I live in ohio and started dropping calls late October Early November. Called several time and tried several things to reprogram phones. Finally one person said he would open a trouble ticket and found 4 others in my area told me 3 days from now they will have an answer (27 Nov). Fast forward couple days i get a call VZW service rep says it is in my device and we need to reprogram. i said impossible, if that were true why are there 4 others plus my wife. he assured me there was a mistake but he personal would handle it and contact me as soon as it was resolved. fast forward christmas eve talking on the phone drop call after drop call i get fed up and call VZW. They advise me that the problem was since the allele merger the service in my area was degrading and they have no plans of resolving the issue, it will be a known dead spot. here is the kicker they told me i was now eligible to be released from my contract and try another network.

So ATT users i am worried about losing more service but also losing my free in network calls as all of my family is vzw users other than my wife's parents. Any suggestions?
    12-27-09 12:38 PM
    Might I suggest that you ask to speak to a manager when you call, you really dont want to go to AT&T, I am an ex-AT&T user. Or you can give it some time, let them work out the kinks in the Alltel merger, trust me, I was an Alltel customer, I know exactly what problems you are having, just give it a few more months.
    12-27-09 12:52 PM
    Never had a problem with AT&T, least here on the East Coast.
    12-27-09 12:56 PM
    ATT is fine near Philly. We run into trouble traveling farther south but overall the service is good.

And so far their telephone customer service has been a real wonder. Maybe we have been lucky but we have stayed with ATT for years to get their customer service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 01:20 PM
    If I was given the opportunity to leave and try a new carrier without a ETF I would. Try AT&T. How many minutes do you use a month on Verizon split in your plan? If you have a family plan ( I assume since you said your wife ) AT&T has the A List w/Rollover on the plans with 1400 minutes or higher. You can add 10 numbers split between your wife and you and who else on the plan you can all call unlimited for free. So add those VZW people you like to call all the time. If you have 3G in your area get the Bold or Bold 9700 IMO, I have the bold but the 9700 I tried it yesterday is amazing.

Try to get as many 3G devices you can because AT&T's 3G network is getting upgraded fast and it works very well in my area I hope in yours too. You also have 30 days remember to try AT&T out.

also look at your coverage in the area AT&T Coverage Viewer

Zoom in and select show 3G coverage. I know that map isn't updated for about a month and AT&T went crazy the last 2 weeks on expanding 3G I know lots of areas that just went live.

So yeah hope this helped you out.
    Last edited by Chaldo; 12-27-09 at 01:51 PM.
    12-27-09 01:48 PM
    I live in ohio and started dropping calls late October Early November. Called several time and tried several things to reprogram phones. Finally one person said he would open a trouble ticket and found 4 others in my area told me 3 days from now they will have an answer (27 Nov). Fast forward couple days i get a call VZW service rep says it is in my device and we need to reprogram. i said impossible, if that were true why are there 4 others plus my wife. he assured me there was a mistake but he personal would handle it and contact me as soon as it was resolved. fast forward christmas eve talking on the phone drop call after drop call i get fed up and call VZW. They advise me that the problem was since the allele merger the service in my area was degrading and they have no plans of resolving the issue, it will be a known dead spot. here is the kicker they told me i was now eligible to be released from my contract and try another network.

So ATT users i am worried about losing more service but also losing my free in network calls as all of my family is vzw users other than my wife's parents. Any suggestions?
    You might be eligible for a VZW network extender. You could also look into a a signal amplifier. Wilson and zBoost are two manufacturers of the signal amps. I successfully used a zBoost device until tower convergence was completed in my area.
    12-28-09 06:19 PM
    I live in central Ohio and AT&T is fine, but the farther north I go it starts getting worse.
    12-28-09 06:21 PM
    at&T is better service for me then verizon was and I was with them for 6 years
    12-28-09 08:25 PM
    ditto above....I love AT&T so far....really loved TMO too......just wasnt carzy bout the outsourced CS.....and weak indoor signal.....what can I say Im a GSM guy
    01-04-10 09:31 AM
    ATT said that they're improving the signal in my area but they've been saying that for a couple months. I got the zBoost too recently and its working great and no more dropped calls in my house. Just a thought since you seem to be a similar situation. I got the dual-band one that works for all carriers.
    01-08-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD