I notice on my bill that Verizon stopped giving me my 20% discount on the Data Plan Feature. Verizon said it was my employer (New York State) that chose not to continue that discount feature. I was never notified of this change and I believe this is a breach of my Verizon contract. Verizon disagrees and blames my "employer" (New York State). I know its $6, but they shouldn't be able to do that in the middle of my contract. I am stuck now. This is crazy. I wonder what other wireless providers offer.
    12-08-09 05:33 PM
    Getting a discount through your employer isnt part of your contract with VZW.

It is a perk for sure, but thats it.
    12-08-09 05:38 PM
    Employee discounts are not contracted with you & not part of your service agreement, PLUS the data portion is not under contract as you can add/remove at will - therefore, there is no breach of anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 05:40 PM
    I have been combing the customer agreement and I can not find it anywhere that you are entitled a discount for your service......as I am sure would have, if you read it. Nah, what for, just sign it.

12-08-09 06:04 PM
    Yep. Blame your employer, not provider. No breach of contract.

12-08-09 06:32 PM
    Look at the last page of your bill or a previous bill. It's on there. I noticed a message about it on my current bill.
    12-08-09 06:42 PM
    This again?

It's not a breach of contract, you can't get out of your contract, and yes you have to pay it.
    12-08-09 06:58 PM
    Sorry man, I agree, it's only $6, but it just makes the data feel more affordable. Saying you only pay 24 a month is better than 30.
    12-08-09 07:00 PM
    AT&T did the same thing when I made the mistake of going with them to get an iphone. I was getting 15% off iphone service then they said the employer discontinued it so I didnt get it any longer.
    12-08-09 07:24 PM
    Plus 1 on all said above.

12-08-09 07:36 PM
    I am new to crackberry forums and I need to vent a little so thanks for listening. I just think its unfair that it says on my printed contract "20% -- Feature Discount" and they don't have to honor that is crazy because I have to honor all of my obligations. They couldn't even provide me with documentation as to when "New York State made the change". The only thing I was told was that I wasn't supposed to get the discount but no one can explain to me why I was offered it and have been receiving it for almost a year.
    12-08-09 08:04 PM
    did you happen to ask your employer directly about it?
    12-08-09 08:07 PM
    I will ask them tomorrow, this all happened today. My friends and family have the same plan and they weren't notified either. So far one of my friends was able to get the discount reinstated "manually". I understand mistakes happen, but they should wait to make changes to contracts until the renewal time not in the middle of it. I guess that would be the honorable thing to do. Ok, I think I let out enough steam. I can't think about this anymore tonight. Thanks for listening.
    12-08-09 08:16 PM
    My contract makes absolutely no mention of my discount. Neither does yours.
    12-08-09 08:55 PM
    Just curious.. if Verizon had a surcharge on your bill for $6 every month and then they realized it was in error -- would you expect them to remove it? You would also expect a credit for every month the surcharge was on there, right?

So why should Verizon a) keep the discount on there and b) why shouldn't they charge you back $6 for every month you had it in error?
    12-08-09 09:16 PM
    I don't think it's been confirmed that this is dealing with a secondary line as many here gave assumed.

12-08-09 09:36 PM
    I also lost my 20% feature discount this month. I re-submitted my employer verification info online and called customer service, but it was never reinstated.
    12-08-09 10:04 PM
    I don't think it's been confirmed that this is dealing with a secondary line as many here gave assumed.

So are you assuming that the discount was removed from the Primary Line?
    12-08-09 10:30 PM
    My contract makes absolutely no mention of my discount. Neither does yours.
    You have receipt with extimated charges & you have the contract. Many get the two very confused.
    12-08-09 10:32 PM
    So are you assuming that the discount was removed from the Primary Line?
    I'm saying we don't know which line it is. The story and reason is totally different depending on which one it is.

12-08-09 11:37 PM
    I am new to crackberry forums and I need to vent a little so thanks for listening. I just think its unfair that it says on my printed contract "20% -- Feature Discount" and they don't have to honor that is crazy because I have to honor all of my obligations.
    Speaking of contracts... here is the Customer Agreement.

Customer Agreement

Am I Eligible for Special Discounts?
    You may be eligible for a discount if you are and remain affiliated with an organization that has an agreement with us. Unless your discount is through a government employee discount program, we may share certain information about your Service (including your name, your wireless telephone number and your total monthly charges) with your organization from time to time to make sure you're still eligible. We may adjust or remove your discount according to your organization's agreement with us, and remove your discount if your eligibility ends or your contract term expires. In any case, this won't be considered to have a material adverse effect on you.
    12-08-09 11:40 PM
    Speaking of contracts... here is the Customer Agreement.

Customer Agreement

Am I Eligible for Special Discounts?
    You may be eligible for a discount if you are and remain affiliated with an organization that has an agreement with us. Unless your discount is through a government employee discount program, we may share certain information about your Service (including your name, your wireless telephone number and your total monthly charges) with your organization from time to time to make sure you're still eligible. We may adjust or remove your discount according to your organization's agreement with us, and remove your discount if your eligibility ends or your contract term expires. In any case, this won't be considered to have a material adverse effect on you.
    Well Mister VZW, I do not recall this when I signed my name on the dotted line. Perhaps I should read what I sign.
    12-09-09 12:11 AM
    Employee discounts are not contracted with you & not part of your service agreement, PLUS the data portion is not under contract as you can add/remove at will - therefore, there is no breach of anything.

I will ask them tomorrow, this all happened today. My friends and family have the same plan and they weren't notified either. So far one of my friends was able to get the discount reinstated "manually". I understand mistakes happen, but they should wait to make changes to contracts until the renewal time not in the middle of it. I guess that would be the honorable thing to do. Ok, I think I let out enough steam. I can't think about this anymore tonight. Thanks for listening.
    Why would they wait to change it and lose money when it is not part of your contract anyway? Like Twins said, it's from your employer, not VZW. And you still have the discount on the rest of your plan, you just lost it on one feature.
    12-09-09 05:00 AM
    Blame your employer for not notifying you, not VZW. It sucks it happened, but VZW has nothing to do with it.
    12-09-09 09:42 AM

You can't really remove it at will if you got a smartphone, I thought it was required.
    12-09-09 11:45 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD