the dotted line. Perhaps I should read what I sign.
    Um...yeah. Do you typically sign your name on legal binding agreements without reading them?
    12-09-09 12:38 PM
    This is my primary line. I only have one cellphone. I don't even have a house phone anymore. I didn't learn about the discount through my employer. It was Verizon that told me when I signed up. I am now under the impression (I could be wrong) that the discount ended a "long" time ago and Verizon kept it in their computers. So, it wouldn't be my employer's fault that Verizon was still marketing the discount. No matter what. The situation isn't pleasant. I understand this is out of my control and Verizon's as well. I wish Verizon would have properly informed me of the change and didn't surprise me. I still believe the change should have taken place at the end of my contract. There are always better deals with cell phone plans and I don't expect Verizon to change my account and give me the better deal after I have already agreed to a certain price, even if its lower. All I asked is to keep the agreed upon pricing. They shouldn't change my pricing in the middle of my contract when I am expecting a certain deal. All of the dollars add up and it has been difficult lately, so when there is an unexpected change, its just hard to deal with. It is what it is.
    12-09-09 05:55 PM
    Go a day without coffee and you have your 6 bucks back. You are making this a much bigger deal than it should be. The price that you agreed upon was 30 bucks a month. When you agreed to that, Verizon found a way to make it cheaper. Kind of like when a contractor does work for you. You agree to pay what he estimates, but sometimes he ends up finding a way to do it cheaper. Its a nice break, but its not what you agreed upon. If you are really struggling that bad that 6 dollars is going to break the bank for the month, you probably shouldn't have a phone.

12-09-09 07:16 PM
    This is my primary line. I only have one cellphone. I don't even have a house phone anymore. I didn't learn about the discount through my employer. It was Verizon that told me when I signed up. I am now under the impression (I could be wrong) that the discount ended a "long" time ago and Verizon kept it in their computers. So, it wouldn't be my employer's fault that Verizon was still marketing the discount. No matter what. The situation isn't pleasant. I understand this is out of my control and Verizon's as well. I wish Verizon would have properly informed me of the change and didn't surprise me. I still believe the change should have taken place at the end of my contract. There are always better deals with cell phone plans and I don't expect Verizon to change my account and give me the better deal after I have already agreed to a certain price, even if its lower. All I asked is to keep the agreed upon pricing. They shouldn't change my pricing in the middle of my contract when I am expecting a certain deal. All of the dollars add up and it has been difficult lately, so when there is an unexpected change, its just hard to deal with. It is what it is.
    Your employer should have informed you that they cut the contract with Verizon. It's not VZW's responsibility to communicate dealings with your company.
    12-09-09 07:23 PM
    Go a day without coffee and you have your 6 bucks back. You are making this a much bigger deal than it should be. The price that you agreed upon was 30 bucks a month. When you agreed to that, Verizon found a way to make it cheaper. Kind of like when a contractor does work for you. You agree to pay what he estimates, but sometimes he ends up finding a way to do it cheaper. Its a nice break, but its not what you agreed upon. If you are really struggling that bad that 6 dollars is going to break the bank for the month, you probably shouldn't have a phone.

Took the words right out of my mouth, so I'll quote you instead.
    12-09-09 09:29 PM
    Such arrogant people in here. Continue with your assumptions, you're making my morning read interesting.
    12-10-09 08:58 AM
    Such arrogant people in here. Continue with your assumptions, you're making my morning read interesting.
    Arrogant? The OP stated, not asked, if VZW was under breach of contract. If this is a true statement, the OP should have no trouble in getting out of his contract. Right?
    12-10-09 09:19 AM
    Who were you assuming I was talking about? Thanks for proving my point.
    12-10-09 09:22 AM
    $6/mo is not that much. I guess it is basically like them giving you free insurance though...
    12-10-09 02:14 PM
    My company never had an agreement with Verizon for discounts. Yet one was offered to me as a retiree of this State Government Organization when I signed on with Verizon two years ago. If you believe that your company is the reason your discount was removed then you are very much mistaken. This is simply a move by Verizon to get the extra $8-$15 that most employees and retirees get reinstated as a profit to Verizon. I have talked with a Verizon vice president and he confirmed that there is no way they will re-institute this discount program. So we must either now pay them the discount amount or find other companies that will. If you believe this is a dishonest way for them to get new customers by offering them a discount to sign up and then taking it away even before your contract expires, then you are correct. It is definitely a dishonest business practice disguised as an employee discount program. I think this really should be referred to the FTC as a dishonest business practice by Verizon.
    10-26-13 11:57 PM
    Yeah, it's BS I use to get 30% off data and 25% off accessories. They just verified my corporate account and took my data discount away but left my accessory discount?

Posted with my Z10, Q10, or iPhone 5s with Verizon from Philly
    10-27-13 11:43 AM
    If verizon pulls my discount i will switch to T-Mobile for sure don't care about coverage then getting way too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 05:44 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD